Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Storm Over Europe - Condor Legion (Custom Campaign)

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

CaesarCzech wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 am Ezzi how did you handle Spanish Support in Further Wars ? i know i suggested having secondary objectives award tokens and then simply have the total spanish support be based on the number of those tokens back during testing but i wasnt around during late period of testing, Also Give Kudos to your briefing guy the Briefings are much better than what i writen.

Hopefully we will be able to do some branching in next parts due to 1943 DLC if we can dissect it.

Seriously guys PzC II suffers a bit from the mechanics i had written special popups on every objective as well as sort of DV popup if all objectives are completed but while you may write the stuff its hard to actually get it into the game. Like there was even talk of having different heroes pop up into briefings based on if you have them in core or not. Game really could use some Simple IF THEN functions to allow you to setup differences. Hopefully its going to be more moddable in future due to DLC branching.
I couldn't, but that feature is comming for Finland, btw you can still work with doc in the server for briefings, we only did corrections or rephrased some of your stuff, but most of all it was good.
Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:41 pm
I couldn't, but that feature is comming for Finland, btw you can still work with doc in the server for briefings, we only did corrections or rephrased some of your stuff, but most of all it was good.
Are we getting a full campaign for the Winter War?
That would be pretty cool; I really loved the Finland missions in AO39 and thought the PzC1 GC team did a great job with the Norway missions
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:51 pm
Ezequiel1996 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:41 pm
Are we getting a full campaign for the Winter War?
That would be pretty cool; I really loved the Finland missions in AO39 and thought the PzC1 GC team did a great job with the Norway missions
Not in full scale but at least we have 5 or 6 scenarios for 1940, and many others for the continuation war.
Kreuzfeuer63
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Kreuzfeuer63 »

Hallo tpoo

Do you already have news about your 1939 campaign? I'm really looking forward to the continuation of SoE.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Kreuzfeuer63 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:49 am Hallo tpoo

Do you already have news about your 1939 campaign? I'm really looking forward to the continuation of SoE.
We are currently working on 1939. It has a lot of scenarios so it takes time. We are currently working on the briefings so when that is done we will have a our play testers do a beta test on it.
Ezequiel1996

Re: Storm Over Europe - (Custom Campaign)

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

if you want to do beta test you can pm me or Tpoo and we will send you the necesary files :)
Last edited by Ezequiel1996 on Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An idea for 1939:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kbsp_wz._1938M

A problem with fighting Poland in the game is that the irl campaign was so quick and early in the overall war that Poland's tech isn't very interesting. So we get things like the Spoils of War scenario from PzC1 where you fight the Soviets, or where you use commendation points in A0 1939 to somehow recover a Sturmovik squadron.

This rifle was actually pretty interesting, and since it was (briefly) actually used in combat, you could include some combination of:
encountering a Polish hero unit with it in combat
or a couple of improved Polish units with it to simulate them getting it straight from the factory

and then capturing the factory or defeating the hero as an optional objective either gets you a hero with precise optics/butcher/RF1.5x or something OR you get to upgrade one infantry unit to "field-test" the rifle
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

STORM OVER EUROPE_SIEGE OF ALCAZAR:

Note: this posting is just my first effort at playing this Campaign!... i found it unsatisfying and not even-handed [Even though the consensus from others reports...seem to be that the Game is just fine?], but!... that may just be because i am a very-poor-player... or i am doing almost everything wrong!... i don't know what the problem is. So here goes anyway!.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting Game... however?... i have only gone as far as the siege of ALCAZAR... and i am dismayed at the unfairness of this Game!.

Fore example!... my Aircraft and Armored Units are UNABLE to direct assault the Cities...where-as the 'AI' units are freely able to do just exactly such. That alone makes my effort to complete the mission successfully nearly impossible!.

His infantry units can cause 4-damage on a 10-strength Tank... on a regular basis, where-as... my armor units usually cause less than that when i assault his infantry with my tanks... and this is on flat-terrain... not hills!.

The allocated "Prestige" from Scenario to Scenario is much-less than half... [It should even be Triple the original allocated amount] ... that at what it should be to continue on in the Game... without running out of Prestige like i did after repairing damaged units at the start of ALCAZAR... just after completing the previous Scenario. At the Start of ALCAZAR... after repairing my units... i had 'No-Prestige-Left'!... and there even wasn't even a minimal amount of it supplied turn after turn with which to get by with... whats with that?.

Finally!... did the 'Republicans' really have such an overwhelming amount of Aircraft, Tanks, Anti-Aircraft-Guns, Anti-Tank-Guns and horrendous quantities of Artillery???. They seem to be massively over endowed with these assets.

All-In-All... this... for me-myself... makes this Game Unplayable... its a waste of effort and time!.
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Funny - I have the same problem as my good colleague Retributarr: I also stopped playing the campaign at Alcazar.

I tried it 4 or 5 times with different units, but Moscardos unit is wiped at at turn 5 or 6 latest. Not to mention the wave of TB2 bombers which I am unable to shoot down with my not-so-good aircraft.

And this is on the lightest setting :oops:

And I play with Auxiliary Force with 4 extra italian cavalry units, Arty, tanks and a CR32. :roll:

What am I doing wrong?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

wecker wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:24 pm Funny - I have the same problem as my good colleague Retributarr: I also stopped playing the campaign at Alcazar.

I tried it 4 or 5 times with different units, but Moscardos unit is wiped at at turn 5 or 6 latest. Not to mention the wave of TB2 bombers which I am unable to shoot down with my not-so-good aircraft.

And I play with Auxiliary Force with 4 extra italian cavalry units, Arty, tanks and a CR32. :roll:

What am I doing wrong?
Always thanks for the feedback. This is probably the hardest scenario in the campaign but it is doable and completed by all of our play testers. It is hard to know your difficulty with it though with out seeing the strategy you used or the traits you have assigned. While everyone who has completed it may have a different strategy, I would suggest an over-strength tank unit with good heroes, maybe two over-strength tank units, to capture the airport northwest of Toledo asap. This would break the encirclement and save the Alcazar. I would also forget about all other objectives for now and send your entire force towards Toledo. You should have some AA guns to help with the enemy air. Send all your artillery towards the Victory Hex on the Guadarrama River, after capturing Torrrijos, with you top units asap to secure that hex so it is easier to cross the river. If you have the trait Aux Force then you should make your core with less units so you can over-strength some.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

tpoo wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:25 pm
wecker wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:24 pm Funny - I have the same problem as my good colleague Retributarr: I also stopped playing the campaign at Alcazar.

What am I doing wrong?
Always thanks for the feedback. This is probably the hardest scenario in the campaign but it is doable and completed by all of our play testers.

I would suggest an over-strength tank unit with good heroes, maybe two over-strength tank units, to capture the airport northwest of Toledo asap. This would break the encirclement and save the Alcazar.

Send all your artillery towards the Victory Hex on the Guadarrama River, after capturing Torrrijos, with you top units asap to secure that hex so it is easier to cross the river. If you have the trait Aux Force then you should make your core with less units so you can over-strength some.
Maybe!... just Maybe!!!... these suggestions might-work... but!!!... i NEVER 'Over-strenghten' any of my Units... i do not care to resort to that!... for me... that would be like accessorizing my troops with 'Plazma-Lazer-Cannons' to routinely readily "obliterate-vaporize" the Enemies Tank-Armoured-Divisions with the greatest of ease!.

Why does!... why is it required?... to need additional 'unrealistic-'Gimmickry' to be implemented... to have it... to get involved to make a successful outcome to the completion of a Scenario in a Campaign???.

A good Campaign should be 'ENGINEERED' to not have to make 'Nonsense' the 'Intent' or 'Pretense' ... "To-Make-It-So!".

Other than all of my "Habitual-Scowling"... "You have the prospect of a 'Great-Game' here"... it just needs some 'Tender Loving Care and some 'Major Re-Adjustments'... to make it digestible-playable... for a "Joe-Shlunck-The -Midget"... like myself!.

Just my two cents, but I don't find overstrength gimmicky, it's just another mechanism of the game.

Moreover, I don't think it's particularly ahistorical: you can explain it to yourself in your head that it's a formation (division, brigade, regiment whatever) that has been given an extra sub-formation (brigade, regiment, company, etc), which was a fairly common practice.

In the game, overstrength is sometimes, if not necessary, advantageous because it increases the maximum possible kills, which particularly for tanks can help trigger overrun cascades.

Havent played Alcazar in a while but I remember finding the whole campaign challenging, which I really enjoyed. The base game can tend towards being a cakewalk, and I understand the needs of the devs in reaching the broadest audience. But I really like when modders up the challenge a little bit

As another tip for the campaign, I found the artillery AT guns really useful as direct attack weapons against infantry the second time I played (the first time I didnt really use them since, not being in the base game, I was not familiar with them)
wecker

Post by wecker »

So thank you tpoo for your tips.

I really concentrated now the forcesa as you advised. But...

6 IT Cavalry
3 SM79
3 L3/35
2 CR32

besides my core force of

4 Ar 68
2 HS123
2 Flak 30
4 leFH18
3 SdKfz 221
4 PzIA

seems rather difficult to me.

Its the 4th scenario in the campaign? I mean you are just starting. It is quite discouraging for a beginner (which I`m not in my view).

It is the same with the Axis Operations DLCs. The spanish campaign is the most difficult and a brutal grind.

But I will continue on - i am happy that there are mods and enjoy them very much.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Storm Over Europe V2.0 with campaign SOE1939 is now completed and ready for beta testing on our Discord Server. If you are interested and would like to beta test SOE1939 please send Ezequiel a PM. He can provide you with an invite to the server.
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

I finished the Spain Campaign, extremely well done campaign, obviously you guys put in alot of work. Biggest issue I saw was the prestige was very, very light for the tasks assigned. Really looking forward to SOE1939. I would recommend that anyone playing this scenario play it on the easiest settings.
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

TJLionheart wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:47 am I finished the Spain Campaign, extremely well done campaign, obviously you guys put in alot of work. Biggest issue I saw was the prestige was very, very light for the tasks assigned. Really looking forward to SOE1939. I would recommend that anyone playing this scenario play it on the easiest settings.
Why should "anyone" play it on the easiest difficulty??
The best part of this campaign is that its the only one providing a challenge to experienced players as for them all official campaigns are way to easy.
Its perfectly doable on the highest difficulty level though I had to restart 2 scenarios to manage all bonus objectives.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

The Latest campaign, Storm Over Europe 1939 is now available to download with the link on the first post of this thread.
Thanks to the folks who play tested the beta and helped get this ready. We have new features for this latest campaign.
Everyone please enjoy.
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hey everyone, that sounds great, in the beta I got as far as the 2nd Finland scenario.
Now I'll probably start the 1939 expansion again, thanks for that.

greetings
Garb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Garb »

tpoo wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:16 pm The Latest campaign, Storm Over Europe 1939 is now available to download with the link on the first post of this thread.
Thanks to the folks who play tested the beta and helped get this ready. We have new features for this latest campaign.
Everyone please enjoy.
Thank you!
Gnosport

Post by Gnosport »

I'll be posting a guide to SCW and currently working on a 1939 guide.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”