Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

luciocabrio
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99 on 7th of July, 2022.)

Post by luciocabrio »

Locarnus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:18 pm
luciocabrio wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:58 pm
jeffoot77 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:42 pm I think all versions of the game will work .

For the installation, after downloading the zip.file, just extract the files in a folder end open the 'install and readme.txt"file . All the instructions are in it.
Ok thanks, sorry but i'm not good with these things.
So i can buy the game meanwhile from steam
Install it
After i instal Generic Mod Enabler
and go ahead no?

But if i want to play with "normal" game too? or another mod ? (like modern conflicts 1.85 it's possible?
or once the mod is installed you can only play with that

where can I find a list with Italian vehicles on the mod?
Thanks
You may want to follow this guide for PzC 1.32 mod preparations:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 7&t=106604
ok,thanks ,i will try.
There is a list of all italian vehicles?
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Hello Luciocabrio,

Welcome Generale! :)
You can see all Italian units availability in the game, when you go into Library / IC 2.0 Units Availability.
I sadly do not know, how the Stream folder structure works. I have the Slitherine version. Here, while there is the Mod manager, I'm to lazy and just make another Panzercorps folder, copy all the original PzG file structure and than copy the IC 2.0 files on it with the same file structure.
There is also a readme file in the download package.

It is good to know, that this campaign is not a cakewalk: if you feel, you are a seasoned, veteran PzG player who is willing to reload scenarios for replays, you can try it with Rommel or Field Marshall difficulty. But if you are less experienced, or casual player, I would suggest the General difficulty.

I hope it helps, but just leave your questions if you have any. And also I would be glad to hear you experiences!

luciocabrio wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:03 pm Hello,i'm italian. Sorry if my english is not very good.
I wanted to play with your expansion but i don't know how to do it.
I must have a copy of panzer corps (are all versions fine? gold ecc? )
It's ok to have it by steam?
After that i have to download content 1.99....
And after?
many thanks (or tanks given the type of game :mrgreen: )
Hohenhole
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Hohenhole »

Hello i'm italian and i really impressed for the overall quality of your mod.
I'm surprised when i've seen some scenarios usually neglected from other games, like Albania or Ethiopia.
Also if currently i can play lower difficulties settings many missions are truly epic, the first ones i think are Crete, Malta and Alexandria.
Today i ended Suez and the map reminds me the japanese campaign in Malesia with intense jungle battles, which often require guerrila warfare.
I'm really eager to start the Zrinji Campaign, excellent work, bravo!
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I'm happy you like it, Generale. :)
There is a minor bug, which prevents the not-desert skin Semovente 75/18's to change between fighting mode, so it is advisable to leave them still with desert skins in Russia until they can be upgraded to 105/25.
Hohenhole wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:17 pm Hello i'm italian and i really impressed for the overall quality of your mod.
I'm surprised when i've seen some scenarios usually neglected from other games, like Albania or Ethiopia.
Also if currently i can play lower difficulties settings many missions are truly epic, the first ones i think are Crete, Malta and Alexandria.
Today i ended Suez and the map reminds me the japanese campaign in Malesia with intense jungle battles, which often require guerrila warfare.
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Hohenhole wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:17 pm Hello i'm italian and i really impressed for the overall quality of your mod.
Ciao,scusa se ti disturbo.
Mi potresti aiutare a istallare la mod "passo-passo"?
Io ho comprato il gioco su steam (è la versione gold) ma poi che devo fare?ho trovato un po' di guide in inglese ma se mi aiuti tu magari capisco meglio.
Grazie
C'è poi un sistema per ridurre la velocità a schermo?
Hohenhole

Post by Hohenhole »

luciocabrio wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:18 pm
Ciao,scusa se ti disturbo.
Mi potresti aiutare a istallare la mod "passo-passo"?
Io ho comprato il gioco su steam (è la versione gold) ma poi che devo fare?ho trovato un po' di guide in inglese ma se mi aiuti tu magari capisco meglio.
Grazie
C'è poi un sistema per ridurre la velocità a schermo?
Ti ho mandato un pm. :)
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Finally i started

I put the easiest level, but why do enemy troops only have 5 units and I have 10? in the tutorial the enemy also has 10 units. Do I need to increase the difficulty level? I made it to the second mission in France, but how come I only encountered one enemy plane? (ms 406 ) Can the difficulty of the campaign be changed during the missions or do I have to start all over again?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Is the install right?
I made no tutorial for the Italian campaign. Also the 2nd mission is Malaga/Spain.
You can see the differences between the difficulty levels if you select one, than click on the advanced option.

luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:20 am Finally i started

I put the easiest level, but why do enemy troops only have 5 units and I have 10? in the tutorial the enemy also has 10 units. Do I need to increase the difficulty level? I made it to the second mission in France, but how come I only encountered one enemy plane? (ms 406 ) Can the difficulty of the campaign be changed during the missions or do I have to start all over again?
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:05 pm Is the install right?
I made no tutorial for the Italian campaign. Also the 2nd mission is Malaga/Spain.
You can see the differences between the difficulty levels if you select one, than click on the advanced option.

luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:20 am Finally i started

i've the gold edition...i can choose tutorial ,and other compaign
but i have to restart everything if i want to change difficult?
Locarnus
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Locarnus »

luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm i've the gold edition...i can choose tutorial ,and other compaign
Do your start screen and your campaign selection screen look like the first two screenshots of this thread?

You can change difficulty during a campaign, if I remember correctly, a change only takes effect for the next scenario after you changed difficulty.

But since you wrote that your second campaign scenario is france, it seems like you are not playing the italian campaign.
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Locarnus wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:15 pm
luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm i've the gold edition...i can choose tutorial ,and other compaign
Do your start screen and your campaign selection screen look like the first two screenshots of this thread?

You can change difficulty during a campaign, if I remember correctly, a change only takes effect for the next scenario after you changed difficulty.

But since you wrote that your second campaign scenario is france, it seems like you are not playing the italian campaign.
The screen are the same. I have more campaign options.
My French mission is not the Second mission but 4th i think, i don't remember.
I went in spain and Jugoslavia too before france
But the strenght (number) of enemyes is 5. 5 tanks, but i have 10 tanks. There is a ms406 in French mission but is 5,my cr32 are 10
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Yes, that is because of the easiest setting. When you look at Advanced tab, after selecting a campaign, it shows AI Stregth -5.
You can change diffixulty between scenarios at the victory screen.
Yes, France is the 4th scenario.
luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:39 pm

But the strenght (number) of enemyes is 5. 5 tanks, but i have 10 tanks. There is a ms406 in French mission but is 5,my cr32 are 10
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm Yes, that is because of the easiest setting. When you look at Advanced tab, after selecting a campaign, it shows AI Stregth -5.

Ok thanks i will try to do it.
You suggests to change only enemy number (from - 5 to 0 i suppose) or i have to increase the difficult one step above?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

It must be your choice, how hard you feel, the sns are. But they will be ever harder. 😈 Or you restart your campaign, use your knowledge and experience, what you learnt from the first play and start on harder difficulty. You still can later lower it if you need.

You can also experiment with fully random encounter outcomes, or dice chess, which latter is between random and chess outcome.
luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:04 pm
Uhu wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm Yes, that is because of the easiest setting. When you look at Advanced tab, after selecting a campaign, it shows AI Stregth -5.
You suggests to change only enemy number (from - 5 to 0 i suppose) or i have to increase the difficult one step above?
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:55 am It must be your choice, how hard you feel, the sns are. But they will be ever harder. 😈 Or you restart your campaign, use your knowledge and experience, what you learnt from the first play and start on harder difficulty. You still can later lower it if you need.

You can also experiment with fully random encounter outcomes, or dice chess, which latter is between random and chess outcome.
luciocabrio wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:04 pm

I managed to set the parameters. now the troops have 10 units. I also raised the difficulty a bit. I must say that the second mission in France has many enemies!
But I have a big problem. Practically after 1 round or 2 it tells me that I lost (loss) but I don't understand why.
Of strange things I have only tried to embark the anti-aircraft that are on the islets.
I attach photos of the map after the defeat. It's happened to me 3 times already, I can't go on and I don't understand why. None of my bases have been captured
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Last edited by luciocabrio on Wed May 10, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Did you move the light cruiser far away? It should be left in the harbor, or just temporally move away 1hex further, until you pack the garrison on boat.
luciocabrio wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:37 pm Image
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:08 pm Did you move the light cruiser far away? It should be left in the harbor, or just temporally move away 1hex further, until you pack the garrison on boat.
luciocabrio wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:37 pm Image
I don't understand very well what are you saying to me. I used my cruiser as you can see from the photo. i re-tryed but the result is the same: loss
I have photo below
In this way i loss

Hohenhole

Post by Hohenhole »

Perhaps you should reread the briefing, i remember that there is something related to a specific unit.
Hohenhole

Post by Hohenhole »

I've found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THFrwoCv9Vk

According the briefing, if you leave Lampedusa unguarded you'll lost the mission, this indication is shown at 4:20.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”