3.1 Death Rolls & Cohesion Tests

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

berthier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

3.1 Death Rolls & Cohesion Tests

Post by berthier »

On page 91 of the rules, it states that if a BG must take a cohesion test and a death roll, the CT is always resolved before the effect of the death roll.

On page 135, in the full turn sequence, it says under section 3) Shooting, 1st line - Resolve all shooting - both sides shoot. Resolve post-shooting CTs, then death roles.

Later in the full turn sequence under 4) Melee, 2nd line it says - For each BG in turn, roll to inflict commander loses, then death rolls, then resolve post-combat CTs ...

The first two seems to be the wording from V1 & V2. The 3rd is from the V3 sequence.

Are we going back to the V1/V2 sequence or is the V3 still the correct sequence?
Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Re: 3.1 Death Rolls & Cohesion Tests

Post by terrys »

In V3.1 the Death Roll is always taken before tests.
Although the "1 Hit per 2 bases" is calculated using the 'start of phase' number of bases.
i.e. If you start the phase with 7 bases, then take 3 hits, then roll a Death Roll of a 1, it will still not count as "1 hit per 2 bases"

I don't have my copy of the V3 rules with me at present, but it looks like there are a couple of discrepancies in V3.1
PG 91 SHOULD READ something ike:
If a battle group must take a cohesion test as well as a death roll, the Death Roll is always resolved before
the effect of the Cohesion Test. (This means that you can roll the dice together, with the Death Roll contributing to the 25% base losses, but not to the "1 base per 2" for the Cohesion Test result).

It looks like section 3 of the turn sequence is also incorrect.

I will publish replacements for these pages at the end of October.
berthier

Re: 3.1 Death Rolls & Cohesion Tests

Post by berthier »

Thanks for the clarification.
Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com

Return to “Rules Questions”