Modern integrated graphics how's the performance?

Moderator: rbodleyscott

raceto100
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Modern integrated graphics how's the performance?

Post by raceto100 »

Hi,

Looking at getting a new business laptop and there are several models in the running that only have iGPU' s and no dedicated graphics. Anyone using any of the following successfully (high settings) with FOGII or FOGII Medieval?

AMD VEGA 7 , 8 or 10
Intel Iris XE
Intel UHD 630

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modern integrated graphics how's the performance?

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It's going to depend upon your screen resolution, but at 1080p any of those are going to struggle. They are all low end parts. E.g. their benchmarks run between about 1300-2700. A 1050 Ti (which is a card from 2016) has a benchmark of 6300. A modern discrete card has a benchmark from 14K to 25K.

If you want to play games (at high settings), you are going to need a discrete part.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
raceto100

Post by raceto100 »

Thanks for the response. I'll look for something with a dedicated graphics chip then.

Cheers
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

I don't know about benchmarks but I have a base Microsoft Surface 4 laptop and it runs the game well.
raceto100

Post by raceto100 »

Ended up buying a new laptop with an RTX 3050 graphics card, and the game runs buttery smooth with it. However it still runs extremely well with the integrated Intel Iris XE 80 CU on the i5-11300 CPU my laptop came with. Good enough that I almost can't tell the difference unless I hold the right mouse button and spin the tabletop, then the integrated graphics is not quite as smooth.

So in my opinion if someone has an Intel Iris XE or AMD Vega based integrated graphics and they want to play FOGII or FOGII Medieval they are good to go.

Cheers
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

raceto100 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:50 am Ended up buying a new laptop with an RTX 3050 graphics card, and the game runs buttery smooth with it. However it still runs extremely well with the integrated Intel Iris XE 80 CU on the i5-11300 CPU my laptop came with. Good enough that I almost can't tell the difference unless I hold the right mouse button and spin the tabletop, then the integrated graphics is not quite as smooth.

So in my opinion if someone has an Intel Iris XE or AMD Vega based integrated graphics and they want to play FOGII or FOGII Medieval they are good to go.

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval Tech Support”