Units Overhaul Mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Units Overhaul Mod

Post by R2G2 »

Edit: Please see Steam Workshop for latest Mods.
Last edited by R2G2 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Units Overhaul Mod

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

This is really insteresting!, will you plan to do more units?
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 pm This is really insteresting!, will you plan to do more units?
I will continue to create new units as long as they apply to the primary objectives of this Mod, and if there's an existing graphic model (close enough) that I can use. I hope the Devs like some of the new units and create new graphics.

I'm open to any new unit suggestions for custom campaigns or private play. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions on creating new units. I've learned quite a bit in the creation of this Mod. Adjusting the csv file is quite simple....although balance and crash testing is a completely different animal. - R2 out
gmajw97
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by gmajw97 »

I tested it for a while
Command Panzer IA graphic model appears as a Polish TKS tank

This is a very good mode. Panzer Core 2 has a large number of units, but each unit has no personality. I think this is a waste of graphic modeling. By giving different personalities to each unit, you can play more strategically.

This is the mode I was also thinking about. We would appreciate it if you add more units and make each unit's personality alive. For example, the Tiger Tank travels very little and requires less fuel. If the individuality of each unit is adjusted differently, it will be very interesting and strategic play possible. Thank you.
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

gmajw97 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:54 am I tested it for a while
Command Panzer IA graphic model appears as a Polish TKS tank

This is a very good mode. Panzer Core 2 has a large number of units, but each unit has no personality. I think this is a waste of graphic modeling. By giving different personalities to each unit, you can play more strategically.

This is the mode I was also thinking about. We would appreciate it if you add more units and make each unit's personality alive. For example, the Tiger Tank travels very little and requires less fuel. If the individuality of each unit is adjusted differently, it will be very interesting and strategic play possible. Thank you.
You are correct, the Command Panzer I uses the TKS graphic model. For those curious, the grammatically correct graphic model is included with the detailed overview in the zip file.

As for a Tiger tank variant… I totally agree. I ‘ve already created a VK45.01 (P) model that I wanted to added in this mod. It did fight in WWII, but only one tank was produced. For historical purposes I kept it out. If there are enough requests, I can add this tank quite easily. It would be up armored with less movement.

I hope you’ve enjoyed playing it so far. Thanks for the feedback. – R2 Out
gmajw97

Post by gmajw97 »

Thank you for your kind answer.
In addition, I hope that all units have different personalities and are differentiated by specifications.
Doing so will make the game very versatile, broaden your tactics and make it interesting. Please keep updating.
Thank you.
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

Status Update: I have the mod pretty much ready for uploading to Steam. There's only one issue left to resolve with the Mod Manager. On a side note, I plan to make a step by step guide for uploading mods to Steam. It can be a very frustrating process especially if it your first time.

Version 2 zip file has been attached in the original post. Tiger movement was decreased based on feedback, and I also rebalanced the Panthers. I feel these changes coupled with the Panzer IVH/J changes make for some great late game armor strategy.

For those who have tested so far, please advise if you feel any of the new units are too powerful and need rebalancing. Thanks - R2 Out
effverescentcomet
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by effverescentcomet »

Could you please tell me how to add a new unit to the game? I tried adding line in unit.csv and it did show up in the map editor but the unit type is blank and therefore useless. Could you please tell me the right way?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
arrowbeen

Post by arrowbeen »

jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

hi,

Plz can you add here the files of the mod for gog version?

thxs
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Miranda23

Post by Miranda23 »

it's very helpful to me, thanks

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”