Development Update

Scramble: Battle of Britain is a simultaneous turn-based dogfighting game with dynamic flight physics. Shred your enemies in a 3D airspace by planning your flight path, executing spectacular maneuvers, and reviewing each planes’ movements at the end of every turn.
canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Development Update

Post by canuckgamer »

One of the threads indicated a projected release date of the first half of 2022. What is the status of the development of this game? Thank you.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Development Update

Post by manickennel »

The game is coming along really well. There is not much that we are ready to share at the moment, and certainly nothing in terms of a release date. First half of the year does seem a bit optimistic, but we shouldn't be too much later than that - depending on what happens once we're in beta of course.
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Zero updates. Is this still in development? If yes are you at the beta level? After the debacle of Check Your Six I would love to see a decent game on WW2 air combat and the simultaneous resolution of a specific time period like they have in the Combat Mission series would be the icing on the cake as you could play it PBEM.
I am hoping this will be released some time this year but some updates would be great.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

It's still very much in development, but we're at a stage where we are still prototyping systems, trying things, chucking things away... there's not much really to report at the moment. We'll break radio silence when we have something meaningful to say, but it'll be a few months.

We have big hopes and big plans for Scramble, which is why we're spending this time now making sure we're getting the game right.
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jonesy1760 »

I would like to be considered as a playtester for SCRAMBLE...how do I get in the line-up??
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

We're a way away from beta at the moment, you can be assured we'll make plenty of noise once signups are open. News will be announced here, social media, email newsletter, all the usual places.
Jonesy1760

Post by Jonesy1760 »

OK thanks...love that a warbird game is in development.... :D :D
xj900uk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by xj900uk »

Hope this game survives and is developed better than 'Check Your 6', which seems to hav esunk without trace...
zircher

Post by zircher »

Looking forward to this title, please keep us posted.
stumneale
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by stumneale »

Hi, any news?
Best wishes,

General Stuart
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

Hey,

Someone was asking this over at Steam recently as well, so please forgive the cut and paste from that post if you've already seen it:
manickennel on Steam wrote:... the game wasn't shaping up as we had hoped and we had to go back to the drawing board. Whilst we feel we've got the core gameplay playing pretty well now, we are working on a number of other things to make the overall experience better. Once we're happy with those too, then we'll be ready to tell the world. I doubt that we'll be ready to reveal anything publicly before late spring '23, and who knows, it may be later than that.

We have big hopes and big plans for Scramble, so we want to be sure that we get it right. That takes time. But imho, it's shaping up very well :)
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

I am following the development of this game with great interest.
Good luck for the next steps.
Looking forward to good news.
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Hoping the development of the game goes well. Keep it up :)
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

Bonjour Athos,

Game development is going really well and we are looking forward to being able to share more with you, but we are not quite ready to do so yet. Hopefully not much longer until we can.

Marco did speak briefly about Scramble in a recent Tea Time stream, so this is about as much as I can share... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1766820427?t=00h34m34s
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

manickennel wrote: Bonjour Athos,

Game development is going really well and we are looking forward to being able to share more with you, but we are not quite ready to do so yet. Hopefully not much longer until we can.

Marco did speak briefly about Scramble in a recent Tea Time stream, so this is about as much as I can share... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1766820427?t=00h34m34s
Thank you very much for sharing those really good news ! :D
klzlueylx

Post by klzlueylx »

Whats the excuses for such delaying? I doubt if this game is really being developed. :(
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

There's a lot happening behind the scenes. We are not far from being able to talk about the game, but it is going to be a little while longer. As soon as we are ready to share anything, you will know about it here first.
djkay6

Post by djkay6 »

Any updates since may this game has been on my wishlist along 2-3 others from your website for last couple of years and still no hint of a beta or in game videos to showcase ?
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

I have been monitoring this project for two years as well. Back in 2021 there was a projected release of mid 2022. Given that nothing substantial has ever been announced I am of the opinion that this game will never see the light of day which is unfortunate because it would have offered something new.
U235
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by U235 »

manickennel wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:53 pm There's a lot happening behind the scenes. We are not far from being able to talk about the game, but it is going to be a little while longer. As soon as we are ready to share anything, you will know about it here first.
Define 'Not far"? Shades of 'Check Your 6'.

Return to “Scramble: Battle of Britain”