Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by impar »

Maybe add an hero ranking, and place a system that rarely awards higher-ranking heroes on the highest level of difficulty but stays as is at the lowest level of didficulty?
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

In reality, enemy transport vehicles were also captured during the fighting. These foreign transport vehicles filled a considerable gap in being able to transport infantry and equipment, and also be able to tow artillery. Couldn't this function also be built in in the future, capture and use of these transport vehicles?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

asuser wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:24 am In reality, enemy transport vehicles were also captured during the fighting. These foreign transport vehicles filled a considerable gap in being able to transport infantry and equipment, and also be able to tow artillery. Couldn't this function also be built in in the future, capture and use of these transport vehicles?
What you say is likely very-true!, "however" in this Game... it seem's to me to be "too-much" needless additional "micro-managing" and "Unnecessary-Complexity!"... that really serves no useful game-play purpose or benefit... other than say... for instance an example...of having a 'Cherry' emplaced on a chocolate-cake.
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Total support for captured enemy trucks.

We got a lot of captured tanks, aircraft, artillery and so on.

But no captured trucks :shock:

The german army had to rely extensively on captured enemy vehicles.

Polish, french, british, soviet - you name it.

It would really add flavour to the game.

I always liked the Morris CDSW or the Scammel transporter. I would field them at once ;-)
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

wecker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:16 pm Total support for captured enemy trucks.

The german army had to rely extensively on captured enemy vehicles. … and on 11-Million Horses.

Polish, French_ Roughly 20,000+ French Transport Trucks... normally for Paved-Road use... not for Muddy Cow-Paths in Russia, british, soviet - you name it.

It would really add flavour to the game. ...So would 'MANY-MANY-More-Horses!'... would make the Game... "much more 'Realistic!' ".

I always liked the Morris CDSW or the Scammel transporter. I would field them at once ;-)
-------------------------------------
Not many people know that the greatest use of horses in any military conflict in history was by the Germans in WWII: 80% of their entire transport was equestrian [IE: Horses]. Something like 11-Million of them.

Of the 322 German divisions in the middle of the war - 1943 - only 52 were armored or motorized. Basically only 1 out of 6 Divisions could even be considered... "Motorized".

However!... here!... we are specifically dealing with a 'PanzerCorps' situation... where they would more likely be supplied with motorized-transport-vehicles... and not-horses!.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:59 pm
wecker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:16 pm Total support for captured enemy trucks.

The german army had to rely extensively on captured enemy vehicles. … and on 11-Million Horses.

Polish, French_ Roughly 20,000+ French Transport Trucks... normally for Paved-Road use... not for Muddy Cow-Paths in Russia, british, soviet - you name it.

It would really add flavour to the game. ...So would 'MANY-MANY-More-Horses!'... would make the Game... "much more 'Realistic!' ".

-------------------------------------
Not many people know that the greatest use of horses in any military conflict in history was by the Germans in WWII: 80% of their entire transport was equestrian [IE: Horses]. Something like 11-Million of them.

Of the 322 German divisions in the middle of the war - 1943 - only 52 were armored or motorized. Basically only 1 out of 6 Divisions could even be considered... "Motorized".

However!... here!... we are specifically dealing with a 'PanzerCorps' situation... where they would more likely be supplied with motorized-transport-vehicles... and not-horses!.
Hexaboo has a great video on his channel about such a run for the base campaign:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNU_p8Sioo

A curious idea for an AAR like that in the future if anyone is interested. :D
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BarbarianHunter »

I think an intermediate award would be fun. Something between expert and double support called "expert marksman" that grants the ability to spend 50% less ammunition per shot.

Perhaps when the promotion threshold is crossed, a choice between expert support or "expert marksman" could be offered like the Rudel hero.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

I have an idea for heroes for the why not use named aircraft or vehicle as heroes as someone we can get like the Memphis Bell or other craft like that seen they had more then one person on them and picture of them maybe more common then people picture but names like the Memphis Bell would be more like a commonedation points thing if anything else and i think this would add more flavor to the hero list of stuff to
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Untangling the Entanglements:

First off!... when i 'Sign-In'... the "Check-Box"... that says... "Remember Me"... does 'not-work'... please fix-it!.

Second!... i prefer to play the more difficult levels in this Game... but am unable too... because!... the "Prestige" that is allocated... at least for myself... is woefully inadequate.

"Meaning that" for say a half a dozen or a dozen Scenarios... i can just get by with the 'Meager-Amount' of Prestige that is provided upon completion of the previous said Scenario. But!... then it comes to a point of progressive diminishing returns on the completion of these previous Scenarios... where... eventually... i do not have enough 'Prestige'... to continue playing the Game.

Can something be done???... like... for instance!... allowing the "Player" to modify the set "Prestige"... for Scenario completions... or alternatively... just let the Player be able to add what he needs to continue.

Really!!!... if your that poor a 'Player'... then no-matter how much 'Prestige' you have... you won't last all that long anyway... so 'Why-Not' do something to remedy this situation.
------------------------------
I forgot to mention the cause or reason for the diminishing ability to refurbish my units with 'Prestige'... in the continuation of this explanation.

The "AI" can have as much and sometimes usually does... have at least 6X the number of Aircraft-Tanks-Anti Tank Guns-Artillery...etc.

Well!!!... you don't have to be a "Rocket-Scientist" to realize that this "setup-situation" is going to severely take a 'Heavy-Toll' on your Unit-Strengths... this is an overwhelming amount of AI-Units to deal with!... your force-strength-integrity speedily gets attritted down to nothing real fast. This situation then calls for and requires more 'Up-Keep' to maintain the viability and strength of your forces... to continue on.

Many times i read the actual historical state of that battle...where usually is says something like...
"Historically"... this was a Campaign easily won by the German Forces... the Russians or who-ever... were not able to mount a serious resistance.

Yet!... when i play it... i just barely survived!... it was 'No Push-Over'... i sure couldn't come to that conclusion... that it was just... "a walk-in-the-park!".
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Second!... i prefer to play the more difficult levels in this Game... but am unable too... because!... the "Prestige" that is allocated... at least for myself... is woefully inadequate.

"Meaning that" for say a half a dozen or a dozen Scenarios... i can just get by with the 'Meager-Amount' of Prestige that is provided upon completion of the previous said Scenario. But!... then it comes to a point of progressive diminishing returns on the completion of these previous Scenarios... where... eventually... i do not have enough 'Prestige'... to continue playing the Game.

Can something be done???... like... for instance!... allowing the "Player" to modify the set "Prestige"... for Scenario completions... or alternatively... just let the Player be able to add what he needs to continue.

If you want to play without worrying about prestige, you can just edit your prestige in the chat window

The command is something like "setany Prestige X" where X is the numerical value. So you could just set X to 400000 and not worry about it
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:05 am
Retributarr wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:03 pm
I do not have enough 'Prestige'... to continue playing the Game.
"Sequester Grundleplith": If you want to play without worrying about prestige, you can just edit your prestige in the chat window
The command is something like "setany Prestige X" where X is the numerical value. So you could just set X to 400000 and not worry about it
Well!... that's a 'First' for me!. "Thank-You!!!"... "Sequester Grundleplith"... i will try it out soon... i hope the information is correct so that it actually works out .
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:51 am Since I somehow ruined myself the dlc 1943 with op heroes, and it will be even worse in 1944, 1945, what do you think about removing some heroes traits? Especially zero slots, maybe double attack and a few more.
By removing I mean they should be only available for super heroes, like gero von manstein, the japanese tank dude and so on.
I know I could simply remove/delete heroes, but in my opinion the game mechanics should not allow hero abuse. If a scenario is made for 100 core slots I cant work if you put it 200 core slots, but using these heroes.
Sorry,, but i dislike the idea. That would punish a lot of players.
The easiest solution: dismiss the heros if you dont the power they offer. there is no diffrence between the game not serving those heros and dismissing them when they appear, the effect is: you wont have those heros ;)
2nd solution: that inefficient suplly trait together with that double ammo use trait. that prevent you from cheesing with steamroll and that 20 OS tiger is quite useless after the first steamroll ;) and that combination will offer some spice for other parts of your core
3rd solution: houserules like "dont use additional attacks granted by steamroll or dont os zero slot units

The game mechanics tolerate the massive abuse of power4 traits, using cheat codes, mass encirclements, broken hero combos, cheesing with the steamroll trait, and so on.

But yes, the most fun for me is building up a nice and spicy core force. im honest, without that possibility i wont play any dlc. But the game gets easier and easier and ofc thats reduces the fun.
i would suggest more options to alter difficulty. that wouldnt punish all player but may offer some more challenge for player that want this.
or a system with a more dynamic enemy army like they tried in FGII. The bigger and stronger your core is, the bigger and stronger the enemy becomes to keep the level of challenge. Im unsure if this is something easy to implement, but im pretty sure that would bring a lot of fun.

btw i consider camouflage + artillery/at-support way more powerful. in every DLC once i get camouflage i kill more units by traps than by steamrolling ;)
robman

Post by robman »

The simplest way to prevent overpowered hero combinations is to play with the only-one-hero-per-unit trait. That’s worth two trait points, so you can offset the handicap with something else. I always play the vanilla, Spanish, and 1939 campaigns with this trait in exchange for traits that maximize capture-generated prestige. Then (in 1940) I switch it for Trench Slog. But at some future point I will keep it on the whole way through, maybe combined with a significant chance of hero death (an incentive to keep midrange heroes in reserve).
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

robman wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:29 pm The simplest way to prevent overpowered hero combinations is to play with the only-one-hero-per-unit trait. That’s worth two trait points, so you can offset the handicap with something else.
Like I said before, the traits are not balanced. In SCW this trait is like free points, since you dont have a lot heroes.
I used to abuse it and picked the other trait that allows you to put one more hero on your units. So you still can put 2 heroes on your units and get 1 free point!
If you pick this trait in 1943 its worth like 10 general points, you cant punish yourself harder!

If you play with a chance of hero death its all about luck and bad luck. If you lose Galland in SCW its like game over, but on your next playtrough you just lose needless heroes...

"Houserules" are a way to go, but once again, I dont like the constraint to punish myself hard to have an ambitous difficulty. Its like playing a Jedi-Knight game and you will never use your lightsaber, because its too easy :)

The game got a crazy number of setting to make that game exactly like you want it, that is great!
But at least once I want to use all I got, my maximum strength to fight the enemy, But that doenst work, it cant work and its 75% about overpowered hereos.
That is why I would like to rework of the heroes or the hero-system.

Right now I am playing a new campaign without zero slots heroes and I try not to pick easy traits. Works good so far but I am still in 1939 :)
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:06 am But that doenst work, it cant work and its 75% about overpowered hereos.
That is why I would like to rework of the heroes or the hero-system.
Nah, its because the game offers a lot of niches to cheese mechanics and because it is balanced for a new fresh non imported core. Without a dynamic system that alters enemy power, your only chance is to pick neg trait and challenges to increase the difficulty for an imported super coreforce.

Its not (only) the heros and their combination. Watch Edmons latest PT AO42. Its fun to watch with 1 Hero per Unit. But guess ? He literally stomps thourgh the campaign like godzilla on speed without taking too much damage or loosing units (besides his poor recon planes).
Why ? Massive use of the steamroll trait. Ok and he plays on another lvl.

But you are right. The traits and challenges are quite unbalanced. This is why i would enjoy a dynamic system as an option to alter the enemy power. Or what about a lever, so the player can increase AI coreslots, unit quality, reinforcements, hero quality (if heroic showdown is picked) and so on.
again ofc as an option/challenge, like limited stock.
That would deliver a second advantage:
IF the AI gets more and better units, the maps will become way more random which increses the difficulty aswell.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:13 am Its not (only) the heros and their combination. Watch Edmons latest PT AO42. Its fun to watch with 1 Hero per Unit. But guess ? He literally stomps thourgh the campaign like godzilla on speed without taking too much damage or loosing units (besides his poor recon planes).
You will always find players who play beyond the standards and the game looks so easy, while you are struggeling hard.
But he still had a very good core and he need ages for every turn. You wont do much mistakes if you play like that.

The point is standard players with basic knowledge of the game can easily beat the hardest diffuculty.

I think I should check out the army you get when you start in 1942/1943.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:16 pm But he still had a very good core
The point is standard players with basic knowledge of the game can easily beat the hardest diffuculty.
Well a good core isnt overpowered Heros. And without the chance of combining them ZeroSlots is quite worthless, because is just a free unit. That was my point.
Massive Steamroller chains where in most of his missions the solution that was OP.

And i doubt that standart players can finish the game on generalissimus with basic knowledge.
Steam ACMs:
0,8% of all players were able to finish SCW on generalissimus
0,9% for AO39
0,9% for AO40
0,8% for AO41
0,7% for AO42

AO43got no data yet

checked 2 min ago ;)
OFC using cheat codes wont grand an acm at the of the campaign.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:16 pm
Bee1976 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:13 am Its not (only) the heros and their combination. Watch Edmons latest PT AO42. Its fun to watch with 1 Hero per Unit. But guess ? He literally stomps thourgh the campaign like godzilla on speed without taking too much damage or loosing units (besides his poor recon planes).
You will always find players who play beyond the standards and the game looks so easy, while you are struggeling hard.
But he still had a very good core and he need ages for every turn. You wont do much mistakes if you play like that.

I think I should check out the army you get when you start in 1942/1943.
If you wish to begin a campaign without an imported core, I would suggest beginning with AO41 based on my experience. Those heroes that you begin with are quite good when used intelligently. AO42 are similar, but a few changes, most noticeably you have a Overwhelming/Envelopment combo right off. But I still prefer AO41 because many of those Soviet maps are much easier and it gives you more time to build experience and collect heroes before the tougher AO42 maps. Just my opinion. Check them out for yourself, or try both.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:21 pm Well a good core isnt overpowered Heros. And without the chance of combining them ZeroSlots is quite worthless, because is just a free unit. That was my point.
"Just a free unit" can make the difference. In 1943 a tiger tank with 15 strength makes your whole are 5-10% stronger, just talking about core slots.
Massive Steamroller chains where in most of his missions the solution that was OP.
Steamroller seems to be overpowered, but it is limited by your ammo. Maybe some tanks just got to many armour.
And i doubt that standart players can finish the game on generalissimus with basic knowledge.
Steam ACMs:
0,8% of all players were able to finish SCW on generalissimus
0,9% for AO39
0,9% for AO40
0,8% for AO41
0,7% for AO42
Interesting data! But what does that mean exactly? Looks like generalissmus is ultra hard, but how many players did actually give it a try? I guess >95% never played on the generalissmus.
But I see your point, >90% of all players do not care about these problems, they just play and have fun :)

@adiekmann
I might give it a try if I will start another run.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 am Steamroller seems to be overpowered, but it is limited by your ammo. Maybe some tanks just got to many armour.
Yes, in my opinion Steamroller is massively overpowered. The fact that the unit doenst take any dmg after steamrolling is too much in my opinion.
But what is OP in AO series develops. In SCw a "surrender machine" is op, because you can pick out 1 strong enemy unit per turn.
in AO43 its a nice goodie to pick out 1 enemy unit per turn, but a steamrollmachine, even without zeroslots is able to kill 4-6 units per turn.
A lethal 21cm with overrun(hero)/steamroll, rapid fire 1.5 will carry you through ao39 and ao40 without any problems, in ao43 its still strong, but most enemy units will survive. but still possible with correct 4 heros.

The mentioned Tiger I or with industry connections Tiger II at 15OS is pure havoc. Even without ZeroSlots is worth every coreslot it will eat up.

Reducing the amounts of armour might solve some of those issues, but im unsure. I would balance steamroller. The fact that you wont take damage is too much in my opinion. so i would remove the "all terrain" steamroll, so that tanks can only operate in open tiles as a "Steamroller" or double the amout of ammo a steamroll consumes or remove the "immunity" against return fire, that might help a lot.
DefiantXYX wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:41 am But I see your point, >90% of all players do not care about these problems, they just play and have fun :)
I agree. Thats the reason why i would avoid balancing heros and stuff for all players and why i would prefer more options to make the game way harder for the minority of us "nerds". ;)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”