We are pleased to announce another Field of Glory 2 public tournament. This will be played using the normal Field of Glory 2 Multiplayer system and our automated tournament system.
Anyone who has Field of Glory II can enter. You do not need to own any DLCs to enter.
To enter, go to the tournament page here:
Umayyad Caliphate Tournament
The general tournament rules can be found here:
The first round will commence on Thursday 6th October 2022 at 10.00 am GMT. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.
Specific tournament rules:
This tournament will involve four rounds. Each round will last 14 days. The battles will be Medium-sized custom battles:
- Spain 711 AD: Arab (Umayyad) 685-750 AD vs Visigothic 622-717 AD. Open Battle. Mediterranean Agricultural.
- France 732 AD: Arab (Umayyad) 685-750 AD vs Frankish 600-750 AD. Open Battle. North European Agricultural.
- India 739 AD: Arab (Umayyad) 685-750 AD vs Indian (Rajput) 650-1049 AD. Open Battle. Tropical.
- West Central Anatolia 740 AD: Arab (Umayyad) 685-750 AD vs Byzantine 740-903 AD. Open Battle. Mediterranean Agricultural.
First round pairings will be selected randomly, subsequent rounds using the Swiss Chess system. Nobody will play the same opponent in more than one round.
The scoring system is as follows:
- If a game runs to the turn limit, each side scores points equal to the enemy % routed at the turn limit. If the game times out, adjustments may be made, depending on how far the game has progressed and who took longer over their turns – see below.
- If one army breaks, the victorious player scores 60 points plus the difference between the enemy % routed and his own % routed. The loser scores points equal to the winner's % routed.
- If Ben defeats Tamas's army, and has inflicted 45% routed on Tamas, and Tamas has inflicted 15% on Ben, Ben will score 60 + (45 – 15) = 90, Tamas will score 15.
- However, if Ben defeated Tamas’s army by inflicting 62% routed on Tamas, and Tamas had inflicted 56% routed on Ben, Ben would get 60 + (62 – 56) = 66 points, and Tamas would get 56.
- If the game is unfinished (or it reached the turn limit) with Ben inflicting 20% routed on Tamas, and Tamas inflicting 10% routed on Ben, Ben would score 20, and Tamas would score 10. (Provided that between them they have played at least 36 turns in all – see below).
Note that this system rewards aggressive play over desultory skirmishing. If you rout an enemy unit then hide for the rest of the game, both players will get extremely low scores - lower than if they played hard and lost.
If an odd number of players sign up for the tournament, one player will get a bye in each round. In the first round this is random. In subsequent rounds it will be the player with the lowest score. The score for a BYE is 75 points for each game.
Round times and timing out:
Each round will last 14 days.
Any battles that are not completed by the end of the round will be timed out. The player who has had the game in his “My Turns” box the longest overall will be the one who is deemed to be timed out. This will not normally incur any penalties, unless insufficient turns have been played: If the timed-out player has played less than 18 turns, his score will be reduced proportionately, and his opponent will be granted (100 - the timed out player's adjusted score) if this value exceeds his current score. (This means he will get the full BYE score unless the timed out player's adjusted score is more than 25).
If the timed-out player has played less than 6 turns, he will not be included in the draw for the next round. This is to prevent someone else’s enjoyment being spoiled by being drawn against someone who has apparently dropped out of the tournament.