Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - v1.1.29 Update

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - v1.1.29 Update

Post by AlbertoC »

Today we're releasing a massive patch accompanying the start of Warhammer Skulls Festival 2022.

It contains the Penitent Engine, a new unit for the Sisters of Battle neutral faction in Planetary Supremacy, as well as the highly requested new HQ Upgrades for all factions in Planetary Supremacy.

This is the first round of improvements for Planetary Supremacy: as stated, we're committed to keep expanding it, so you can expect more in the future.

And speaking of the future, today we have quite a few announcements to make... you can read about it on the store page.

As usual, you can find the full changelog below. Please let us know what you think, as your feedback is extremely important for us. Thanks!

Changelog:

Changes
● NEW UNIT! Added the Penitent Engine to the Adepta Sororitas minor faction army in Planetary Supremacy
● Added HQ Upgrades to Planetary Supremacy. Each playable faction now has a full tech tree to unlock. HQ Tokens are awarded for fighting battles.
● Added options when starting a new Planetary Supremacy campaign to control HQ Upgrades settings, including:
○ Whether enemy factions can start with all units and abilities unlocked (for an added challenge)
○ Whether acquiring HQ Upgrades costs an Action Point (in addition to HQ Tokens)
● Added the option in Planetary Supremacy to include allies as neutral opponents. For example, if playing as Blood Angels, it will be possible to enable Adepta Sororitas as a neutral sub-faction.
● Improvements to the strategy layer AI in Planetary Supremacy, including making the AI more aggressive in capturing ground in the early stages of a campaign
● New Planetary Supremacy campaigns now randomise the map type for each hex tile.
● Changed how barks are selected when out of range enemies are nearby, to reduce repetition.
● (QoL) Improved default loadout placement of units. Units now always default to being positioned at the front of the grid, ranked by unit power, rather than a "random" blob or a row at the back of the grid
● (QoL) Added support for displaying expiration time for special ability tooltips
● (QoL) Made the (left-click) Unit Interrogation UI scrollable (for some units, the auto-size panel could go off the screen)
● (QoL) Gamepad controls for the pre-battle "loadout" phase have been reworked to be easier to use
● (QoL) Added the ability to swap units when using a mouse & keyboard during the pre-battle "loadout" phase
● Several adjustments to HQ commands. Made Assault Squad Strike and Scarab Tempest only able to target visible tiles, and disallowed the Interact command for Spore Mines
● Reduced VRAM usage by shaders
● Optimisations to reduce overall memory usage
● Improved the animation transitions for Necron units.
● General reduction of memory usage for ability and weapon visual effects
● Added more animation to the UI, in general. For example, the Command Bar and Unit Info Panel now slide in/out when activated/deactivated.

Balancing
(Numbers in brackets are previous values)
● Blessed Ammunition now gives a +1 bonus to Armour Piercing when not empowered (0)
● Increases shots from Baal Predator Twin Assault Cannon to 100 (80) and AP to 4 (3)
● Decreased upgrade cost of Baal Predator Flamestorm Cannon to 40 (60) points
● Reduced Reanimation Protocols % chance to 40% (50%)
● Changed Assualt Terminator 'Shock and Awe' status that is added when Teleporting from a +15% melee damage buff to a -35% melee damage debuff, to eliminate HQ sniping. Changed status name to 'Teleported'
● Put an Ammo limit of 4 on Necron Overlord Orb of Resurrection
● Changed HP for a number of units:
○ Sanguinary Priest: 180 (was 150)
○ Land Speeder: 225 (was 150)
○ Land Speeder Tornado: 225 (was 150)
○ Baal Predator: 400 (was 365)
○ Tervigon: 425 (was 380)
○ Tyrannofex: 425 (was 350)
○ Gargoyle: 30 (was 20)
○ Broodlord: 310 (was 380)
○ Immortal: 55 (was 65)
○ Seraphim: 55 (was 75)
● Change Point Costs for a number of units:
○ Land Speeder: 95 (was 90)
○ Land Speeder Tornado: 125 (was 130)
○ Baal Predator: 205 (was 215)
○ Primaris Librarian: 190 (was 210)
○ Inceptor: 110 (was 90)
○ Lieutenant: 165 (was 185)
○ Librarian Dreadnought: 240 (was 305)
○ Gargoyle: 40 (was 50)
○ Tyrannofex: 190 (was 155)
○ Prime: 185 (was 210)
○ Broodlord: 195 (was 320)
○ Seraphim: 55 (was 45)
○ Necron Warriors: 65 (was 55)
○ Scarab Swarm: 30 (was 20)
○ Immortals: 100 (was 95)
● Adjustments to Necron Weapons:
○ Made Gauss Cannon default on Annihilation Barge
○ Increase Tesla Carbine & Twin Tesla Carbine AP to 2 (was 1)
○ Increase Gauss Cannon damage to 50 (was 45)
○ Increase Tesla Cannon damage to 15 (was 10), AP to 4 (was 2)
○ Increase Twin Tesla Destructor damage to 8 (was 6), AP to 4 (was 2)
○ Reduced Feeder Mandible damage to 3 (6)
● Adjustments to Blood Angels weapons:
○ Plasma Exterminator, Plasma Pistol (Sang. Guard) - Acc to 85 (was 80)
○ Plasma Pistol (Sang. Guard, Adepta Sororitas) - Accuracy to 85 (was 70), Range Falloff 10 (was 15), ArmPen 5 (was 6)
○ Plasma Incinerator - Ranged Falloff to 10 (was 15)
○ Heavy Plasma Incinerator - Ranged Falloff to 10 (was 20)
○ Inferno Pistol, Dreadnought Melta - Ranged Falloff to 10 (was 15)
○ Land Speeder Assault Cannon - Ranged Falloff to 10 (was 15), ArmPen 3 (was 2)
○ Changed the Plasma Pistol upgrade cost to 15 (was 30)
● Adjustments to Tyranid weapons:
○ Increased Devourer w/Brain Leech Worm to AP3, Accuracy 75 (in line with other devourers)
○ Increased Deathspitter w/Slimer Maggots to AP4
○ Increase Fleshborer shots to 3

Bug Fixes
● Fixed Spanish subtitles for barks using Portuguese text
● Fixed the final mission is not being available when using the “Replay Campaign Mission” feature
● Fixed pressing left and right bumpers while in Empowered ability select target mode exiting select target mode
● Fixed numerous issues with incorrect cover in Planetary Supremacy battles
● Fixed missing Necron Elite Units when selecting a faction in Skirmish/Multiplayer battle setup

Download links:
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... .01.29.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... .01.29.zip
TableTop66
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - v1.1.29 Update

Post by TableTop66 »

Why is there always a delay between the announcement of a new patch for this game and the availability of the patch on the slitherine server?. The Steam patch is always available first and then several days later it's available here at Slitherine . Is it not possible to for the developer and publisher to ensure that the patches are ready to be released simultaneously on all platforms along with an announcement? :? .
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

TableTop66 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:47 pm Why is there always a delay between the announcement of a new patch for this game and the availability of the patch on the slitherine server?. The Steam patch is always available first and then several days later it's available here at Slitherine . Is it not possible to for the developer and publisher to ensure that the patches are ready to be released simultaneously on all platforms along with an announcement? :? .
It's a more complex process to make a patch for a stand alone game, than to update the directory in a steam build.

So there is a slight delay, sorry about that.
aggerhome

Post by aggerhome »

Thanks for the update. And thanks for porting this to console, Im soo happy to have some strategic games on console!

I can say that the stablilty on the PS4 has been improved a lot. before i think Planetary Supremacy was crashing around 3 times per battle. And 1 out of five time it loads without environment. Now I can play a whole battle without a crash, but i haven't been able to play 2 battles in one session without a crash or that the environment doesn't load since the latest patch, so it's still very unstable on the ps4. Also a new issue is that the x button suddenly doen't regiser when you have to give your units orders, or even go to the main menu. So you'll have to do a hard reset of the game.

not sure but the gargoyles(flying units) are very very laggy, when you select them - when playing the nids. It brings the game to a complete halt. Not a crash though, but so much that I don't use them
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Planetary Supremacy campaign

Post by bssybeep »

Thanks for adding the Planetary Supremacy campaign. That was the feature that triggered my purchase of Battlesector also the fact you are committed to improving that feature!
bssybeep

Planetary Supremacy campaign

Post by bssybeep »

Thanks for adding the Planetary Supremacy campaign. That was the feature that triggered my purchase of Battlesector also the fact you are committed to improving that feature!
Spacemarine28

Post by Spacemarine28 »

Hey Black Labs! After this update on Xbox series X, the skirmish maps have really bad flickering lighting and some models wont move when moving squads in skirmish battles. They just run in place. Also a few different weapon tool tips wont show anymore.

Thanks!!
Blairj3
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Blairj3 »

Great update, love the new Hw upgrade system. As a note on consoles it is incredibly difficult to move “empowered” units without accidentally activating the “surge” ability. This is inconvenient because it cancels the increased movement and damage when you already have an action point to use. Don’t know if there is a way to make using the surge require two buttons or a confirmation to prevent hitting it accidentally while trying to move.
ioticus

Post by ioticus »

On the Series X I was unable to load any autosaves for the Gates of Kremender scenario. The game would freeze during loading and I would have to close out. Luckily I was able to load the autosave just before the scenario. Don’t know if this occurs during any scenario or if it is random, etc.
ChristopherRedRobbin

Post by ChristopherRedRobbin »

PLEASE FIX YOUZR GAME!, it's almost impossible finishing a game on the xbox series s and x. start a game and it crashes 5 turns in... or how about five turns in and then nothing works including trying to quit! People actually like this game and yet the multiplayer is a crap show. can't find a game and join game it's just sad. My friend just payed good money for this game and so many problems.
S00evil16

Post by S00evil16 »

I think this game has too much data on its maps & overloads the consoles, causing crashes. Ever since the Necrons were added & the new campaign system especially, this game suffers severe slowdown & crashes constantly. If I go to play a campaign match & once it loads up the map for the battle, depending on which map it loads, I immediately back out & pick a different tile to invade because I know I’ll never finish a game on the map it loaded. I recommended this game to all my Warhammer friends & now I look like an asshole because it’s completely unplayable now
bonito

Post by bonito »

On PS4/PS5 the game crashes so often that is for me unplayable now sind the necrons were added. Sometimes it even crashes when loading a save-game.
Are there any fixes on the way? I am not the only only who cannot play ... this is not fun.
(reinstall does not change anything)
EggstaticDB

Post by EggstaticDB »

Same issue here for ps4, it now crashes on every single battle i do wether that be campaign, skirmish, or multiplayer, was super excited to play this game, and I've spent good money on this and i cant even play it , please fix, thank you.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”