Starship troopers freezes "loading"

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
DTX111
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Starship troopers freezes "loading"

Post by DTX111 »

I have countless Matrix/Slitherine games and all run without problems. However, both the 1.07 & 1.08 versions of this game freeze when trying to start the game (the game menu opens). I'm using Windows 10/16 Gb of ram/Intel Core i7 (i.e., the computer meets the recommended criteria).

I left it loading for 30 minutes and it did nothing. How can you make this game run? (or doesn't run on some computers?)
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Starship troopers freezes "loading"

Post by Edmon »

Hey,

Try changing your Nivida 3D settings to application managed and running the game as an admin.

If that doesn't work or your card isn't Nivida let me know what it is and we'll try and work out the issue.
DTX111

Re: Starship troopers freezes "loading"

Post by DTX111 »

Running the game as administrator worked. For those struggling with this, you need to change the properties of the shortcut so it runs the game as an administrator.
JohnRN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Starship troopers freezes at end of 2nd scenario

Post by JohnRN »

Enjoying this game almost daily since it's purchase but have noticed a few changes out of the blue. In tutorial missions now, suddenly there will be a matching/appropriate icon flashing on the right of the screen, if I would like to know more. Game now only plays through to 2nd tutorial-type mission and freezes, not even allowing me to quit. I run the game through STEAM and I've tried verifying all files, uninstalling/reinstalling, powering system down and up again but still the same. When I look at the properties of the icon, the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option is not given. Truly love the game but not very PC/technically-skilled. I would greatly appreciate any/all help you could provide in getting your wonderful game up and running again as, I WANT to CONTINUE...DOING MY PART! :lol: I've sent a few feedback message in the last 4-5 days. Cheers!
JohnRN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Starship troopers freezes "loading": SOLVED!

Post by JohnRN »

In a round-a-bout way, I saw an option for a SFC scan/System File Check scan that locates damaged/incomplete files in my system. It fixed the game files and I'm back in the fight! I have no idea how the files were damaged as I'd been playing this game for quite some time and then all of a sudden? Not! So, now, I guess before I bother SUPPORT or the FORUM, I'll try to run a SFC scan to see if I can fix it on my own. Thanks to all the Troopers who responded to my distress call!
JohnRN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Starship troopers freezes "loading": SOLVED!

Post by JohnRN »

In a round-a-bout way, I saw an option for a SFC scan/System File Check scan that locates damaged/incomplete files in my system. It fixed the game files and I'm back in the fight! I have no idea how the files were damaged as I'd been playing this game for quite some time and then all of a sudden? Not! So, now, I guess before I bother SUPPORT or the FORUM, I'll try to run a SFC scan to see if I can fix it on my own. Thanks to all the Troopers who responded to my distress call!

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”