Soft lock / can't progress after first mission

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
nasher27
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Soft lock / can't progress after first mission

Post by nasher27 »

After completion of the first mission at the Victory screen, when I click on Proceed in the bottom right the UI sound plays but nothing happens. I can't do anything else, and it forces to me to Alt-F4 because I can't even get out of this menu.

This bug has been present for months for me across multiple hardware configurations. Maybe it has something to do with running the game at ultrawide 2560x1080 (because I've noticed some other menu UI seems a bit wonky), but I played most of the game when it launched at this resolution without this issue.
blacklab_chris
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Soft lock / can't progress after first mission

Post by blacklab_chris »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you reproduce this again and grab the log file immediately after you alt-f4. Attach it to an email to support@slitherine.co.uk along with any other details you think might be relevant and we'll investigate.
nasher27

Post by nasher27 »

Sure, where would I find the log file?
blacklab_chris

Post by blacklab_chris »

In the launcher for the game, if you click the cog icon in the top-left there is a button to take you directly to the log file. Alternatively you manually navigate to it by following this file path:

C:\Users\{user_profile}\AppData\LocalLow\Black Lab Games\Warhammer 40,000 Battlesector
nasher27

Post by nasher27 »

I was able to resolve the issue with the assistance of the email support.

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future with the same issue, we were able to resolve it by deleting the cache folder from the screenshots directory within my documents (so I deleted C:\Users\___\Documents\Black Lab Games\Warhammer 40,000 Battlesector\Screenshots\cache). It was causing some error as the game was trying to load the Cutscene after the end of mission 1, which was causing the game to soft lock.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”