Creating new units

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

FunPolice749
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Creating new units

Post by FunPolice749 »

I've been tinkering with creating new units within the game for a mod I am making. However, I have found myself stuck with changing the skin of the units without doing it in game. Does anyone know if there is a place I could allow units to come with a specific skin to start with?

As an example I want to create Ostruppen and will be using the conscript model. I would like to have them come in a green outfit so they stand out from a conscript squad. Any help would be appreciated.
FunPolice749

Re: Creating new units

Post by FunPolice749 »

So I've been trying to make a variety of things work to no success. I believe I have a modest understanding of what the game looks for but know there are things I'm missing.
For example I tried creating a new model for the KV8 flamethrower tank which just meant to be a KV1 but one that shoots flames rather than it's main gun. I found the UnitModels spreadsheet where all the vehicles get things like their sound effects and weapon effects but when assigning this new model to a custom unit in the Units spreadsheet just causes crashes. I also dived into the Graphics folder and made a copy of the KV1 folder called the KV8 as I figured maybe it just can't reference a different model but this did nothing.
I think the thing I can't find is where the game connects unit models to the Graphics folders. Does anyone know where this connection is made as if I could link those 2 it might allow for some basic custom models to be made.

I have no experience in Unreal Engine but am gonna try opening some files through that to see if I can make any progress. If anyone has had their own success please share it because I really want to make a handful of custom units but can't figure out what is going wrong currently.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”