Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Moderator: Pocus

Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Geffalrus »

Hi. Huge fan of Europa Barbarorum and FoG2/E. Any upcoming changes to the mod in the works? Loving what I'm seeing so far. :D
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Geffalrus

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Geffalrus »

Question: will the Greek factions in Hellas besides Sparta (Athens, Achaea, Aetolia) get access to pikes eventually?
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi Geffalrus,

The mod's devolpment has currently been stalled since 1.3.4. due to the several main game's updates that have been released since then, which meant that I had to be constantly correcting files and making it compatible. As such, I decided to wait for the final FoGE update to release a definitive version.

As for your other question, all Hellenic factions get access to Phalangitai on Civilization Tier III (some get it earlier, though).

Cheers
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Bercor wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:41 am Hi Geffalrus,

The mod's devolpment has currently been stalled since 1.3.4. due to the several main game's updates that have been released since then, which meant that I had to be constantly correcting files and making it compatible. As such, I decided to wait for the final FoGE update to release a definitive version.

As for your other question, all Hellenic factions get access to Phalangitai on Civilization Tier III (some get it earlier, though).

Cheers
Cool, that makes a lot of sense. Will be very excited to see what that entails.

Gotcha, that's fine. The game doesn't include an easy way for the player to see that ahead of time, and I haven't played Empires enough to get to the late game in a while. Does that Hellenic list include:

- Tarentum
- Syracuse
- Byzantium
- Pontus
- Colchis?
nikossaiz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by nikossaiz »

@Pocus

since i primary play with "ode to europa barbarorum" mod and so i stack with 1.3.4 version of the game , and since we cant have a definite fog empires ( perhaps for the best ) to motivate bercor for a mod update

is it a way to manually update the 1.3.4 version with the vital changes of the latest version without breaking the the mod?

thanks!

ps. how are you going with your new game? long time no hear anything about it.
jonhgalt28
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jonhgalt28 »

I see this version of the mod hast almost two years, and there has been some months without any uptate in the game. I would really love a history detailed mode as EB in a great framework as FOGE is. ¿there is any plans to update?
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

hey, since update 1.5.4 in fog2 i cant import my battles from empires. while loading i get an error message.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

if anyone has the same problem as me above, i solved it by removing the rogueAI mod from the files. the newest version of that mod seems to work ok but the current ode to europa barbarorum uses an older version which throws ctds when exporting battles to fog2.
cloxx

Post by cloxx »

Hello everyone!
I would really like to play this mod (I am also a fan of Europa Barbarorum 2). Is there any chance for an update of this mod, that would work with the latest version of FOG Empires?

Regards
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

gaius21 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:06 pm if anyone has the same problem as me above, i solved it by removing the rogueAI mod from the files. the newest version of that mod seems to work ok but the current ode to europa barbarorum uses an older version which throws ctds when exporting battles to fog2.
See also

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 66#p988066

Of course, what is really needed is for the mod author to update the mod scripts to work with the current version of FOG2. But he may possibly need to make further tweaks after the FOG2 6th DLC is released (some time next year).
Richard Bodley Scott

Sarissofoi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sarissofoi »

Anyone know if it works with just Empire? Don't plan to export battles to FoG2
Asterix_von_TWC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC »

I was on the original Europa Barbarorum team, albeit in a minor role as I was mod leader on Rome Total Realism which kicked off EB back in the day 100 years ago! Thank you for continuing the name and flying the flag!

Return to “MOD”