The end of Rome, Etruscan glory

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

The end of Rome, Etruscan glory

Post by vaalen »

The game I wrote about earlier is over. In the Rise of Persia scenario, I played Rome. Mtters progressed to the point that I was a republic, had two highly developed provinces, and so declared my independence from The mighty Etruscan Empire. I thought they would attack me, but they did not.
But, feeling that I could handle them, i declared war on them. I won a number of early bttles and took their client state of Neopolis.

Then I used the ledger to scoout Etruria, which is right next to my Capital of Latium. There were no units there, so I felt confident sending most of my army into the area, hoping to take the city after I set up a siege. Unknowon to me, the Etruscans had sent a laarge army that arrived in Etruria at the same time as my main army. I was heavily outclassed and soundly defeated, but most of my units survived. Until they retreated to Latium, where they were intercepted on the very same turn by the surviving army of Newopolis, which was fresh. In the ensuing battle , the heavily damaged units of my main army were almost completely wiped out. Rome was beiseged, with no possible relief force.

Kudos to the AI, which actually outwitted me and lured me into a trapl Latium was the only possible area I could retreat to, and the AI coordinating two forces so well was quite impressive.

I am a very experience player.
Bullseye500
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: The end of Rome, Etruscan glory

Post by Bullseye500 »

That sounds like it was a fun game. The AI does have a few tricks up it's sleeve.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Bullseye500 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:12 am That sounds like it was a fun game. The AI does have a few tricks up it's sleeve.
It was a lot of fun. A brilliant move by the AI. Yes, the AI in this game does have some nice tricks, and I have run into a number of them. This was the most successful.
Hanny
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Hanny »

Hi Stamb :D b

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”