Province Infrastructure Sharing & Reshuffle (bug?)

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

WarBonnet
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Province Infrastructure Sharing & Reshuffle (bug?)

Post by WarBonnet »

Hey Everyone

I found this game recently and really loving it so far! I'm at the beginning of my first proper playthrough, just starting to learn a little about how the mechanics work. Cool systems that make sense...however after uniting a couple provinces, something began to feel off about how the buildings were being constructed. I started to float a lot more infrastructure points and actual construction seemed to be taking longer. So I checked and found something weird.

When reshuffling the building options in a region, it makes sense imho that you would want to shift the production elsewhere. This worked fine for autonomous regions, moving pops to food for example. So in a unified province, of course (most of) a reshuffling region's infra points would shift towards other regions with actual buildings to complete, right?

Apparently not. It seems the game actually wants to steal other, active building regions infra production towards reshuffling regions - as crazy as that sounds. A human being realizes that the 1 infra cost for a reshuffle is negligible, but seemingly the game logic quite doesn't. I'll include a couple screenshots that show how having regions reshuffle with 1 infra cost - vs building nothing at all apparently makes a huge difference to the logic in the game engine. Every single time now that I've paid close attention to a region with a shuffle 'build', does it not only not redistribute reshuffling regions infra points to other regions - but actually grabs extra infra towards them from regions actually building stuff.

https://ibb.co/album/s5w60x

Or maybe I've just misunderstood things and there's a simple explanation for making things work properly. In that case I'll welcome anyone to school me on this. But if this is an actual small bug, I'm certain the devs here will have a quick fix for it with the next patch - whenever that's coming out. This game is an absolute masterpiece - and clearly got that way with a real dedication for ironing out all the issues people have encountered. Keep up the great work, I can't wait for the kingdoms version!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Province Infrastructure Sharing & Reshuffle (bug?)

Post by Pocus »

It's averaged, you don't actually lose points. You can even shut down some regions so that their production is funneled to a single one.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
WarBonnet

Post by WarBonnet »

Pocus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:19 pm It's averaged, you don't actually lose points. You can even shut down some regions so that their production is funneled to a single one.
I never said I was losing infra points....

The problem is the exact opposite. Reshuffling regions (especially reshuffling for a few turns in a row) start floating huge amounts of points, when they should really be going towards actual buildings being built. That's my point. Reshuffling is essentially shutting down production in a region for a turn. But the game doesn't treat it like that. However I think it should
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

For the game the region is not idle, it is reshuffling, so the infrastructure mostly stays in the region. If after reshuffling you get what you want, and that's the goal of reshuffling, then all these points will be of use. If you are still not happy, then let the region do nothing for one turn, and the points will be sent to others regions.

That would be weird to reshuffle several turns, get the building you want, and have to restart with no accumulated production.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
WarBonnet

Post by WarBonnet »

Alright, it seems we simply have different priorities then. You prefer stockpiling build points for future buildings, whereas I'd have wished for more optimized current turn production.
Fair enough, clearly we have a different idea of what feels intuitively right...and that's perfectly fine :wink:

Thx Pocus!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”