Ever-Green League - 300 BC

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Kashtronomical
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Ever-Green League - 300 BC

Post by Kashtronomical »

Kashtronomical (Gallic 300-101 BC) defeats anderarcos11 (Saka 300 AC-50 BC)
Score: 41-11

The Saka army is indeed a tricky one to master!
SawyerK
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by SawyerK »

SawyerK with the Thracian Triballi army

challenges

SpeedyCM and the Macedonians.

Private message sent

Battle accepted and begun
Stew101
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Stew101 »

Hi all,

game result.
Stew101 (Bosporan) drew with Dim30 (Etruscans), with the Bosporans left holding the field.

Score: 44 to 50.

An interesting game for both of us I think.
I've had the Bosporans a couple of times now, so I selected an army with maximum mounted bows, lots of LI skirmishers, lancers and a few mediums.
The terrain had good and bad features for both sides, with plenty of hills, woods and rough all over. This limited the avenues of approach and evade roots for the Bosporan mounted, but also kept the Etruscan foot spread out.
So we both played well, but the Etruscans could not catch enough horses and the Bosporans ran out of arrows.

Thanks to DIm30 for the game.
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

SawyerK leading the Thracian army lost to SpeedyCM with the Macedonians by 54 to 23.

The Thracians refused their right flank to avoid the Macedonian pikes for as long as possible but once they hit, the game was essentially over. Congratulations to my opponent for a well fought match.

The win gained SpeedyCM 4 points while SawyerK earned 1.
angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by angusosborne »

SawyerK wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:51 pm SawyerK leading the Thracian army lost to SpeedyCM with the Macedonians by 54 to 23.

The Thracians refused their right flank to avoid the Macedonian pikes for as long as possible but once they hit, the game was essentially over. Congratulations to my opponent for a well fought match.

The win gained SpeedyCM 4 points while SawyerK earned 1.
SpeedyCM keeps the bronze medal position
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne (Samnite 355-272 BC) draws with Hari72 (Sarmatian 350 BC - 50 AD) 54-50

The battlefield wasn't very kind to the Samnites with forests on both baselines, but in the middle only two small patches of Rough Going. They pushed forward into both patches and held the centre back and started well inflicting heavy losses on Sarmatian light troops, then gradually both sides got more and more drawn into the battle, which was mostly in quite a small space in the centre next to the larger piece of rough going. The Sarmatians came back into and it stayed fairly even right the way through. Terrific and tense game where it felt like I was skirting on disaster the whole time, but mostly withstood Sarmatian charges well.
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

SawyerK with the Macedonians

challenges

Stew101 leading the Etruscans.

Challenge also sent by private message.
Last edited by SawyerK on Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

My message to Stew101 about the password for our game is hung up in my Outbox so I am posting it on the board in hopes he will see it. I have also sent another private message.
Kyle

The password is 'Evergreen'.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

SawyerK wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:42 am My message to Stew101 about the password for our game is hung up in my Outbox so I am posting it on the board in hopes he will see it. I have also sent another private message.
Kyle

The password is 'Evergreen'.
I could take on a battle if you want to give up on Stew101
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

Deeter (Seleucid) challenges dim30 (Bosporan) as my dance card isn't full right now. If this is agreeable, I shall set the game up.

Deeter
dim30

Post by dim30 »

Hi Deeter. Chalenge accepted.
See you soon on battlefield.
deeter

Post by deeter »

Challenge posted. PW deeter

Deeter

Match underway.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne (Sarmatian with Scythian allies) challenges anderarcos11 (Gallic)

The password is "egl300"
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Hey guys
I'm going to be taking a break from this league for the next few months, I will post here when I'm ready to start playing again.
anderarcos11

Post by anderarcos11 »

angusosborne wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:43 pm angusosborne (Sarmatian with Scythian allies) challenges anderarcos11 (Gallic)

The password is "egl300"
Accepted.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

According to the spreadsheet. The first EGL300 battle started 15/09/2021. I suggest that on 15/09/2022 we declare the 21/22 season complete and crown the champion with an awesome GIF, and then open a new season, perhaps with a different date.

Further the other two EGL leagues are not very active. Now, I haven't ever got around to posting the rules to the EGL1240 forum post, but there hasn't been a battle in that league since May, and in the EGL900 league I have issued 4 of the last six challenges. So perhaps on 15/09/2022 we finish those leagues and do not replace them.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

The original idea behind the EGL, hence the name, was it would be an ongoing ladder played at a casual pace; players would be free to come and go as demands of RL or other games/tournaments took up their time. Thus, it has tended be a bit quiet when other tourneys or league seasons were in full swing. It generally picks up in between such events. I know for myself, I'm more active in those cases at least. I would be sad to see the format change in that respect.

Of course, as the organizer, you are free to make changes as to how you want to run things.

A couple of changes I think might help would be:

1. Simply divide it into an EGL Ancients and Medieval. That would give a much broader range of armies, but would sacrifice a bit of the historical match up flavor.

2. Allow players to switch to a new army more regularly; maybe once every six months.

My 2 cents,

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

The game between SawyerK (Macedonians) and Stew101 (Etruscans) ended in a draw at 37 to 19 as the Etruscans successfully traded space for time and exited the field when night fell.
SawyerK - 2 point draw
Stew101 - 1 point draw

Thanks for Stew101 for a determined defense and a great game!
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

Karvon wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 pm The original idea behind the EGL, hence the name, was it would be an ongoing ladder played at a casual pace; players would be free to come and go as demands of RL or other games/tournaments took up their time. Thus, it has tended be a bit quiet when other tourneys or league seasons were in full swing. It generally picks up in between such events. I know for myself, I'm more active in those cases at least. I would be sad to see the format change in that respect.

Of course, as the organizer, you are free to make changes as to how you want to run things.

A couple of changes I think might help would be:

1. Simply divide it into an EGL Ancients and Medieval. That would give a much broader range of armies, but would sacrifice a bit of the historical match up flavor.

2. Allow players to switch to a new army more regularly; maybe once every six months.

My 2 cents,

Karvon
I'd rather make decisions by consensus or with majority support from participants.

I think it's a good idea to allow the change of armies sometimes. Does anyone else have thoughts?
dim30

Post by dim30 »

deeter wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:18 pm Deeter (Seleucid) challenges dim30 (Bosporan) as my dance card isn't full right now. If this is agreeable, I shall set the game up.

Deeter
dim30 (bosporan) win Deeter (seleucid) 40/ 60.
A good game as always with Deeter. A light and mounted bosporan army to avoid frontal fight with pikes. Time have played for bowmen and javelinmen, then some lucky charges of bosporan lancer win the day, but a bloody battle in the end...

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”