Info for new modders

Take up the role of a great wizard, wield powerful spells, command fantasy races and challenge your rivals in this remake of a cult turn-based strategy classic. Do you have what it takes to become Master of Magic?
Predator42
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Info for new modders

Post by Predator42 »

For anyone new to modding in general, and this game in specific, I just learned something huge today: I was unnecessarily modding the game files, which reset every time the game patched or altered.

No need to touch the base game files.

Apparently, MoM scans the Database folder EVERY TIME the game launches, and uses all XMLs in it, because just to test I dumped in a custom wizard a fellow named Xenoreaver linked for me on another modding thread, and voila she appeared in game. Took my own customizations, and made separate XMLs out of them, and BAM! All my honeys are back.

Every other modded game I'd played - Skyrim, Fallout 4, Sims 4, Civ 4 (We The People is a GREAT mod for old Colonization fans, for any who dont know) needed you to invoke the mod somehow, or activate. Not MoM. Just dump your XML files in Master-Of-Magic\ExternalAssets\Database folder with all the others, and you are good to go.
honor

Re: Info for new modders

Post by honor »

I wonder if this works for scripts

Return to “Master of Magic”