The Latest Multiplayer Login Problems

Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

RD Knight
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

The Latest Multiplayer Login Problems

Post by RD Knight »

AN FYI that my opponent and I were not able to get connected on 1/5/2023 at approximately 1945 hrs (GMT -8). I am on the Pacific coast and my opponent is in eastern Canada (GMT -5). We tried 5 times to get connected with failure each time. The player lobby appeared to function properly (listing both players after connection to the lobby), but when the host invited the other player, the connection did not complete. Only the invited player's user name was displayed. This appears to be a sever problem.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Latest Multiplayer Login Problems

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Apologies for the hassles. We will take a look.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

RD Knight wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:27 am This appears to be a sever problem.
Hi Knights -- I just made a test connecting GtC, both via direct and lobby connections, and it seems to be working correctly. Are you still seeing the connection issue? If so, do you get an error of any sort? When you offer to host/join the other player from the lobby, does the other player get the host/join request dialog box? If they click 'yes' does it then take you both to the connected state?
RD Knight

Post by RD Knight »

Hi Steve. Hey good to see you're still on the job! My Canadian opponent and I had no problem connecting tonight (1-9-2023). Apologies for not replying on the morning of 1-6-2023 (Thurs) after you posted your question. Our next play date was tonight @ 1930 hrs. To answer your question re: 'error message', there was none displayed. These intermittent connection problems that seem to plague GtC can be annoying.
TankFist

Post by TankFist »

I am seeing a strange error for the first time. When trying to enter the lobby it says Close Combat Error Get forum root failed. User has not logged in. I am checked to make sure I am using the correct log in into. My friend in Australia is able to log in. This occurred 2:13/2024 around 7:00 am CST.
Attachments
ccerror.JPG
ccerror.JPG (7.1 KiB) Viewed 86 times

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen : Tech Support”