Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

CronusMaximus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by CronusMaximus »

jad43 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:06 pm I enjoyed the tournement. If slitherine is looking for new scenarios, review the one's in John Tiller's campaign series. Those are the best collection of ww2 historical scenarios.
I also wanted to say that I did enjoy the tournament and got to learn a new game that overall I feel is fairly good representation of World War II battles. I too had the frustration of someone "playing games" and not showing up and doing his turns and of course the "No Show"... and as I have stated before it is simply poor sportsmanship and the individual that does this should be penalized severely to act as a deterrent and to be fair to the other players trying to play this tournament and the victim should get a fair portion of the points , but not too much to over shadow those that are lucky enough to have an opponent to play with.

To touch on that last post as to what to do if you are losing badly no matter what you may do... finish the game regardless!
On my very 1st game I had not played this game more than a couple of times and really did not fully understand how to play the game properly and very early on lost & was losing my battles... I spent each day hitting that turn button doing nothing because I could do nothing more until we reached the "official" end of the game... so the victor could rightly claim his victory. Yeah it was kind of dumb and wished there was a way that I knew at the time to end the game and give the Victor his just points, but there was not... so I did the dumb thing for well over a week.

I would suggest to the organizers a button or a easy way of dropping out of a battle or surrendering... with a surrender giving the victor a substantial amount of victory points for having "cleaned my clock" so early. I am not aware there was such a button or method of doing this.

Always try to do the right thing without regard to how you personally feel and usually the situation will come out the right way.
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by kissofpain »

Brausebad wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:05 pm In addition to server crashes that reset rounds, normal crashes, poor scoring and really substandard support, you really don't want to get involved anymore.
You ok mate? You've stopped playing... :shock:
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

So what are the rules on no shows? Was looking forward to my last match but looks like Adel77 is not playing.
If I played my first round and he didn't am I getting 200 points? Is the opponent getting anything?
I had two games where players stopped playing mid way and I got nothing so just wanted to check how fucked am I right at the end of the tourney? ;-(
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

tkrysiak wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:22 pm So what are the rules on no shows? Was looking forward to my last match but looks like Adel77 is not playing.
If I played my first round and he didn't am I getting 200 points? Is the opponent getting anything?
I had two games where players stopped playing mid way and I got nothing so just wanted to check how fucked am I right at the end of the tourney? ;-(
2000 points if you start and he doesn't. He gets 0. That is for certain.

If he starts but quits playing and there are less than 1000 points in a game, whoever doesn't play for a length of time (not sure how long that needs to be) it appears to adjust the score so that the active player gets a majority of the 1000 points. Not clear how exactly that works. I know it will reduce the absent player's score in some cases.

Last 72 hours seem to be a special case. If both players are active during that time, no adjustments are made. Perhaps 72 hours is when a player is considered inactive. Not certain.

Given your score and that of those below you, even getting just 2000 points should get you in the top 3. So not that fucked.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

PaganCyC wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:05 pm
tkrysiak wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:22 pm So what are the rules on no shows? Was looking forward to my last match but looks like Adel77 is not playing.
2000 points if you start and he doesn't. He gets 0. That is for certain.

If he starts but quits playing and there are less than 1000 points in a game, whoever doesn't play for a length of time (not sure how long that needs to be) it appears to adjust the score so that the active player gets a majority of the 1000 points. Not clear how exactly that works. I know it will reduce the absent player's score in some cases.

Last 72 hours seem to be a special case. If both players are active during that time, no adjustments are made. Perhaps 72 hours is when a player is considered inactive. Not certain.

Given your score and that of those below you, even getting just 2000 points should get you in the top 3. So not that fucked.
Well "fucked" in terms that it is a last round and I have expected one hell of a fight ;-)
I would prefer a good match over 2000 points but at the same time - I'll take the points if that means not falling 5-10 ranks down due to an unplayed game.
Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't quite sure what the rules were now because early on in the tourney things looked slightly differently.

P.S: Not being a drama queen here just don't want to repeat the scenario from the last tournament. Last game, last round - I mistakenly took the last VC too early in like turn 7/15 and knocked myself off the podium. That one stung a bit... ;-)
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

WC finished… and now?
Time is good for Pacific release?!?
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

Well the WC has finished its been a long and mostly enjoyable tournament . Thanks to all my opponents for some intense , enjoyable games against players the world wide. I have been lucky to have completed all my games except for my last game where my opponent said he had lost interest in the game but allowed me to at least complete the game so I thank him for his communication and sportsmanship.

I checked this forum regularly and noticed many games had " no shows" or players who just stopped playing.

Hopefully there will be another WC so can I suggest that there be the option for players to select a "surrender" button giving the opponent fair points for victory.

Thanks to the tournament organizers and look forward to the next World Championship Cheers all
BRIANJONES17
warrior230
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by warrior230 »

I would also like to echo Brian's comments above, and to also thank the organizers for running the tournament.
A little surprised though that although it's all over as such, there's been as yet no announcement by Matrix on the website regarding results and congratulations to the top players....
I would therefore wish to offer my sincere congratulations to Trepko, (who I had the pleasure of playing in the very first match) and also to tkrysiak and kleko11 respectively for finishing 2nd & 3rd. Very well played indeed to all.

I wonder if, as has been previously talked about, we will now be getting access to the tournament scenarios to play our own private matches?
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

warrior230 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:12 am I would also like to echo Brian's comments above, and to also thank the organizers for running the tournament.
A little surprised though that although it's all over as such, there's been as yet no announcement by Matrix on the website regarding results and congratulations to the top players....
I would therefore wish to offer my sincere congratulations to Trepko, (who I had the pleasure of playing in the very first match) and also to tkrysiak and kleko11 respectively for finishing 2nd & 3rd. Very well played indeed to all.

I wonder if, as has been previously talked about, we will now be getting access to the tournament scenarios to play our own private matches?
I would also like to thank the organizers and all of the players for one year of fun (mixed in with some salty tears)
Each scenario was exciting and I have made some good friends thanks to the tournament so personally, I am looking forward to the next one!
I must say though, I am very disappointed with how the tourney was handled by Slitherine. Overall you have started a year long tourney yet half way through you have lost any interest in providing updates to the community.

At the end we did not even get an official tally, no update, not even an automated email that the tourney is now complete...
If you couldn't be arsed to do such things then maybe let the community organize such events? There would be plenty of people more than interested in dedicating some of their time to provide such service to the community and help it grow in the process.

Please take above as a constructive criticism from someone who cares about the franchise and its community...
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

warrior230 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:12 am I would also like to echo Brian's comments above, and to also thank the organizers for running the tournament.

Thx Paul, it was nice to open the tournament with our match !
Congratulations to all !

Indeed, I hope there will be some kind of communication from the organizers, to address at least these 3 points:
- Debrief of the tournament
- Release of the maps
- What's next ?

Concerning the 3rd point, I could give quite a lot of advice, if they're interested of course.
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

Half of the tournament scenarios are available here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 4-uksSHXzc

Those are completely unofficial, but I believe they are quite accurate. Hopefully the official maps will all be released. Perhaps even adjusted by taking into account the results of all the times they have been played, and weather forecasts fixed where needed.

There is also a Facebook group of people who would likely be interested in playing them again:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682109732942769
jimtracyii

Post by jimtracyii »

So now that I have downloaded the scenario zip files where do I put the files from the zip folder so I can open them in PZC2?
malic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by malic »

Does anybody know when the next tournament is going to begin?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”