Sertorian bug in multiplayer

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Sertorian bug in multiplayer

Post by julianbarker »

If you create a multiplayer game with the Spanish (Sertorius) army it incorrectly appears as Spanish (Lusitanian) in the Challenge list, but correctly appears as Spanish (Sertorius) once the challenge is accepted. This is 100% reproducible on more than one machine and by more than one account.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Sertorian bug in multiplayer

Post by rbodleyscott »

julianbarker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:36 pm If you create a multiplayer game with the Spanish (Sertorius) army it incorrectly appears as Spanish (Lusitanian) in the Challenge list, but correctly appears as Spanish (Sertorius) once the challenge is accepted. This is 100% reproducible on more than one machine and by more than one account.
Not sure what you mean. Here is a screenshot of the Challenge list:

It correctly shows "Spanish (Sertorius) 80-70 BC"

It says "Side A (Lusitanian).." because Sertorius's army was Lusitanian.

If you are seeing something different, please could you post a screenshot.

Sertorius.jpg
Sertorius.jpg (237.14 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Richard Bodley Scott

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

It is that there is a separate list which overlaps the period called Lusitanian which for people who do not know that Sertorius's army is full of units labelled as Lusitanians is confusing and made my opponent think the game was using the wrong army list. I have read several biographies, and many political and military histories of the period and never seen Sertorius's armies described as Lusitanian although it is clear the army was largely Spanish. Presumably if I set up a Sertorian v Lusitanian game that screen labels both as Lusitanian?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

His army (at least initially) was mostly Lusitanian. When he was in exile in Tingis, the Lusitani invited him to come and lead them. That is how the Sertorian War started.
Presumably if I set up a Sertorian v Lusitanian game that screen labels both as Lusitanian?

Only at the bottom, where it lists the opposing sides' allies, not at the top where it names the army lists. And yes, the same will happen in any matchup where the opposing sides have the same nationality but different lists.

Ayway, it is working as designed.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”