Is it just me or does This game feel particulary Woke and that features got cut?

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
CaesarCzech
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Is it just me or does This game feel particulary Woke and that features got cut?

Post by CaesarCzech »

I mean i do get that this is based on Verhoffen rather than on superior Henlein but with stuff like Killing Union miners, sending them to slaughter etc. it does seems like its trying to outpope the pope in terms of "Message TM" plus i do have the game message doesnt have to do with quality of devs since this game first promised moral choices being able to work with Terran Command or going the more moral route and in general feels like lot of features got cut out of this game.

See the archived store page here https://web.archive.org/web/20210122012 ... an-command

It really feels like it not only got delayed but features got cut.
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Is it just me or does This game feel particulary Woke and that features got cut?

Post by Wolfenguard »

i don´t have read the shopsite
but from my view the game dont use its full potential

Counter Mechanic,
you need this unit to defeat this unit, if you dont have them on board you units get killed, so try again with a new composite if you can. you can see this especially in one of the last missions, where you only have acces to 3 different units and have to lvl them up to the max lvl, so you can give them a upgrade so they can fight against this one special enemy, in some other missions your get acces to new trooptypes, who overrun the enemy

missiondesign
side missions
some of them seems only to be there to route your troops to a specific location or fill the mission, no real reward aso
Timers
timers are nice at some points but not if you fight and then get a timer, finish the mission goal in this time or you fail the mission. One of this timers are the one on the powerplant, repair both turbines, but you have to capture the last goal or the powerplant melts,
Undergroundmissions
i like the untergroundmissions but there are less informations, if i get new troops or replaces for my troops, at some points i see i get replaces, but no feedback like, new troops arrived or we found survivors who will replaces ourer loses
missionsgoals
when i think back there are 2 mission goals, which need a overwork, the one where you have to bring 20 units to a specific point, if you lose to much in the beginning of the map, you need a restart of the mission. And the second one, where you have to bring a commander unit to a specific map point, but the unit dont heal and which some bad luck the unit get a instakill from a scorpion.

The Hives,
the hives, bug holes aso are a mechanic from the Game, which you can love or not. Depending on the enemys which spawns from the holes you stand there and hope your units kill, them fast enough or you have the right eople for the job, to finish the hole fast so you can kill the others and at last the main hole. if you send units in to finsh the bugs and a hole replenish his units, your units will fail and get killed, there are not a option to stop the respawn of the holes, like using grenades to close the hole for a time x so you cann kill the main treath or stop respawning trough maybe the flametrohwer units. An other good solution would be, different bug holes, small one who only spawn the smaller units and bigger ones who spawn different units or only the bigger ones
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Is it just me or does This game feel particulary Woke and that features got cut?

Post by Edorf »

From the archived store page it says it will feature
«Dynamically generated campaigns for virtually limitless replayability»

This is not mentioned as a feature on the new store page…

Edit: I don’t own the game so whether it’s there or not I can’t tell
sacia4
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by sacia4 »

Wolfenguard wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:50 pm The Hives,
the hives, bug holes aso are a mechanic from the Game, which you can love or not. Depending on the enemys which spawns from the holes you stand there and hope your units kill, them fast enough or you have the right eople for the job, to finish the hole fast so you can kill the others and at last the main hole. if you send units in to finsh the bugs and a hole replenish his units, your units will fail and get killed, there are not a option to stop the respawn of the holes, like using grenades to close the hole for a time x so you cann kill the main treath or stop respawning trough maybe the flametrohwer units. An other good solution would be, different bug holes, small one who only spawn the smaller units and bigger ones who spawn different units or only the bigger ones
I agree with you in that. The bugs holes should have a way to be closed by a limited time, like, using a Rocket Unit to shoot their hability (like in the movie, when they nuke a bug hole), until the player sends a unit to finish the Hive.

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”