view S4F files with Archon Tool?

Ubai
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

view S4F files with Archon Tool?

Post by Ubai »

Hello,

After some searching I found the Archon Tool (047), which lets you open S4F files. When I try it I get a blank screen. I don't see the model, but I do see information on the right showing its animations and texture files and so forth. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not meant to display the model? Is there any documentation for this tool?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lyLHzy ... share_link
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: view S4F files with Archon Tool?

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You need to either run the tool from the game install folder, or edit the config file to point to the folder with the shaders in it. See here:

https://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index ... mport_Tool

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Ubai

Post by Ubai »

Thanks! I found that about an hour after posting. Another question, if I may. I saw this in the latest additions on the wiki:

"Mods can now override S4F and their animation files for units. They can also override scripts for AI, unit, HELPERS, and CORE BSF files. NOTE: to package global mods, you need a ModsPackage named button on the mod UI panel."

Does this mean we can make new units and them to a custom campaign? I saw the people have added new units to FoG, so I wondered if it was possible here in SR.

Thanks!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

SR has its units packaged up for licensing reasons, and the game can't load additional units. You can add objects etc, but not unit models.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Ubai

Post by Ubai »

Oh, that's a pity. I think a lot more people would buy SR if it had more robust modding. :/

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”