Should you buy this game?

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
DTX111
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Should you buy this game?

Post by DTX111 »

When I'm making a decision on buying a game, I often look at the comments to get insights on whether the game is fun or frustrating. My view is that this game is fun.

I normally don't like real-time-strategy games, but I liked the movie and thought I'd try the game. I'm glad I did.

As an RTS, I like it because:
1. You can save at any moment & recover from any mistakes (it also has an autosave in case you forget).
2. It has cheat codes in case you don't want to reload.
3. The game has 5 different difficulty levels and the easiest is a good way to start (I can remember a fire fighting game years ago that seemed good, but its basic level was too tough. I never got past the 3rd fire because its programmers failed to realize most users had zero experience with fire fighting games). In contrast, the difficulty levels for Starship trooper seem on-target.

If you want other perspectives on the game, click thru to the cheat codes. On the page where the cheat codes are posted, various people note how the cheat codes add to the game (you can see they like the game).
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Should you buy this game?

Post by Bee1976 »

I enjoyed STTC aswell. And i would suggest buying. It was fun for me.

But i got some issues:
1. My english is ok, but playing rts with story during the battle is hard to understand for me, so i need to read the translated dialogue boxes. But they disappear really fast and they are kinda distraction sometimes. so i missed some parts of the story

2. auto unit movement and pathfinding is kinda strange sometimes. if you try to auto move 2 units they sometimes form a ball uf soldiers and wont fire back in this ball when bugs attack

but as mentioned, i enjoyed ST, i would recommend everyone to test it out. the price is way to low for the game you get. and yes im not kidding. if i had payed 40 buck for it i wouldn't have regretted buying it, its a real fun game!

i wait for the dlcs :)

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”