Combat Power drop when assigning general

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

j235667
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Combat Power drop when assigning general

Post by j235667 »

I did some searches and didn't see this phenomenon explained...

Why does an army LOSE combat power when a general is assigned? Shouldn't an army actually GAIN combat power due to greater cohesiveness and/or the application of sound tactics/strategies?

I have a small army with four units, each with 4 combat power and a total of 16. When I assign a general, each of their combat power drops to 3, for a total of 12. In the past with larger armies, the drop was pretty much inconsequential, but with this small of an army it's a whole 25% drop -- ouch.

Thanks for any help.

John
loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Combat Power drop when assigning general

Post by loki100 »

yes, that's right, now a good leader will either leave the stack neutral or improved but there is a one turn malus if unit(s) change leader (and that includes adding a leader when one wasn't there before).

think of it as reflecting a degree of disorganisation as the new commander takes charge etc, ideally not a good turn to launch a major offensive
j235667

Post by j235667 »

OK, thanks. That make sense. I hadn't looked back later to see if the formation had regained the combat power lost.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

aye, its a one turn hit

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”