FIELD OF GLORY KINGDOMS

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Bombax
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: FIELD OF GLORY KINGDOMS

Post by Bombax »

I'm really looking forward to this too, but mostly I wanted to just quickly post in support of comments about what a terrific developer Pocus is. When I've wanted to try some personal mods he has always been happy to answer my questions, (even my stupid ones!), and that has hugely expanded my enjoyment of the game and my immersion in it. Along with Richard Bodley Scott, I think Pocus shows what a massive difference it makes to have a developer who is fully committed to the community as well as the game. Long may they both continue to provide us with quality games!!!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks, Bombax.
I'm still a player and I try to only do what I would like to see, as a player, from a developer. So good games (hopefully!) and proper support.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

Does anyone know when this game will be released? Not an exact date, but will it be this year or 2023? The last game was fantastic so I have a hard time waiting :)
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

jnpoint wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:12 pm Does anyone know when this game will be released? Not an exact date, but will it be this year or 2023? The last game was fantastic so I have a hard time waiting :)
I too am having a hard time wairting for this. My feeling is that it will be one of the best games ever
made.

I know it is due to enter beta in September of this year.

Perhaps Pocaus can tell us more about the projected release date.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Beta call will indeed be in September, actual beta start later than that thus!
And so as you can expect, beta will 'spill over' spring 2023...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

Pocus wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:33 pm Beta call will indeed be in September, actual beta start later than that thus!
And so as you can expect, beta will 'spill over' spring 2023...
Thanks. That's a long wait, but good to know.
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

Hi Pocus -

Just to circle back on some suggestions made earlier in development, some quick questions:

1. Is it likely that when released the new game will have an in-game messaging capability that will include the ability to send confidential messages to both single players and groups? That is desperately needed to help foster diplomacy between players and is well-suited to a turn-based game like this, where diplomacy can play a key role. Currently, it is bothersome to require people to either use third party programs or exchange emails if they want to conduct diplomacy.

2. Will any improvements in the game engine and bug fixes be patched into FOG:E?

3. Will the new game have more scenarios than just the big campaign and a tutorial (like FOG:E did)?

4. Will the new game allow new players to pick up inactive positions in an ongoing game, to counter the usual attrition that slowly depopulates MP campaign games?

5. Will there be any more DLC for FOG:E before the new game releases?

Best,
JVJ
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Hi Elxaime,

1. I'm lobbying for that. It is done by another team.

2. There will be a patch for Empires before Kingdoms is released and I'll fix bugs, and improve there and there when doable, using the new Kingdoms code. Not everything will be there though, it would require too much work to retrofit all Kingdoms code into Empires. But I expect a good amount of minor improvements done for Kingdoms making into Empires.

3. Yes, 2 mini-campaigns, playable from 2-4 players. Very adapted to medium-size PBEM.

4. I'm lobbying for that. It is done by another team. Yes, same sentence as (1) :D :roll:

5. Probably no. Unless you assemble a team of modders. I'm the only one doing gameplay, UI and AI in Empires/Kingdoms. I'm being helped on data and I don't do arts or rendering, but still.
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

Thanks Pocus! Sounds like we need to clone you! I hope you succeed in your lobbying for changes by the other teams. Those changes will really elevate the FOG system to another level. Also, great to see mini campaigns!
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Pocus wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:11 pm 5. Probably no. Unless you assemble a team of modders. I'm the only one doing gameplay, UI and AI in Empires/Kingdoms. I'm being helped on data and I don't do arts or rendering, but still.
The question I’d like to ask players is then what a modders’ DLC would ideally contain:

1. Different mechanics (which?)?
2. More start dates (which)?
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

gaius21 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:02 pm beta early autumn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLC2O9LVQXU
Early autumn has arrived! Pocus - any word?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

More like late Autumn, but each day closes the gap :wink: :D
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

thank you for the updates and getting us all excited for the new game. I am looking forward to seeing the new game play as I like playing FOG Empires
fractious_celt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fractious_celt »

Pocus wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:05 am Thanks Bullseye!

For Persia, have you tried either Sparta, Athens or even Rome? There is clearly a race against times when playing Rome, you need to intervene aggressively.
Personally, I tried Rome a few times but found that its neutering (no level III), spoiled the fun a lot. I did win as Lydia, though.
Surt
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Surt »

fractious_celt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:24 pm
Pocus wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:05 am Thanks Bullseye!

For Persia, have you tried either Sparta, Athens or even Rome? There is clearly a race against times when playing Rome, you need to intervene aggressively.
Personally, I tried Rome a few times but found that its neutering (no level III), spoiled the fun a lot. I did win as Lydia, though.
Try Babylon, their ruler is hopeless, but you can win.
More challenging is Media ...
fractious_celt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fractious_celt »

I'll try.
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

Given the lack of further news, one assumes beta for this is slipping into 2023? Any update?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Probably, as Slitherine has the habit of a two-week vacation period around Christmas and on second thought, starting the beta, pausing it then resuming in January would be suboptimal, most betas would leave during vacation. So no particular issue in the game, but an optimization of schedule :wink:
elxaime
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by elxaime »

FoG:K is among the topics scheduled to be discussed at the December 13th livestream!

https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinetv/sche ... 32b0a770bb
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

And done! Neil, Kingdoms producer did talk for 30 mn about the game.
For people who missed the chat, there will be a youtube link published soon.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”