Panzer Corps 2: Axis Operations - 1944 is coming soon

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

saraviga
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2: Axis Operations - 1944 is coming soon

Post by saraviga »

German forces are stretched to their limits and the war on the Eastern Front has reached a fever pitch…

Play two full campaigns

The Axis Operations - 1944 DLC Campaign is the first DLC that offers two entire campaigns that are completely separate and independent from one another.

In the historical campaign, prepare to face the brutal realities of the decline of the German Wehrmacht as it struggles to survive the Allied onslaught battering it from all directions.

In the ahistorical campaign, continue your success that has secured the Caucasus region for Germany as you defend your extensive conquests from familiar and totally new challenges.

To properly explore the historical battles and ahistorical events in the 1944 DLC, Axis Operations 1944 has grown to provide the largest amount of content a DLC has yet to have.

The vast 20 scenarios count offers the best glimpse at exploring the historical realities of devastating battles fought on the Eastern Front during 1944, especially during Operation Bagration.

The ahistorical campaign is a fully fleshed out and realized campaign with well-researched potential successes, and setbacks, the mighty German Wehrmacht may have faced even after it emerged as the victor from the Battle of Kursk.

New features:
- Two playable campaigns
- New 20 huge scenarios
- A new set of objectives, classified as Elite Objective
- Import your core forces which completed the previous Axis Operations - 1943 East campaign
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel returns!
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Axis Operations - 1944 is coming soon

Post by Brenmusik »

That's a first post to be proud of :)
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Ah Oh Uh - the new DLC AO44 is coming soon...

Did you see the pictures and the scenario list?

Case Orange
Operation Corridor
Operation Tusk
Operation Stormbird
Riga1944
Herrlingen
Lvov 1944
Operation Panzerschreck
Kolozsvar
Battle of Ploesti
Shanderovka
Lysyanka
Operation Margarethe
Targu Frumos
Cernauti
Minsk Offensive
Lublin
Warsaw Rising
Operation Panzerfaust
Battle of Carei

From a screenshot it seems that the ahistorical path leads us to Persia between Tabriz and the Caspian Sea.

And the historical leads us to: Minsk, Romania/Hungary and the Warsaw Uprising. So far so good on the Eastern Front. But Caen and Normandy? No good.
That means we are switching our units to the Western Front. So we missed completely the allied landings in Italy;-(

Interesting that there is mention of Rommel in the screenshots of Herrlingen. It seems that his forced suicide after Stauffenbergs assassination attempt on Adolf H. is historically correct depicted.

What will this mean for our Oberst Wagner?

And everything in 20 Scenarios - seems now a little bit shallow in my opinion.

I`ll buy it anyway - but I would have liked 2 DLCs better. One historical and one ahistorical.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

wecker wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:05 pm But Caen and Normandy? No good.
That means we are switching our units to the Western Front. So we missed completely the allied landings in Italy;-(
It looks like something air only, this seem fair. I guess the rest is left for a potential Eastern DLC path.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

I am glad for any release for PC2...the western front will happen in due time!!!
Ryba666
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ryba666 »

Great news that we will have AO 1944 and at least one more AO. :) But this DLC will be shortest from all AOs.
SCW: 14 missions
AO 1939: 13 missions
AO 1940: 17 missions
AO 1941 :17 missions
AO 1942: 14 missions
AO 1943: 12 missions historical or 12 missions ahistorical
AO 1944: 10 missions historical or 10 missions ahistorical

So please, do 30 missions for 1944 year which was ver rich with interesting battles :). And for release, repair bugs so we dont name this DLC Bugix Operations 1944. XD
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Ryba666 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 am So please, do 30 missions for 1944 year which was ver rich with interesting battles :).
Actually looking at the sheer number of scenarios, this DLC has the most so far tied with 1941.

AO SCW: 17 scenarios
AO 1939: 15 scenarios
AO 1940: 19 scenarios
AO 1941: 20 scenarios
AO 1942: 17 scenarios
AO 1943: 17 scenarios
AO 1944: 20 scenarios

That said, 1941 had a training missions and also a lot of optional or branching paths. In terms of straightforward calculation, while a singe run of the campaign can maybe feel short, there's so much replay value to the DLC, that it's on par with earlier ones. While I would perhaps like to add 2-3 missions for each path to really feel the epic scale, this would mean increasing the development time even more. The only way around it would be to separate the historical and fictional DLC into two separate ones, but I have feeling it would not be good for sales. There's an optimal balance of costs, time and scope, that has to be struck with some sacrifices being made on one field in favor of others - trying to do all at once is magical land where unicorns live. :wink:
Ryba666 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 am And for release, repair bugs so we dont name this DLC Bugix Operations 1944. XD
I'm optimistic regarding this, since most bugs so far were either regarding new features added that flew under the radar, or updates to Unreal Engine. So as long as there's no revolution to mechanics and the engine is not updated at the same time we should be fine for the most part.
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

I just finished the ´44 ahistorical and historical lines with my existing core army and found the ahistorical line quite OK. However, after finishing the historical scenarios (which I waited much more than the ahistorical) I felt that the most of the famous battles have been left out and the "endgame" is pretty easy fight against Hungarians and Romanians without the fighting with the Russians. I would have much preferred the devastating defensive/retreating scenarios (e.g. the one at Minsk) instead of the easy "walking through" like the last few scenarios. Furthermore, I miss very much the real large scale scenarios in the DLC (for the historical line).

For me the DLC 1943 fulfilled the expectations, but I have a sense of absence after finishing 1944.

I will stay as enthuastic PzC 2 player, just wanted to share my feelings this is the first DLC which a little bit disappoints me.

Return to “News & Announcements”