PBEM ( multiplayer, clarification for new players ) turn can be repeated indefinately

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

i0see0mancos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

PBEM ( multiplayer, clarification for new players ) turn can be repeated indefinately

Post by i0see0mancos »

There is a way to redo your turn several times if you dont send your finished turn. Just play the turn, if you dont like the outcome then exit to menu and reload the game and you will get the turn right from the start and you can play it a diferent way. This way you can scout most of the fog of war without geting ambushed or cought in an area where there are lots of enemies. Actualy, you can find the enemy concentrations and avoid them easier.
There should be no turn repeatability, game should remain saved upto where you played the turn, and if you want to continue, you should be able to continue just from where you left the turn, not start the turn from the begining. I get it some players want to play a turn in parts, maybe they dont have time, but that dosnt mean you should get to restart your turn, it should continue with the units where you left them. Meaning moves should be permanent and only playable once.

Hope i could describe the problem correctly, my english is not the best. Thank you for your time, hope it will get fixed soon, couse its a game breaker.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PBEM ( multiplayer, clarification for new players ) turn can be repeated indefinately

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If you do as you describe, you will be flagged for multiple downloads of a single turn, and receive warnings, followed (if the behaviour doesn't change) with a potential ban. So, don't? ;)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
i0see0mancos

Re: PBEM ( multiplayer, clarification for new players ) turn can be repeated indefinately

Post by i0see0mancos »

I am clearly not interested in doing it, otherwise why would i post here for it to be fixed? The question remains, what happens if your internet cuts out or the electricity in the middle of a turn. It would be better to program a sistem that would save your moves as you do them and then be able to continue off from where you left. It can be a temporary save on your part ( on the game´s server, so it can not be tempered with ) that can be deleted once the turn is sent to the other party. This way you can be asured noone will cheat not even once. It makes more sense.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

A system like that would cause other issues, especially for those on slow internet connections (or on metered connections). It is very uncommon for those kind of events to occur. We take action on deliberate cheating when we see it.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
i0see0mancos

Post by i0see0mancos »

I dont see what other issues it would create, plus, you dont need such a fast speed connection to track unit positions and status. And who has metered connections these days? Actualy i think there is a way where you dont even need continuous internet connection, your PC would just send information to the server when you execute an action.
I still see it as something the developers, or whoever is responsible for this side of the game, should look into, i think there can be found an efficient way to apply what i suggested. It appears to me that the benefits outway the risks and that it would be a more fair and secure game. Of course, i dont know all the technical implications, but overall it seems like a better idea than what we have now, what we have now still has loop holes. As i sayed, i hope the more knowledgeable people at Slitherine give it a thought at least, or maybe even find a better solution.

Thank you for your time.
i0see0mancos

Post by i0see0mancos »

Another question would be, is the initial setup turn subject to the same rules? Becouse in the initial setup turn, basicaly turn 0 ( i would call it ) , you can not move your units, nor is there any cheating like advantage that you can derive from downloading the turn several times, at least as far as i know. On sayed turn, from what i recall, you can´t even see into the fog of war when you deploy your units, so i cant see any unfair advantage one could derive from the practice on that particular turn. I ask becouse the initial setup turn sometimes requiers more planing, an in deepth analisis of what units you have available and the like, so sometimes its hard to do it all in one sitting and one might like to break it into parts. Dose the system recognise the diference between this turn and the other turns? Becouse i see the game calls the initial setup turn as turn 1, the same as the actual turn 1 when you can move your units.
Hope to get clarification, probably other players might like to know too, thank you for your time.
i0see0mancos

Post by i0see0mancos »

Actualy, to be even more sure, each individual move or action that has an irreversible effect should be uploaded to the save file on the server first, after the action has been taken, including the result of the calculations for the outcome, when there is such a result involved, then the player should get the animation. I think this is the sure way to avoid people from cheating through the replay of turns. Hope i managed to explain what i wanted to say so that everyone understands, my frase composition is not very good at times. Anyways, i belive the developers understand what i mean, and also hope they will have a look at this issue.

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”