Distraction trait - what is best use?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Korvessa
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Distraction trait - what is best use?

Post by Korvessa »

I can't figure out what is the best use for this trait?
So naturally I have like 3 of them.
At first I thought strat bombers to keep AA in check - but that doesn't seem to work.
How do others use them?
Tassadar
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Distraction trait - what is best use?

Post by Tassadar »

Recon cars all the way. They are mobile and can turn off multiple targets in one turn, especially AT guns in fortified tiles. They also work surprisingly well on fighters or recon places. You don't get to affect ground targets (that's why it did not work with bombers), but can disable enemy fighter support and reach juicy bomber targets.
adiekmann
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by adiekmann »

It is one of my least favorite heroes; you know, the ones where you sigh deeply when you see it awarded to you.

And yes, recons are an obvious choice, but I usually put it on my Stuka that has Rudel on it. I always choose Lightning Attack as one of his attributes and with Distraction he nullifies the AA for other aircraft attacks on say a large group of city hexes with several enemy units clustered together.
Bee1976
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Bee1976 »

For me the best use of this hero is:

selling him for prestige

I tried to use this hero in a PT, but its risky, the AI like to hunt down exposed and unprotected recon units that are distracting their AT/Artillery pieces ;) So you need to plan your movement-points well, or you might lose that recon.

Maybe (!) a fast '(OS15) unit with prudent + distraction combined with phased movement (i still wait for this hero...) might work out well. (verdeja would be awesome i think) but to be honest, for that slotcost you can bring a nice artillery-piece or a nice strat bomber and use the supression to "distract" the enemy ;)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”