TDC - Archive

Moderators: kronenblatt, ericdoman1, Geffalrus, carpenkm, harveylh, Karvon, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: TDC III - Classical - Posting Results

Post by Holien »

Div B

Holien (Seleucid 166-125 BC with Jewish 163-111 BC allies) Defeated Karvon Parthians with Arab allies 8% to 47%

Ride To The 4 Corners of The World!!

The Battlefield was a wide open space in the middle with the Parthians starting with a wide hill on their right flank stretching to the middle and plenty of Rough ground and Agricultural field sections on their left.

The Parthian force came enmass with a large Skirmish force and all Cavalry bar three Irregular Infantry all towards the left flank corner, while the Seleucid force had a centrally placed Heavy artillery backed up with a mainly infantry force a few Cavalry deployed forward in a long line from left flank to centre.

The idea for the Seleucid force was to try and pin down the fluid Cavalry which used their mobility to avoid the pike blocks. A slow advance forward was met with a Parthian migration from left to right and then to the rear of the Seleucid force.

Imagine a big shoal of fish flowing around the battlefield with the slower Seleucid sharks trying to pick off isolated Parthians.

The block of 6 Parthian Cataphracts were eventually reduced to 2 and could not evade the advancing Seleucid force. An unlucky Parthian Irregular infantry was caught by a light assault and forced to fight while his two colleagues fled. The Parthian light force was reduced by 2/3rds and the final end came when bravely the Parthian light Cavalry after riding the 3 corners tried to pick apart some lonely Seleucid infantry but with Heavy Artillery and Light Infantry were broken and dispersed.

So an expected draw was just avoided on the last day of tourney. (A rare achievement I feel)

Thankyou to Karvon for keeping the turns coming despite it being to his disadvantage, a gentleman…

Also a thank you to my teacher Aetius39 who last year gave me some sage advice on how to tackle Karvon..
(The Padawan remembers your advice….)
Holien

Post by Holien »

OK so my final post today is to tidy up the outstanding battle with Deeter which never started.

I did get in touch with Deeter via PM but he was busy and I did not want to force him to play so that Game I guess will be a draw? (BTW we I think are both happy to have it classed as such - Deeter can jump in if otherwise?)

A thank you to Triarii for the work he did (is doing) with the spreadsheet and nicely displayed.

Many Thanks

H
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: TDC III - Imperial - Posting Results

Post by Ironclad »

Division D

Ironclad (Lombard 493-567 AD with Avar allies) won/drew? v wzfcns (Roman 359-424 AD) 60-58 or 59-58

After a tremendously close and hard fought battle this ended with the final report for me showing victory on 60-58 with 23 turns played out of 24 so neither I or my opponent had a chance to play this last turn as the 60-58 result was that remaining after my previous turn 22 had concluded. However whilst the final report was showing the result changed to 59-58 as a Roman light cavalry unit returned to the field.

What would have happened had we each played our final turn remaining is unknown. His light cavalry returned right in the corner and would have stayed. His other remaining cavalry unit pursued into woods by my massed cavalry was likely to have survived. Victory or draw would have depended on whether 3 light infantry units of mine positioned to take out a fragged close order infantry unit of his would have succeeded and two of his close order infantry could have driven off two of these lights on his final turn.

Given the closeness of the contest the fairest result would seem to be a draw. Great fight whatever the outcome.
Challenge1
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Challenge1 »

The match between Challenge1 Carthaginian Hannibal in Africa & deeter Lysimachid 320-281 currently stands at 22 - 15 in favour of the Lysimachids.

There are currently 9 turns left and I don't think there is a clear potential winner and considering the turnaround rate of moves I would suggest a draw is adjudicated.

I messaged Deeter in game suggesting this.

Thank you for all the hard work organising, yet again, a most enjoyable tourney!
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Division D

Progress Ironclad (Sarmatians) V Tigercub (Antigonids)

9 turns left with Antigonids ahead 31-24. As Antigonids still have both elephants (demon beasts for Sarmatian armies) and plenty of heavies left whilst Sarmatian lancers have suffered attrition I anticipate Tigercub winning this.
Hari72

Post by Hari72 »

DIV C
End of turn 22

Hari72 Hephthalite 350 -570 AD vs Swuul Roman 197-284 with Arab allies

38-45

The Hepthalite have some cavalry and light cavalry and 2 helephant, and are fleeing the roman legionnaire that remain with no cavalry but a lonely camel rider troop.

I was very very very slow in responding at the start! :oops: sorry! I speed up only the last 10 turns!! :oops:
harveylh
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: TDC III - Later Medieval: Final STANDINGS April 1st

Post by harveylh »

Here are the final set of results of the remaining games in Division B which completes all games in Later Medieval:

edb1815 defeats Gdod 40-15 by forfeit

Garokan defeats Gdod, 40-15 by forfeit

Gdod draws with rpadilla1988, 0-0 (neither player challenged the other)

Kerait draws with Morat 39-35
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
harveylh

Post by harveylh »

FINAL STANDINGS FOR LATER MEDIEVAL APRIL 1ST
LM Final Standings Apr1.jpg
LM Final Standings Apr1.jpg (118.53 KiB) Viewed 477 times
With his final game, Kerait had a draw but scored enough points to barely edge out Bagatrix1805. Similar to both Divisions A and C, several players came very close to winning Division B.

Congratulations to our winners in Later Medieval!

ericdoman1 in Division A
Kerait in Division B
ulysisgrunt in Division C
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
frederic02
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by frederic02 »

Div B

frederic02 (Macedonians328-321 BC) defeat Deeter (Lysimachides 320-281BC) 50-20.

Thanks for the game.

"Tout l'art de la guerre est basé sur la duperie", Sun Tzu
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: TDC III - Early Medieval - Posting Results

Post by Karvon »

Results for all games have been submitted either via PM or forum and only a couple of games were unconcluded at the deadline.

Our divisional winners for season 3:

Div A: Questar17 with 8 wins and a loss averaging 80 pts a game with a final score of 724.

Div B: lunecastle with 8 wins and a draw averaging 80 pts a game with a final score of 720.

Div C: rafydedel with 8 wins and a loss averaging 87 pts a game with a final score of 787.

Congrat's to all the winners.

The average time for matches was 18 days. The shortest reported was 4 days; the longest 66 days.

ELO rankings will be updated once all periods have finalized results.

Thanks to everyone for participating and hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Regards,

Karvon
Attachments
em 040423.jpg
em 040423.jpg (218.88 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Holien wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:56 am
Also a thank you to my teacher Aetius39 who last year gave me some sage advice on how to tackle Karvon..
I have been betrayed!

Karvon
Rosedelio

Post by Rosedelio »

Here are the final results:
IMP Final.png
IMP Final.png (82.63 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Div A Winner: tyronec
Div B Winner: Warg1
Div C Winner: Hari72
Div D Winner: rafydedel
Touhou mod for FOGII: Medieval: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111582
My FOGII and FOGII Medieval focused channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Rosedelio
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

Wow it was very close , congrats to the winners , in my division i finished 17 points only behind kerait and won more games :) , it is already a victory for me :)
Thanks to all my opponents , it was a pleasure like always , playing this ottoman army was very fun and i learned using light cavalry
Once again , thanks to the organizers , I can t wait for the next edition of this tournament , have a nice day , guys
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

Congrats to the winners , 4 good players , special mention to rafydedel in division D , a french player :)
carpenkm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: TDC III - Dark Ages - Posting Results

Post by carpenkm »

The final results are in.

Congratulations to tyronec on his clean sweep winning Div A, although only by 42 pts from a strong season by Rosedelio.
Angusosborne's last minute run at the end pips Morat in division B for a well deserved title.
In Div C Yinsdoo2 questions why he wanst placed in a higher division as he takes first place with the highest points total in any of the divisions and an average score approaching 100. Second place was really close with only 13 points separating 2nd from 4th.

well played all - we hope you had fun.
Attachments
Tables final.png
Tables final.png (63.78 KiB) Viewed 505 times
carpenkm

Re: TDC III - Dark Ages - Posting Results

Post by carpenkm »

For those of your following such things here are the provisional ELO changes based on on the DA era. 4 players remain above that magic 2000 rating with Tyronec seeming to be unassailable in top spot. excellent seasons from angusosborne, yinsdoo2, mh5064, Morat and anderarcoss11 may see them with promotion to a higher division and ulysisgrunt and Ironclad both proved strong players in Div C.

The overall ratings will be published in a couple of weeks
Attachments
elo final.png
elo final.png (83.52 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Karvon wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 pm
I have been betrayed!

Karvon
Haha!^^
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

Aetius39 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:35 am
I have been betrayed!

Karvon
Haha!^^
Mark - I think you have been kicked in the tackle:)
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

ericdoman1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:39 am
Aetius39 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:35 am

I have been betrayed!

Karvon
Haha!^^
Mark - I think you have been kicked in the tackle:)
Hmm, I guess my horse archers are considered from the Dark Side as well?
alexmike1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by alexmike1 »

Any chance of the final tables for this era, please?

Return to “Field of Glory II: The Divisional Championships”