Cannot build Salt Marsh in marsh

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Cannot build Salt Marsh in marsh

Post by primevalangel »

I have multiple swampy marshes, and in none I can build Salt Marsh (it is not in the Agricultural "Available structures"), which I greatly need for producing salt. Why?

PS: How can I attach a print-screen here? For some time there is no "Add inline" button, like I remember it was before in the Attachments section.
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
springel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Cannot build Salt Marsh in marsh

Post by springel »

I don't know about the rules in the game about this, but in order to win salt from a marsh, in the real world that has to be a salt water marsh, which means it has to be at the sea coast in a moderate climate.

Only in a dry hot climate will a fresh water area evaporate enough over time to become salty.

A salt marsh away from the coast in Central/Eastern Europe would sound weird to me.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Cannot build Salt Marsh in marsh

Post by primevalangel »

It seems the Salt Marsh description says "limited to coastal march" (as answered by another user on Steam), so you are right. Thanks.
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”