TDC - Archive

Moderators: kronenblatt, ericdoman1, carpenkm, harveylh, Karvon, Geffalrus, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

angusosborne
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: TDC III - Dark Ages - Posting Results

Post by angusosborne »

Division B

angusosborne Vikings (Ireland) 900-1049 with Scots allies
defeats
IMC Frankish 751-887 w Viking

50:25

Game fought on a very narrow battlefield, with the Irish vikings having the advantage of a hill on one flank, and managing to outflank the Franks on the other.
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
oscarius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: TDC III - Imperial - Posting Results

Post by oscarius »

Div B

oscarius Byzantine 551-578 AD beats tmac11 Sassanid Persian 350-476 with Arab bedouin allies: 47 - 21

After several map re-rolls (ironically I think the first one I was happy to fight on would have been best for my foe while I veto'd the second what was a cavalryman's nightmare) we finally got down to it. A large hill sat in the centre of the map what my numerous cavalry were able to occupy. A bold lancer charge against his light foot attacking them allowed me to catch his levy spearmen as they were advancing uphill to good effect. While elephants have been very dangerous to my lancer-dependent army this division here I think they did my foe more harm than good as his densely packed formation saw his own cataphracts (the next biggest threat) disordered by the friendly elephants in their rear while my elevated units had shot the beasts into disruption (always a very luck dependent thing with elephants, sometimes you can have three or four units fire without killing one other times the first volley scores a disrupt) by the time he could get them to the frontline. Things were scarcely better for my opponent on the flanks where my Byzantine flankers (a unit I had been quite initially dubious about given their high price but have come to see the merit of over this league) proved more than match for his javelin horse and Bedouin light lancers. A short, sharp and entertaining match, GG.
angusosborne

Post by angusosborne »

angusosborne Vikings (Ireland) 900-1049 with Scots allies
defeats
Rob123 Arab Conquest 638

40:12

The Vikings had the advantage of a hill on their side of halfway and although a single Arab cavalry unit got around each flank, largely fended them off and other attempts to get around the flank while making the upslope advantage pay in the middle.
President of 110BC World Cup, Administrator of TDC V Imperial and WTC, Ever Green League Usurper (EGL 300 BC, EGL 900 AD, EGL 1240 AD)
Winner TDC III Dark Ages Division B
Hari72
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: TDC III - Early Medieval - Posting Results

Post by Hari72 »

DIV B

Hari72 Mamluk 1250-1339 defeats Bagatrix1805 German Imp1200-1319 with free Canton 49-24

The Mamluk tried to secure a rough hill, a good defensive position, but the light infantry and medium free Canton won the position dislodging Mamluk troops. The battle was in favour of the German till the Mamluk Cavalry succeded in dispatcing some spearmen, the cavalry and the fleeing Mamluck rally and distract the German. The victory come suddenly when the Elite Mamluk Cavalry destroyed the German Wagon and the battle ends!

Good game Bagatrix1805, very well played! I tought my dismounted archers could resist on the hill but I was wrong, and in the end I was in trouble, the last turn before I crushed the wagon I tought that with a bit of luck we can go for a draw, but I was wrong again. :shock:
Afromullet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Afromullet »

TDC Early Medieval Afromullet Danish 1155 with German (Imperial) vs gort7078 Rus 1265-1379 resulted in a draw.

Afromullet - 21
Gort7078 - 22
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: TDC III - Later Medieval: Posting Results and STANDINGS FEB 5TH

Post by random27 »

Division B

random27 Ottoman Turkish 1430-1500 AD defeats Bagatrix1805 German Imp 1488-1500 ---> 60-49

Thanks for the game
gort7078
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gort7078 »

In a conservative defensive affair the Rus of gort7078 tied Afromullet dane/Imp Germans 22-21! Good game sir! Appreciated!
Garokan

Re: TDC III - Dark Ages - Challenges

Post by Garokan »

Division A

Garokan German 888 + Magyar

challenges

carpenkm Arab Conquest 638 pw: carpe
Triarii French (888-1049) with Viking pw: garo
markleslie German 933-1049 AD with Polish pw: mark

pm sent
ulysisgrunt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by ulysisgrunt »

Division C
ulysisgrunt (Romans and Huns) defeated SawyerK (Germanic Foot Trbes and Romans) 45-11
SawyerK
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: TDC III - Classical - Challenges

Post by SawyerK »

Division C

SawyerK leading the Antigonid 320-301 BC army with Greek ally challeges

IMC with the Roman 105-25 BC army and Numidian ally.

The match is on the server with a password of 'Roman' and a private message has been sent.
Questar17

Re: TDC III - Classical - Posting Results

Post by Questar17 »

Division A

Questar17 Gallic 300-101BC w Etruscan beats BobGanoush Spartan 280-228 64:42

classic struggle of pikes and warbands on a very hilly battlefield was very tough till end of turns almost.
Shooting and melee combats started on a central hill where veteran pikes were more successfull in the beginning and while flanks were defending the hills. When i started to loose a centre, i found out some opportunities for flanking so my troops on one flanks started to descend from one hill but i lose that flank finally being enveloped by veteran pikes while on other flank i attacked by warbands a hill filled by pikes where i routed some pikes by flanking and broke the rest pikes by autobreaks. At the end the combats returned to the centre where i had some advantage as my loose warbands on a rough terrain could tie up lots of veteran pikes.
What was very strange in this battle, my warbands couldn't disrupt pikes on impact but could withstand till autobreaks of opponent's pikes in many melee combats.

thx for the game
Badger73

Post by Badger73 »

Division B

Badger73 (Norman 923-1049 AD with French 888-1049 AD allies) defeats IMC (Frankish 751-887 w Viking) - 51:25
Questar17

Post by Questar17 »

Division A

Questar17 Latin Greece 1205-1311 AD feat Cuman beats random27 Italo-Norman 1061-1071 AD with Arab (North Africa/Sicily) 61:44

A crazy game with many weird dice rolls. Both armies had a lot cavs, bowmen and crossbowmen with a few infantry. After a bad start when opponents lancers broke my horse archers and started to rout them by the flanks, i could break the troops in the centre and started to beat the rest close to the centre. Once opponents cavs returned to the combats in the centre, i could achieve points difference having more troops there.

thx for the game
Kroche
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Kroche »

Division A

Kroche Sword Brethren 1204-1237AD w Baltic Tribe allies

defeated

random27 Italo-Norman 1061-1071 AD with Arab (North Africa/Sicily)

62 - 56

A couple of turns for the armies to advance and then 15 turns of melee. Medium foot faced off on the Sword Brethren left with the Italo Norman irregular foot and massed archers gaining advantage of the high ground. The centre saw mounted knights get into melee with each other while the heavy foot clashed alongside. Italo Norman cavalry on the right made some inroads initially, both sides taking heavy casualties. Multiple units were within a few % of autobreaking with no quarter being asked or given. Sword Brethren won on points but Italo Norman Dismounted knights were in fairly good shape and just about to clear away what was left of the Sword Brethren centre (not much). A very tough battle. GG
harveylh
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: TDC III - Later Medieval: Challenges

Post by harveylh »

Division A

harveylh German City (NW) (1450-1487) w Low Countries (1478-1487) challenges CyberHetman Bohemian Catholic (1450-1500) with Hungarian (1441-1500) password cyber, PM sent
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Division C

Ironclad (Magyar 830-1049 AD) defeated gort7078 (Norman 923-1040 AD with French allies) 40-11

The Magyars were able to use their greater mobility to first stretch out the enemy as the latter tried to prevent their right flank being outflanked and then defeated the main Norman cavalry force in detail whilst the latter were separated from their slower moving heavy infantry. Good game.
Kroche

Post by Kroche »

Division A

Kroche Pyrrhic 280-275BC w Samnite

defeated

tyronec Carthaginian Hannibal in Africa

63-48

Fairly open map with a patch of wood and rough centre left. Both sides advanced mounted forces to the left of the woods and were supported by some medium foot (and a Carthaginian Elephant). to the right of the woods Carthaginian heavy foot held their line as the Pyrrhic heavy troops advanced. Cavalry battle on the left was swiftly won by Carthaginian horse bamboozling the Pyrrhic horse for a complete victory there. Samnite allied forces in the woods were now exposed on their left flank and proceeded to get cut up although did cause some casualties to the Carthaginians. The Pyrrhic forces met and defeated the Carthaginian line of heavy foot to leave each force with complete victories on opposing flanks. Carthaginian forces remaining were mainly medium foot and cavalry so it was difficult for them to expose themselves on open ground vs remaining Pyrrhic pikes. Lots of time was spent getting the Pyrrhic forces across the battlefield and a draw was looking more likely, but there was just enough time for a second elephant unit to double drop cohesion and the Pyrrhic victory secured. GG
mh5064

Post by mh5064 »

Div D

mh5064 Macedonian 260-148 BC defeats Linko Carthaginian 235-145 BC 42-7.

The armies faced each other on level ground with a small wood on the right side of the Macedonian line. The cavalries were drawn up on the opposite side. Contact between the two armies occurred simultaneously in the center and on their respective wings. In the woods in ambush, the Carthaginian medium units tried to overwhelm the opposing medium troops. On the opposite side, the Carthaginian cavalry were getting the upper hand. In the center, the Macedonian phalanxes dominated their heavy infantry counterparts and after bitter clashes they managed to break the opposing line and to convey the heavy units to the two wings in difficulty, reversing the situation.
mcfcivo

Post by mcfcivo »

Div D

Win for my Romans 26% over Indibils Huns 56%.

Close game for quite a while but the legions managed to catch up with enough of the Hun Cav units to force a victory.
dragmio
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by dragmio »

Division C

dragmio German (South/East) 1200-1319 AD won over gort7078 Rus 1265-1379
with a result 55 - 30.

Mio

Return to “Field of Glory II: The Divisional Championships”