Axis Operations FAQ and Tips

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Axis Operations FAQ and Tips

Post by SirAllan »

Regarding air transport, it seems that the code: "AddTransport Ju52 1" doesnt work anymore.

Have anyone experianced that or is there a new code for this?
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

SirAllan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 am Regarding air transport, it seems that the code: "AddTransport Ju52 1" doesnt work anymore.

Have anyone experianced that or is there a new code for this?
Damn - I was using the wrong code :oops:

It should have been:"runany AddTransport Ju52 1" :roll:
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

I hope my 2 questions are best placed here:

1. is there any chance to get rid of all (!) save games and all core forces from scw to A043 ?

2. is there any chance to name a coreforce after a completed year ?

like "AO43 his DvG, HS, UB, MD - io" ?

Im playing with a huge variety in challenges houserules, and ways to build up my core like infatry oriented or tank oriented, or aircraft oriented, depending on what heros i get and what i think is fun.

Right now im writing down the specifics of every core force of every year in the AO series. i have 2 completed ao43 historical core forces and 5 ahistrocial. and of cource way more in every early year, so you can imagine that piece of paper was quite "full".
and thats the biggest problem for me right now, my cat preffered to vomit/puke/upchuck/barf (dunno the correct word...)
on my desk and ruined 80% of my precious informations about my core forces...
and now im totally confused about my core forces, so the idea is to ged rid of all of them, and start new with labels ingame. so if there is any chance to name or label my core forces, pls advice :)

if there is no chance i will use a word or txt file in the future (and of cource my cat is still allowed to sleep on my desk hehe)
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:57 am 1. is there any chance to get rid of all (!) save games and all core forces from scw to A043 ?
Your core file is saved at My Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cores, delete them.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

thx man, cores and saves deleted, now i got even more reasons to make some playthroughs until 44 :D
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Updated post with the new 1944 preview trailer.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I'm considering finally using that second reserved post to talk about new things.

Probably Elite Objectives, and potentially a documentation of the Ahistorical Timeline.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"AHistorical is Rhetorical"... meaning... 'It talks back... it knows that there can be a multiverse-or multitude of alternate outcomes of an original event or events!'.

Consider... SciFi Time-Travel concepts... of where 'Time-Travellers' are conditioned and cautioned not to 'Disturb the Time-Line' or the consequences could result in a much changed earth-history!.

That's why i could never-understand those who scoffed at the premise or idea that nothing else could take place... except what which has already taken place!.

Meaning!!!... that in 'The-Real-World'.., the "Axis" could have potentially have "Won WWII!'.

P.S. _ keep up the 'Good-Effort' on 'AHistorical' theoriziings!>
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"AHistorical is Rhetorical"... "History" ... 'History' that could have happened, but didn't... is screaming at you to take notice!.

Alternate Endings — Ten Hypothetical Events That Would Have Changed the Outcome of World War Two
PUBLISHED DATE:11 APRIL, 2014

https://militaryhistorynow.com/2014/04/ ... re%20items

'These "Topics" are discussed in detail at the Website!'.

1. Germany Invades Britain Instead of the Soviet Union
2. Japan Reconsiders Attacking Pearl Harbor Germany Invades Britain Instead of the Soviet Union
3. The Germans Take Moscow in 1941
4. Russia and Germany Make a Separate Peace
5. The Nazis Develop the Bomb Before the Allies
6. No Western Front
7. The July 1944 Plot to Assassinate Hitler Succeeds
8. Stalin’s Red Army Continues West After Taking Berlin
9. Churchill Immediately Starts World War III
10. The Allies Invade Japan Instead of Dropping the Bomb

Just one 'Example!':

Given Hitler’s penchant for so-called “wonder weapons,” there’s little doubt he would have used the atomic bomb if he had it. This is the same regime, after all, that developed a precursor to the intercontinental ballistic missile. The Nazis even used mosquitoes as biological weapons.
It very well might have been lights-out for the Allies had Germany come up with the nuclear weapons first. It could have resulted in victory for Germany on all fronts. Mercifully, the Nazis never appreciated the potential for a weapon that was so closely associated with “Jewish science.”

*** My own findings irrespective of what is commonly understood is that... 'Infact' Germany was well advanced in its development of Nuclear Weapons. The first known incident of this that i am aware of was the use of a small atomic/nuclear bomb being set-off or tested at a location somewhere in or near the 'Thuringian Forest' in Germany during the latter days of WWIIl . It was successful!.

Then!, there was another similar event record described by a German Officer who was being transported by aircraft to some location while they were flying by a military test site or weapons testing facility. He described the great turbulance in the air that the Aircraft was in that nearly made the airplane uncontrollable... he also mentioned that regular airplane radio traffic was impossible...'Static?... as well he did describe the mushroom cloud effect on top of that.

That!... again leads to a successful 'Weapons Test'. Do your own research to find out more on this subject matter... but!... if some or all of it is true... then yes... with a slight change in history... 'History' could have ended quite differently in WWII.***
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:31 am . . .
Just one 'Example!':

That!... again leads to a successful 'Weapons Test'. . .
There is a book on this subject:
"Heisenberg's War" by Thomas Powers.
I bought on Amazon for $5. I have not read it yet.

It suggests that Heisenberg thought than the war would be over before they could complete the project, so he did not put too much effort into it.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:51 am
Retributarr wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:31 am . . .
Just one 'Example!':

That!... again leads to a successful 'Weapons Test'. . .
There is a book on this subject:
"Heisenberg's War" by Thomas Powers.
I bought on Amazon for $5. I have not read it yet.

It suggests that Heisenberg thought than the war would be over before they could complete the project, so he did not put too much effort into it.
--------------------------
"Heisenberg!"... ... i'm not familiar with him?... so i have no-comment.

However!... in the "T.V.-Series"... "Hunting Hitler" hosted by 'Bob Baer'... in his last concluding episode... the advanced research details of the 'Nuclear-Programme' is corroborated by a researcher from Germany itself... and she describes that the Germans at that time already had developed 'Plutonium'... well!... once thats done... its not too far off from having a Nulear Weapon!. [Hunting Hitler T.V. Series can be found Online... it documents in great-detail the Atomic-Test in the Thuringian-Forest... as well as other further research... such as "Atomic-Nuclear" and development labs in South America and other related details in other ongoing programs].
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Added links to dalfrede 43 and 44 campaign trees.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:21 am "Heisenberg!"... ... i'm not familiar with him?... so i have no-comment.
Werner Heisenberg was a physicist.
He ran the German nuclear program.

The 'Heisenberg' Uncertainty Principle.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
casey1697
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by casey1697 »

Hi, I asked the support folks this question and they referred me here in case someone knew a workaround. I hope this is the proper forum to post this question.

Is it possible to play the individual scenarios within the AO campaigns separately? Support said they didn’t think so, but suggested I ask here as well. Thank you for your time.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

casey1697 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:57 am Hi, I asked the support folks this question and they referred me here in case someone knew a workaround. I hope this is the proper forum to post this question.

Is it possible to play the individual scenarios within the AO campaigns separately? Support said they didn’t think so, but suggested I ask here as well. Thank you for your time.
Technically yes and practically no. You can use the files to create standalone scenarios, but it requires modding knowledge and changing things that are not built with that in mind, i.e. you have to change the prestige for a scenario in case it does not award any for entering or there will be no way you can purchase and deploy your own units, all commendation points and token events won't work because it is inherited from scenarios before and you start with none, etc etc...
casey1697

Post by casey1697 »

Thank you very much for your quick reply! After the response from support, I gathered that I probably can't, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the community just in case. :D
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

Stupid noob thing I noticed today...

You can click and drag the op map during the briefings to move the map around and look at the nice arrows and such.

This was doing my head in as I wanted to zoom out to see what was slightly off the map edge, and then did this by accident. I feel a bit silly for not having figured this out earlier tbh. Lol.

Anyways, I just finished AO: SCW, some of that was rough, I think I captured almost 100+ of one of the Russian early tanks, I was on a complete encirclement roll to be honest. I got the 203mm arty gun with a half slot hero, that was lucky and made for a ridiculous fun time.

AO39 is a lot quicker (except Warsaw, jeez) and I haven't had the forces to do much capturing, sadly. Funny how the Recon plane in Germany is more expensive than the recon plane from Spain, even though the stats are absolutely identical? I don't get that.

Does old Wagner mention Ana if you don't do the SCW?

I also noticed some equipment weirdness, like, the 10cm arty didn't show up at the start of the 39 scenarios. I also captured some French Tanks, the.... I forgot... Renault 17? Apparently they're counted as different tanks if you snatch them in Spain vs France, as I have two sets of 7 each, which is annoying.

Anyway, question; Do we get anything for deleting obsolete enemy equipment beyond tidying up the roster?
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

RVallant wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:51 pm Does old Wagner mention Ana if you don't do the SCW?
. . .
Do we get anything for deleting obsolete enemy equipment beyond tidying up the roster?
Yes, it would take too much effort to change it on the fly.
. . .
No.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Great, thanks.

Just finished 1939 this morning. What an unusual campaign.

I don't know if the Finland stuff was worth it, but the Saar offensive was an interesting change of pace.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Some tips;

If you want prestige; Trophies of War. ~ I think next time I play, I will not pick this because to be honest, I'm rocking 100-200k prestige, so I'm elite replacing all day long and I have thousands of equipment. I think I have almost 400+ T-34 tanks somewhere, so I dunno why I'm losing the war!

If you want a chill time: Anti-Air Veteran (Oh my word, this makes air war so much easier...) I put a 12.8 AA gun on a mountain, with rapid fire x1.2 and well, it covered half the map and one shot everything (wild exaggeration, but seriously...)

If you like rapid attacks: Aggressive Deployment - it really brings a new dimension to Towed AT guns, artillery and infantry to be honest. Needed if you go all pionere like I do. Also, Towed AT = direct counter for SPAT guns in my experience, SPAT guns don't have enough soft attack to do anything against them.

* In missions where you need to rescue someone;

Always worth checking your air/boat supply. If you're told to try and help someone or whatever, capturing an airfield means you can airlift infantry OUT of the combat zone. If you're quick enough on this (4th Army 1944 for example) you can get up to 6 infantry units out of the encirclement and home free, which is handy because infantry just melt.

* Infantry heroes

I like to stick ignores entrenchment, strikes first, aggressive counterattack (or butcher/flag killer, depending) on a paratrooper, because they're usually being dropped in to take out soft targets, in areas that have had time to entrench.

I think Elsa Koss (Artillery hero) is best suited in a 17cm parked behind your defensive line, because that's Soft/Hard and counterbattery fire all at once, at double range. May as well use that ammo count! On the offensive, I have stuck her in a panzerwerfer, cos nothing says 2023 in 1940's like a Intercontinental rocket flying over the map to wipe out the infantry units.

That's all I got so far. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”