Quick Questions Thread on Rules

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Quick Questions Thread on Rules

Post by rbodleyscott »

tyronec wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:22 pm This is a question about infantry units turning around in combat.

There are two Irr foot facing away in a wood.
On my turn I charge them both with light infantry, which stick in combat.

During the enemy turn one of the Irr foot turns around and the combat continues.
The second Irr foot stays facing away while the combat continues, allowing me to rear charge it with a unit of MI.

What are the criteria which determine if the unit will about face or not. Is it random or is there some other factor in play, like for example winning the combat or a perceived charge threat ?
They should turn to face always, except against LF if that would expose them to a flank/rear charge by a non-light unit on the enemy next turn.

If you come across a situation which does not seem to fit those rules, please take a screenshot and post it here.
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Would Roman Legionaries (15) be protected at all by the enclosures, even if itself being located in the open ground but having enclosures to its right, protecting it against flank charges from that direction? (Since the tooltip says "Foot get protection from...".)

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kronenblatt wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:37 pm Would Roman Legionaries (15) be protected at all by the enclosures, even if itself being located in the open ground but having enclosures to its right, protecting it against flank charges from that direction? (Since the tooltip says "Foot get protection from...".)

Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

Hi

I recently had a game where after i played my turn the game steadfastly refused to upload to the server. I therefore had to replay the turn. I tried to replicate the same moves i had made in the original turn to be fair to my opponent and the turn had gone reasonably well! Each move resulted in exactly the same result (bar one fall back which resulted in a a disruption rather than a held, and i think i might have played the last bit in a different order)

Anyway my question is - is the rng pre ordained (i.e a series of numbers for the game) or is it just coincidence and the same results occurred and the rng is completely random.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

I think it's just random; I've had this happen a few times due to poor connection to the MP server and while often the results are similar, other times they can vary wildly, which is why I wish there was a clearer notification either in
game or via email if an opponent replayed a turn. 99% of the time it's probably just an innocent situation due to connection or hardware issues, but there have been occasional incidents of deliberate replaying that have come to light in tournaments, so it can happen. More transparency I think would cut down on such incidents, and/or reduce the temptation of doing so.

Regards,

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator

Return to “Field of Glory II: Frequently Asked Questions”