"Bahubali" Movies

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

gbaby
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

"Bahubali" Movies

Post by gbaby »

With an intro to FOG:E I decided to play the Indian "Maurya" empire, since it is rated by the game as one of the easiest factions and it starts with two provinces.

I noted on Netflex a movie that was a box office hit in India called Bahubali 2, a sequel to an earlier Bahubali movie. As I was playing the Indian Maurya empire with FOG:E, I couldn't resist watching it. These two Bhubali movies are amazing! Language is in Hindu and you have to deal with captions, but the movie's computer generated graphics are incredible, as well as the music. If you are an ancients fan, you really should watch these movies. They are amazing. A little bit bazaar, on the unrealistic side of things, but still, enjoyable. There is an incredible ancients battle to be enjoyed. The use of CG is amazing, the color, really great music, and action is off the scales. These were box office hits in India, and watching these movies you will understand why.

I thought it odd how I got introduced to FOG:E (the most amazing and enjoyable Ancients "Empire" strategy game I've ever encountered that I only clued into because of the FOG II export ability for tactical battles) that I picked the Indian faction because it was easiest and I noted Netflix had a Indian movie "ancients" available. It it because of FOG:E that I even bothered watching these moves. Wow, it you have Netflix, give these movies a watch. I think you will be amazed.

And since this is my first post on this forum for FOG:E. I love FOG II, and I didn't expect FOG:E to be as good as it is. AGEOD with the new ARCHON engine is the predominant force in this domain of Ancient warfare strategy gaming. I can't wait for new titles in the future. The game system is solid. Kudos to the development team for creating something so original and so damn repayable! I've never had so much fun losing, and that is saying a lot.

Can't wait for DLC's and future titles, but PLEASE, keep the FOG II export capability in mind! It adds such an extremely enjoyable dimension to this game that it is what hooked me, on a permanent fan basis. So please don't neglect it.

I did post a "recommended" review on Steam ("gmkump") for FOG:E to proclaim the game is one of the most excellent ancients strategy games I've ever played, but had to post here to promote the Bahubali movies. Give it a watch, you'll be surprised.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: "Bahubali" Movies

Post by Pocus »

Thanks, it's always appreciated as we put 3 years of efforts into Empires!

And Steam reviews are also very welcome :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

gbaby wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 amCan't wait for DLC's and future titles, but PLEASE, keep the FOG II export capability in mind! It adds such an extremely enjoyable dimension to this game that it is what hooked me, on a permanent fan basis. So please don't neglect it.
No danger of that.
Richard Bodley Scott

travling_canuck
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by travling_canuck »

For balance, please keep thinking about and investing in the FOG:E in-game battle simulator, too!

I enjoy FOG2, and it was playing that game that led me to FOG:E, but I've never felt the need to export a battle from FOG:E to FOG2. The combat system in FOG:E is extremely well designed, and fits very well in a strategic level game. It's one of the best parts of FOG:E, and does a great job of recreating how small little changes of fortune here or there can tilt a battle one way or the other.

My primary concern is that the FOG:E battlefields don't scale up properly as the game goes along, although that is more a reflection that army sizes balloon to become way too big as the game progresses. Having two 200-plus unit armies facing off across a plains where only 10% of the two armies can contact each other looks odd and plays oddly. The simplest solution might be to increase the size of the battlefields based on the size of the smaller army; the better solution might be to make it far more difficult to arm and feed an army of more than 20 units.

Bottom line is I find the in game combat system to be brilliant, and would love to see it continue to evolve through future DLCs.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

Something that can limit the size of mega armies is probably needed. I like your suggestion about feeding and moving mega armies becoming limiting, perhaps a non-linear cost, which makes it harder the more number of units? I think that, combined with reduced movement if no general is present (another recent suggestion) is really good... especially as it gives purpose to the 0-0 generals!
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

Yeah, I think a way to get rid of mega armies would be a good idea, the armies feel far too big for the time period.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
Rebroholm
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Rebroholm »

I agree, the CG in the Bahubali movies is incredible, and the action is definitely off the scale. I'll have to check them out. It's also great to hear that you're a fan of FOG:E and the FOG II export capability. It sounds like that's what hooked you into the game, and I can see why. The ARCHON engine is definitely a powerful tool for creating immersive ancient warfare strategy games. Thanks for your suggestion and your support, and keep enjoying the game! And If you want to watch the Bahubali series with Thai subtitles, you can check them out on the ดูซีรี่ย์ออนไลน์ website.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”