Mythical Realms - 1.0.9

Take up the role of a great wizard, wield powerful spells, command fantasy races and challenge your rivals in this remake of a cult turn-based strategy classic. Do you have what it takes to become Master of Magic?
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Mythical Realms - 1.0.9

Post by XethNyrrow »

Updated 2023-10-25: Version 1.0.9 - New heroes and hero skills, town defense enhancements, Halflings and Beastmen additions, plus more!

Makes sure to check the readme for all the details as there's a lot to it:

Mythical Reams Readme

Mythical Realms on Steam Workshop

Mythical Realms on Nexusmods
Last edited by XethNyrrow on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: New mod: Mythical Realms

Post by eddieballgame »

Excellent work you have done, thanks for sharing.
mosep
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mosep »

Cannot get it to work, Download the game today copied the files of the latest version of the mod into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Master-Of-Magic\ExternalAssets

The new races etc showed up but after selecting 11 chaos books + chaos mastery + high men and pressing next turn the game crashed.

Looks like a cool mod. I hope it gets fixed

There are two 1.0.3 files of this mod. I used the one from March 18
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by XethNyrrow »

mosep wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:53 am Cannot get it to work, Download the game today copied the files of the latest version of the mod into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Master-Of-Magic\ExternalAssets

The new races etc showed up but after selecting 11 chaos books + chaos mastery + high men and pressing next turn the game crashed.

Looks like a cool mod. I hope it gets fixed

There are two 1.0.3 files of this mod. I used the one from March 18
Did you remember to delete the powerTrainingData.bin file? That's very important. If that isn't the issue can you post your GameLog.txt and player.log files by default located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\MuHa Games\MoM\ I can see what's going on.
mosep

Post by mosep »

Thanks so much for your excellent support Xeth, I tried again and it worked. I did miss deleting the file as I though it was unnecessary on a fresh install. Sorry for wasting your time.

It will be fun to explore to see if the game still favours magic immunity (paladins) and life/sorcery magic with your changes opening up more valid avenues for success.

It would be interesting to change magic immunity to include immunity to positive spell effects as well, but I get that it's not feasible.
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by XethNyrrow »

No worries, the way you described the issue was one I am familiar with as I have done it myself a few times.

Check the readme file for changes, I didn't touch paladins at all nor dramatically changed how the game plays. Life did get nerfs in general and the remake still has a major runaway economy problem that another mod addresses which I might add in at some date. I didn't want to increase the difficulty too much though since that's actually a vocal minority who like that.
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by XethNyrrow »

Version 1.0.6 out now with the following updates:

- Spell AI adjustments for the following spells:
Herbal Invigoration
Lionheart
Metal Fires
Tree of Knowledge

- Aura of Majesty - Now also gives a 25% discount to hiring heroes/mercenaries and on merchant prices. Stacks with the Charismatic trait.

- Chaos Spawn - Movement increased to 3, Defense increased to 8.

- Great Wasting - Gives 1-5 gold per hex ravaged. Increased to 8-16 hexes per turn, unrest increased to 40%.

- Magic Vortex - Changed to a controllable battle summon, casting cost increased to 50 mana:
Figures = 1
Movement = 4
Melee = 8*
Defense = 7
Resistance = 10
Hit Points = 15
* Chaos damage (is halved to 4)
Magic Immunity
Poison Immunity

- Warp Node - Can be cast on unmelded nodes. Disables a node's counter magic and aura buff enchantments in combat (though the icons still show). Will give very reduced power if melded with until the enchantment is dispelled.
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by XethNyrrow »

Version 1.0.7 (2023-5-9): Archery Heroes update:

- Normal ranged attack heroes (ones with a bow weapon slot) can now get a new skill called Archery: increases a hero's normal ranged attack by +1 for every 2 levels. Super Archery gives 50% more.

- 4 new, "Archer" heroes added: Iswen the Scout (Fame 5), Muddy the Javelineer (Fame 10), Thrawn the Trapper (Fame 20), Cyrenika the Valkyrie (Fame 40 - Champion).

- Adjusted several hero skills.

- Voltars growth rate changed from -20% to 0% and unit costs are reduced from x3 to x2.

- Voltar Tempest defense increased form 5 to 7.

- Corrected various description errors.
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by XethNyrrow »

Version 1.0.8 (2023-8-28): Rise of the Soultrapped DLC and Steam Workshop update:

The Steam workshop is finally up! I have added the mod there as well:

Mythical Realms on Steam Workshop

There are also many new updates to Mythical Realms like a new Orc units and buffs to many spell, death magic in particular. I advise checking the readme with the info at the top about the changes:

Mythical Realms Readme
XethNyrrow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Mythical Realms - 1.0.9

Post by XethNyrrow »

Bump post for 1.0.9 release.

Return to “Master of Magic”