Building the Pella

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

NinjaBushido
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Building the Pella

Post by NinjaBushido »

Hello all, I have once again returned for another question.

I am in a mutliplayer game as macedonia, and am trying to build the Pella. We are playing the 310 BCE grand campaign. My assumption is that it should be available to build in the macedonia region.
The situation is that not only is it not an option, the Pella is not even in the "possible other structures" list.
I have 6 culture buildings, so getting lv 2 should not be an issue. I looked at the files, and it did not help too much. I have two theories:
A: I need to be a lv3 government to build it, currently i am only a glorious monarchy. Looking at the files this seems unlikely, since both AllowedState and AllowedEmpire are both 1.
B: Alternatively, since it it a defensive building, is it mutually exclusive with having another fortress in the city? I have built a coastal fortress in macedonia, could that be blocking it?

Otherwise, I have no idea. I have access to it in a singleplayer game, so I dont know what the issue could be.

Thanks a lot.

Ninja
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Building the Pella

Post by Pocus »

Pella is a wonder only available in the 550 campaign...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
NinjaBushido

Post by NinjaBushido »

Are you sure? I am 95% sure I have built it in the later campaign. If the attaching of the image ended up working, you can see that the Pella is at least an available structure. The save is maybe half a year to a year old, its the only one I had in single player. Did any changes happen since then? I did not own the DLC at the time, so I am convinced its the later campaign. Image
Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Swuul »

I would say chances are pretty high Pocus is quite sure about the game he himself made :)

The tooltips showing the Pella isn't sadly the only tooltip bug in the game, but those are so minor I for haven't been arsed to even report them.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Well, I'm not citing from memory but by checking the files. Pella is structure #409, only added for the DLC. It is listed as a valid structure for Macedonia, but for the DLC only. It is not present in "Macedonia for GC 310"

So if you somehow see it listed in the main campaign, I would be surprised (and interested in getting your saved game to understand how that's possible!)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
NinjaBushido

Post by NinjaBushido »

I understand, I did not wish to come across as rude. I was just surprised, because in attachement, I send you a save of the main campaign, where the pella is not only in the possible list, but is actually currently under construction.
The save is quite old, from when I first got into the game. Perhaps that could be an explanation?
I hope the attachement works, and thanks for answering my question :)

Edit: For some reason its not letting me attach the file. You can find it at this link: https://file.io/0xp5YEqOgJuK
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I'm unsure I can read an old saved game, unless I install an old version, but I'll grab the file I see, thanks.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”