Sengoku Jidai - 2022 Team Event

warrior230
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Sengoku Jidai - 2022 Team Event

Post by warrior230 »

What again! ? He'll have to sow it back on again first..... 🙄

Thank you for your efforts Gavin, in organising and running this. It has been great fun, regardless of the result.
Most enjoyable.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

warrior230 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:08 am What again! ? He'll have to sow it back on again first..... 🙄

Thank you for your efforts Gavin, in organising and running this. It has been great fun, regardless of the result.
Most enjoyable.
Cheers Paul...I'll ensure the palace guard sows your head back on as you've been granted a reprieve. The Emperor is pleased we came in second....and we've retained a province or two to torment the local populace. It could have been worse...we could have been looking for home province in Alaska.
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

Southern Rebels 1597- 1683 (PeterThePainter) invaded and defeated Ming Northern Army 1597 - 1683 (Kiwiwarlord)

A fortuitous 71% - 37% victory in the end, when I sent off my last turn (turn 20) the score was 47-37 so the contest was much closer until the end.

Brian decided to hide in a large forest, of which there were many, and wait and see. Not a bad tactic as I was the invader so nothing less than a win would do for me (I am ignoring Gavin's threatened beheading he is a nice guy really). With no option but to attack (but attack what and where exactly?) I approached the trees with trepidation. They say fortune favours the brave (or is that the desperate?) and that turned out to be the case here. Pursuers hit the flank's of enemy units I didn't even know where there and gradually a deficit in rout percentage was turned into an advantage, but time was running out and turn 20 was rapidly approaching so I doubted I would make it to 60% . Brian realising he had somehow offended the Gods of the Dice had no such doubts.

Thanks to Gavin for organising this event and also special thanks to Gavin for suggesting this force match up. Next time I go to the woods I am taking the Southern Rebels with me !
And Thanks to Brian for gracefully being on the receiving end of bad luck, I couldn't see that he did anything wrong, in fact I could see very little of what he did.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

PeterThePainter wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 pm Southern Rebels 1597- 1683 (PeterThePainter) invaded and defeated Ming Northern Army 1597 - 1683 (Kiwiwarlord)
A fortuitous 71% - 37% victory in the end, when I sent off my last turn (turn 20) the score was 47-37 so the contest was much closer until the end.
And Thanks to Brian for gracefully being on the receiving end of bad luck, I couldn't see that he did anything wrong, in fact I could see very little of what he did.
Peter you never mentioned that there were several Generals killed in combats.
There was one situation where 4 units, three of which had Generals leading them, were in a large melee and two Generals were killed, also the Northern Ming CnC was killed during one of the last melees of the battle in the forest !
A fitting end as he lacked the skills of Forest Fighting.

Gavin we are all very keen to know what and where the next outbreak of hostilities will erupt ???

Thanks for thinking up & running this Campaign. You have done a great job and we of the Ming applaud you ! :D
Last edited by KiwiWarlord on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

PeterThePainter wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 pm Southern Rebels 1597- 1683 (PeterThePainter) invaded and defeated Ming Northern Army 1597 - 1683 (Kiwiwarlord)
The Qing emperor has decreed a victory parade with Peter's reinstated head on a pike around the City in celebration of his achievement in uniting the twin Qing provinces. We unexpectedly now have a viable empire to launch a new quest for mainland domination.
Ming in Crisis 22.jpg
Ming in Crisis 22.jpg (471.81 KiB) Viewed 321 times
However, there is already rumours of several clans upset at the Ming presence and are already vying for control of the Nippon homeland since it's fall to the Ming...watch this space!
Who will be Shogun.jpg
Who will be Shogun.jpg (13.59 KiB) Viewed 321 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:32 am Ming Western Mongols Defend against the Invading Qing Bannermen
Western Mongols 1650-1700 15%
Qing Bannermen 1638-1700 43%
Western Mongols hold the Province.

A swirling Cavalry battle of shoot, charge, evade of which the Mongols were a little better at.
Ming in Crisis 23.jpg
Ming in Crisis 23.jpg (471.65 KiB) Viewed 279 times
And so...not only is the Mainland firmly held by the Ming but any further threat posed by the Nippon has been quashed. While the Qing have not been vanquished, they have been left with the daunting prospect of consolidating a new homeland of mainly Ming peasants and institutions. They will not be a threat to the Ming Empire for many years.

However, as previously stated there is already rumours of several clans upset at the Ming presence. They're reading to fight for control of the Nippon homeland...more to come!

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”