One Shogun to rule them all

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: One Shogun to rule them all

Post by ahuyton »

Hi Gavin, that sounds very good. The Tibetans and Mongols are a lot of fun to play. It is a clever idea to link it to the intricacies of Tibetan Buddhism.
lascar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lascar »

Amigo Province has been liberated by Akai Noamasa from the Oda retainer Takeda 9/56.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

lascar wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:53 pm Amigo Province has been liberated by Akai Noamasa from the Oda retainer Takeda 9/56.
Congratulations Akai Naomasa.gif
Congratulations Akai Naomasa.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Akai retakes Amigo.png
Akai retakes Amigo.png (238.46 KiB) Viewed 564 times
In a stunnng success Akai Naomasa has thwarted the Oda Shogunate from total victory. All eyes are now on the Tokugawa and Ikko Ikko clash in Mogami and the Akai defence of Suzuki.
Oda Shogunate held.png
Oda Shogunate held.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 562 times
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

So Challenges can now be made Gavin ?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:44 am So Challenges can now be made Gavin ?
Not yet Brian...not until the two outstanding games are completed.
lascar

Post by lascar »

Suzuki Province (Akai) has been successfully defended from invasion by the Oda Nobunaga Imagawa retainer, Ujizane. 23/50.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

lascar wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:39 pm Suzuki Province (Akai) has been successfully defended from invasion by the Oda Nobunaga Imagawa retainer, Ujizane. 23/50.
Congratulations Akai Naomasa on a stunning series of late successes.gif
Congratulations Akai Naomasa on a stunning series of late successes.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Akai successfully defends  Suzuki.png
Akai successfully defends Suzuki.png (238.4 KiB) Viewed 460 times
No change to the ranking. Oda remains one province short of the Shogunate of all Nippon. The result of the Tokugawa and the Ikko Ikki battle will determine whether the Oda shogunate triumphs, or further challenges can be made. Gulp, no pressure!
And let's not forget the unreported Tokugawa challenge to the rabbit warren that is ...the Home Province of none other than Asakura Yoshikage.
Oda Shogunate held.png
Oda Shogunate held.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Last edited by GDod on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I would add that Kiwi and I are battling as well?
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:45 am I would add that Kiwi and I are battling as well?
I've noted Peter's challenge Steve, but I don't have a record of Brian and your good-self's challenge?
PeterThePainter wrote: ↑21 Dec 2022 06:32
Peter The Painter (Tokugawa) challenges Snugglebunnies (Asakura) for their Home province.
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

GDod wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:43 am
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:45 am I would add that Kiwi and I are battling as well?
I've noted Peter's challenge Steve, but I don't have a record of Brian and your good-self's challenge?
PeterThePainter wrote: ↑21 Dec 2022 06:32
Peter The Painter (Tokugawa) challenges Snugglebunnies (Asakura) for their Home province.
I suspect the records were destroyed during one of Oda Nobunaga's many raids on your territory. Could that be why he did it? You acknowledged the challenge back on 17th December.

I would like the record to show that I am pointing this out purely on the grounds of historical accuracy and for no other reason whatsoever.

Tokugawa Ieyasu.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

GDod wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:24 am
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:41 am
GDod wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:46 am
So I'm not too clear on the rules, but would I be clear to attack Kiwi in Otomi then?
Yes, snuggles. So declared. PM him and set it up.
Thanks for finding that in the archives Peter. Apologies to the adversaries. I've hung the filing clerk and replaced him with a blind beggar I found lurking outside the temple.
PeterThePainter

The Asakura home province has fallen to the Tokugawa 61 /45.

Thank you to Oda Nobunaga for showing us all how much of an advantage is gained with an extra 10% in your army in exchange for your opponent having a few sticks to hide behind (not always where he might choose them to be). Armed with this knowledge the Tokugawa marched on the Asakura home province confident of victory (remember the victors write history so who is to say they weren’t confident).

The extra forces proved invaluable, despite the fact that I wasted some points on cavalry (I couldn’t find anything useful for them to do, which may well reflect on me rather than them) and set up my army to attack through a wood. Fortunately I was able to march my army across the front of the Asakura position to attack the open flank instead. Then the most outrageous piece of good fortune happened for the Tokugawa. An Asakura Yari Samurai unit hurled itself at the attacking Tokugawa (with a 50 POA impact advantage my opponent informed me); it reeled back in fragmented disarray. Surely this was a sign from the Gods?

Such good fortune and superior numbers should have resulted in quicker victory but with some dubious decisions from me and determination from my opponent to make me work hard, I nearly ran out of time as there was only 1 turn left when the game finished. I just squeaked over the finishing line as Asakura units routed earlier in the battle rallied in the shelter of the woods.

Well played to Asakura Yoshikage, as always. Maybe with a couple more years practice I will be able to take him on in an even game, maybe!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

PeterThePainter wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 pm The Asakura home province has fallen to the Tokugawa 61 /45 ...
Congratulations Tokugawa Ieyasi on your success.gif
Congratulations Tokugawa Ieyasi on your success.gif (433.16 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Tokugawa takes the Asakura home province.png
Tokugawa takes the Asakura home province.png (239.04 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Well, this certainly puts the bunnies amongst the pigeons! All eyes are on Mogami and Otomi...no pressure. Defeat for Ikko Ikki in Mogami, or Oda in Otomi, will mean new challenges may be made after results have been posted!
Asakura Clan expands.png
Asakura Clan expands.png (23.3 KiB) Viewed 465 times
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

My Hojo saw off the challange from the Takeda clan for the province of Mori, 65-26. The two armies were contrasting as I concentrated on superior troops and also had a useful flank march. Defending, I was able to form a useful ine between two forests with cavalry on one flank and a few lights on the other. Lack of room for the opponent to benefit from his greater numbers meant my heavy troops were able to win through. Good game, and well fought.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Oda Nobunaga and his Retainers acknowledge the history breaking defeat of Asakura Yoshikaga (the unbeatable Snugglebunnies ) by Tokugawa Ieyasu ( Peter the Painter ) in capturing the Asakura Home Province and thus making Clan Asakura a Retainer of Clan Tokugawa.
To acknowledge this momentous occasion in Japanese history Oda Nobunaga and his Noble Retainers submit to Tokugawa Ieyasu as he is the greatest Samurai ever and deserves to be Shogun

Oda Nobunaga your humble Retainer
oda_camp_group_small_1368_large.jpg
oda_camp_group_small_1368_large.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 422 times
PeterThePainter

KiwiWarlord wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 pm Oda Nobunaga and his Retainers acknowledge the history breaking defeat of Asakura Yoshikaga (the unbeatable Snugglebunnies ) by Tokugawa Ieyasu ( Peter the Painter ) in capturing the Asakura Home Province and thus making Clan Asakura a Retainer of Clan Tokugawa.
To acknowledge this momentous occasion in Japanese history Oda Nobunaga and his Noble Retainers submit to Tokugawa Ieyasu as he is the greatest Samurai ever and deserves to be Shogun

Oda Nobunaga your humble Retainer
oda_camp_group_small_1368_large.jpg
I am flattered great Oda Nobunaga but I was merely lucky and I can't help wondering if you are just trying to make me laugh whilst the Ikko Ikki seek to do away with me!
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

PeterThePainter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:30 pm I am flattered great Oda Nobunaga but I was merely lucky and I can't help wondering if you are just trying to make me laugh whilst the Ikko Ikki seek to do away with me!
If you recall an apology was sent when the Ikko Ikki invaded as I did not want to get in the way of your war with the Asakura. My reports from the Ikko Ikki are of impending defeat from your army.
Your humble Retainer
Oda Nobunaga
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

This was a great victory by Ieyasu-sensei. The Hojo also submit to his glorious leadership, confident that he will bring us many centuries of enlightened peace and wealth.
PeterThePainter

ahuyton wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 pm This was a great victory by Ieyasu-sensei. The Hojo also submit to his glorious leadership, confident that he will bring us many centuries of enlightened peace and wealth.
OK my suggestions to bring us enlightened peace and wealth are as follows:

1. All retainers should be released.
2. We should head off to Tibet and leave Japan in peace.
3. Anybody earning a living delivering fast food should hold a full driving licence and not a provisional licence (if that sounds like I am Victor Meldrew reincarnated so be it - apologies to non UK residents who do not know who Victor Meldrew is!).

These are negoitable apart from the third one!
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Yes, let us go and wreak havoc on the Tibetans now.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”