MP Battles With a Friend Suggestion

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

MP Battles With a Friend Suggestion

Post by w_michael »

My friend Alan and I agreed to play a series of P&S skirmish battles where the sides and scenario types are determined by the Wiki description of a historical battle. We decided to use the Wiki List Of Battles from 1600-1650: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... %80%931800 and work our way chronologically through the list.

The first battle in the list is the Battle of Portobello (1601), but because it wasn't a field battle, we skipped it. The second battle was the Battle of Wenden (1601) between the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Sweden. We agreed that Alan would take the left column nation and I would take the right column nation from the Wiki entry for each match to mitigate favoritism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wenden_(1601) so he is playing the PLC and I am playing Sweden.

Reading the description of the battle, the PLC were outnumbered and received reinforcements during the course of the battle, so I setup a MP challenge with a scenario type of Reinforcements (Enemy), and away we go. I didn't bother to adjust the default force size, map size, or terrain type since we are not trying to simulate an actual battle. Even if the historical battle was one-sided we would play a balanced MP game instead. We also wanted to have more variety in scenario type than just repeated open battles.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
w_michael

Re: MP Battles With a Friend Suggestion

Post by w_michael »

We skipped the sieges and battles with the same adversaries, so we ended up with the the Battle of Guruslau.

After that, it was the Battle of Mülheim.

It is a nice way to create a skirmish battle with historic sides and possible games that are not open battles.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast

Return to “Pike & Shot”