Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

rafdobrowolski
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by rafdobrowolski »

Is the Operation Typhoon download link broken? I click on it in the OP, and it says it has been deleted...
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

rafdobrowolski wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:57 am Is the Operation Typhoon download link broken? I click on it in the OP, and it says it has been deleted...
Fixed.
Thanks for reporting.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Acer6920 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:21 pm Hey Erik,

looks like the pic is missing 1st mission when the new units overvies is showing.
I have replaced the unit graphic with a similar air unit graphic.
Since this is a cosmetic issue I'm holding back an update of the NavalMod until any future game issues are reported and fixed.

Thanks
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

Thank you for Market Garden Campaign and the Irish Guards :D.
Reminds me to finish my Guards from Flames of War :lol:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Your welcome.
Are you Irish?
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

german with a bit of love for Operation Market Garden :mrgreen:

i'm not able to find my mistake..
taking the both points in round 12 or 13 and after this battle for the bridge till the end of the scenario :mrgreen:
bridge_blocked.jpg
bridge_blocked.jpg (540.48 KiB) Viewed 668 times
it takes 4-6 rounds to bring all units over the small channel and then some rounds to clear the enemy units around but after this i'm not able to cross the bridge :evil:
Michkov
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Michkov »

I'm playing the Market Garden campaign and am up to Nijmegen. I've just captured the three initial objectives in the town. Next up are the bridges, problem is the New Objective pop up keeps popping up no matter how often I close them. Which initially just happened when I finished a units movement, but after the AI turn it just keeps pausing up non stop. Meaning I can't play on. I've attached my last two saves if that is off any use.
Attachments
Market Garden Nijmegen pop up.rar
(216.76 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Acer6920

In my playtest I got all my armor along with a couple of the infantry units across the bridge .
You need to move these units at high speed to prevent the Germans from establising a firm defense behind the bridge.
I kept one infantry unit and the support units on the south side to defend the objective against the German attack from hte south.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Michkov

This was an odd one. Never saw the issue in my play-test.
I have fixed it and will publish an updated M-G in the next post.
Unfortunately, you need to restart the Nijmegen scenario.
If you want to skip it, open the console (Ctrl c) and enter #igotnukes
Erik2

Operation Market Garden 1944 1.0

Post by Erik2 »

Operation Market Garden 1944 1.0
Link updated in first post.

Reduced AI agression levels from 75 to default 50 for all scenarios. Thanks to Horst for testing levels and consequences.

06Nijmegen:
Fixed message loop.
Erik2

SquadMod 1.7

Post by Erik2 »

SquadMod 1.7
Link updated in first post.

Reduced range for MMG/HMG units from 2 to 1.
Reduced AI agression levels from 75-90 to default 50 for all scenarios.

Added new campaign; Semper Fidelis 1943-44
Scenarios:
Viru
Bairoko
Munda
Betio-1
Betio-2
Bougainville
Saipan-1
Saipan-2
Guam-1
Guam-2
Tinian
Peleliu-1
Peleliu-2
Peleliu-3
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

Thank you for the advice Erik but i have no chance as soon as i reach the zinc factory i get in close combat with KG Hoffman and this boys won't give up the fight :lol: .
Reach the zinc factory in round 5 and from 6-7 i fight with KG Hoffman and in round 8 the FJ from the north block the bridge. in round 9 KG Grasmel is attacking from the south and this is my end of game. i try different options to advance but this 1st scenario seems to be my nemesis :mrgreen:
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

Erik2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:11 am Michkov

This was an odd one. Never saw the issue in my play-test.
I have fixed it and will publish an updated M-G in the next post.
Unfortunately, you need to restart the Nijmegen scenario.
If you want to skip it, open the console (Ctrl c) and enter #igotnukes
I've kept v0.9 for now since there is only one scenario after Nijmegen. Skipped to Arnhem via the cheatcode, that seemed to have resolved the issue.

In other news, I've run into the treated black screen bug with Squadmod. It occured first with v1.6, couldn't resolve it then, figured I wait till the next version. I tried to get v1.7 to run yesterday and today, still no dice. Trawling the forum, I found the delete the Settings folder advice. Did that for the mod, for the base game, nothing. Tried Naval and Micro mods also black screen after the initial mod selection window pops up. Korean War Mod and base game work fine, so I thought I could copy over the contents of the settings folder to the mods, same outcome. Repeated everything with no AV, still nothing but black.

From what I can tell the mods don't or can't create a settings folder or files therein. Not sure why that is. For the record I'm on Win10. Had the Squadmod working already, never tried the Naval mod before today. I think either some update broke the way the mods create the settings files, if you havn't changed anything in the mods.
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

Semper Fidelis 43-44 i can't set the Marines from the Force sidebar and when i start the 1st Mission i can't move the units.
i remove the mod and copy&paste it again but still not able to use the Marines or to play the first Mission.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I removed the SquadMod from the Mods folder, removed the Settings folder, restarted my PC and put the Squadmod back.
The SquadMod opens with the default game options. Everything works fine (this is on the Slitherine version, not Steam).
It looks like the game simply copies the default Settings folder with the options file to the SquadMod folder.
In earlier versions of OOB the mod would have its own settings.

Anyway, I can't reproduce any issues with the SquadMod itself or the scenarios in the campaigns.
Sorry guys.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Acer6920 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:58 am Thank you for the advice Erik but i have no chance as soon as i reach the zinc factory i get in close combat with KG Hoffman and this boys won't give up the fight :lol: .
Reach the zinc factory in round 5 and from 6-7 i fight with KG Hoffman and in round 8 the FJ from the north block the bridge. in round 9 KG Grasmel is attacking from the south and this is my end of game. i try different options to advance but this 1st scenario seems to be my nemesis :mrgreen:
I replayed the the opening 'Joe's Bridge' scenario and actually managed to lose it on the very last turn :D
If I remember correctly I changed the AI tasks a bit in addition the setting the AI aggro level to default 50.
This was done after my campaign playtest and the Germans are now more aggressive when establishing their defense at the bridge.
I may increase the number of turns from 24 to 30 (giving me the extra time needed to get the Colonial objective back :wink: )
loss.jpg
loss.jpg (164.62 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

I'll try a remove and restart as described. But I'm on the steam version, so that may be the issue.
Acer6920 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:00 am Semper Fidelis 43-44 i can't set the Marines from the Force sidebar and when i start the 1st Mission i can't move the units.
i remove the mod and copy&paste it again but still not able to use the Marines or to play the first Mission.
I got a similar one in the US Normandy campaign. It's the Falaise escape mission. The mission loads fine when coming directly from the previous one, but at deployment I cant put units down, nor can I end the deployment phase. Trying to load the mission from the campaign save, wont even get me to the deployment phase, since I never get a continue button to move on from the load screen.
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:16 am I removed the SquadMod from the Mods folder, removed the Settings folder, restarted my PC and put the Squadmod back.
The SquadMod opens with the default game options. Everything works fine (this is on the Slitherine version, not Steam).
It looks like the game simply copies the default Settings folder with the options file to the SquadMod folder.
In earlier versions of OOB the mod would have its own settings.

Anyway, I can't reproduce any issues with the SquadMod itself or the scenarios in the campaigns.
Sorry guys.
Strange try it with your steps but no chance i can't play semper fidelis and everytime it change the settings to window mode. i do a reinstall of the game it is a steam version but never had any issues to play mods or campaigns.

Edit:
And i have this Save games in my overview..
Bild_2022-12-08_200624164.png
Bild_2022-12-08_200624164.png (342.48 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Edit #2:
I download now the slitherine store version of OoB to check it if it should work

Edit #3:
Last Version of Squad Mod was working fine, but i can play nothing from this version of Squad Mod.. :shock:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Acer6920

If you still have the previous SquadMod version you could try copying the Data/units.csv from the new version to the old one. This is the only change in the mod itself. You should of course also copy the Campaigns folder from the new version.

The save games are from my playtest. Forgot to remove them... :oops:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Michkov

I started the Normandy US campaign and nuked my way to the Falaise scenario.
I deployed the US units and let the scenario run for a couple of turns.
So this scenario works fine for me.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”