Panzer Corps 2: Pacific - Game Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Pacific - Game Update

Post by rivvendarke »

Thunderhog wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:24 am
Edmon wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm
rivvendarke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:07 am I tried to get some Info from Edmon over at steam but so far that didnt work. Here is my theory based on the little information we have.
I'm here too :).

At the end of the day, I feel like the fact that the game is still being promised and isn't cancelled is the main take away from this announcement.

Sometimes developers need more time, sometimes they need a lot more time.

It's unfortunate and it means we have to wait for a game many of us (including me) really, really want.

But at least we're still going to get it, it seems.

For me, that's the main thing.
So it's going to be a separate game and not a DLC?
Its a DLC, just look at it at the steam page. Its clearly labeled as DLC and also says the main game is needed for playing.
To be precise, there will be 2 DLC, one covering 41-43 and one covering the rest.

Quote from steam:
The new Pacific campaign represents many famous (and some not so famous) battles which took place between 1941 and 1943. As our players have come to expect, after finishing this campaign, it will be possible to save your core units and bring them to the next part of the series. The full list of scenarios included in this DLC is as follows:
• Wake Island
• Philippines '41
• Bataan
• Raids
• Lae-Salamaua
• Coral Sea
• Midway
• New Guinea
• Guadalcanal
• Naval Guadalcanal
• New Georgia
• Bougainville
• Rabaul
• Tarawa

Personally I would be totally fine if they just release all the unit models so that our great modders can take care of the rest.
Wagner0445
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Wagner0445 »

rivvendarke wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:33 am Who is toxic? That was just a bit of sarcasm and they really deserve that after zero communication for almost 1,5 years now.
Pacific is NOT a standalone game, its supposed to be a 2-part DLC with the first covering 1941-43 and the second covering the rest. So they have the engine and as you can see in the screenshots they already had many if not all of the 3d models 16 months ago.
So all they need to do is the maps/campaign framework. Modders or the Axis Operation DLC-team can do this easily in 2-3 months. So something very odd is going on here and imho their paying longtime custumers should be entitled to a little bit of info.
The naval rework will take time. They have to invent something fitting and then go back and test it with all the other Campaigns already released. I believe they want to prevent a second Paratrooper situation where the new mechanic damages the Fun of the already existing content.
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Thunderhog »

rivvendarke wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:45 am
Thunderhog wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:24 am
Edmon wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm

I'm here too :).

At the end of the day, I feel like the fact that the game is still being promised and isn't cancelled is the main take away from this announcement.

Sometimes developers need more time, sometimes they need a lot more time.

It's unfortunate and it means we have to wait for a game many of us (including me) really, really want.

But at least we're still going to get it, it seems.

For me, that's the main thing.
So it's going to be a separate game and not a DLC?
Its a DLC, just look at it at the steam page. Its clearly labeled as DLC and also says the main game is needed for playing.
To be precise, there will be 2 DLC, one covering 41-43 and one covering the rest.

Quote from steam:
The new Pacific campaign represents many famous (and some not so famous) battles which took place between 1941 and 1943. As our players have come to expect, after finishing this campaign, it will be possible to save your core units and bring them to the next part of the series. The full list of scenarios included in this DLC is as follows:
• Wake Island
• Philippines '41
• Bataan
• Raids
• Lae-Salamaua
• Coral Sea
• Midway
• New Guinea
• Guadalcanal
• Naval Guadalcanal
• New Georgia
• Bougainville
• Rabaul
• Tarawa

Personally I would be totally fine if they just release all the unit models so that our great modders can take care of the rest.
Ok I was confused because he called it a game instead of a DLC. I do hope that if 1945 East comes first, they'll throw in some Japanese or American Pacific equipment to play with before the Pacific DLC comes. Maybe some zero fighters, Ki-84's, or some Hellcats.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

I am sure you all will do it justice....no rush here!
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

I believe Pacific will be 3-4 DLCs. US42-43, US 44-45, Jp?-?.
Two Japan based campaigns would make it Four DLCs. Three would make it 5 DLCs.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:54 pm I believe Pacific will be 3-4 DLCs. US42-43, US 44-45, Jp?-?.
Two Japan based campaigns would make it Four DLCs. Three would make it 5 DLCs.
Hmmm...How do you figure 3-4 DLCs? '44 and '45 are separate DLCs? A fourth being no atomic bomb and the Allies invade Japan? That would certainly be ahistorical and interesting!

Playing as Japan could be easily expanded as they could start it in China in the late '30s. It needn't begin at Peal Harbor. It could be developed (like SCW) as entire DLC before December of 1941.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”