TT Mod Version 1.5.32 available!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: TT Mod Version 1.5.32 available!

Post by Athos1660 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 am Has anyone ever played a game with the Ligurian list?
I really wanted to, as I like this area. I looked at the units, looked at the terrain and... gave up.
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

The Ligurian Javs are missing their name in 1.5.32B. MISSING_IDS_UNITNAME519

EDITED: I spent the last hour trying to track down the problem and the only thing I could find is that the 519 ID falls between 502 and 503 in the Squads file. Other than it not being in numerical order I can't figure out why it's coming up as "missing" in game. I screwed around a bit but couldn't fix it. Is the ID number used in the other text files? I didn't see it.

The unit models will display on the map they just won't have the proper name.

Mord.
Atherys
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Atherys »

Or maybe someone can share their mod zip to me, please. I have retried the download 10+ times, but I always got disconnected before my download completes.
MarkShot
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MarkShot »

Atherys wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am Or maybe someone can share their mod zip to me, please. I have retried the download 10+ times, but I always got disconnected before my download completes.
I have 1.5.32b, I think Campaigns, and Custom, there may be another file needed for MP (I don't MP).

Okay, I am grabbing the 3rd file for MP. I will put them up on my business server for you later, and PM you a link.

(The server is located East Coast, USA.)
Atherys
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Atherys »

MarkShot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:19 am
Atherys wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:04 am Or maybe someone can share their mod zip to me, please. I have retried the download 10+ times, but I always got disconnected before my download completes.
I have 1.5.32b, I think Campaigns, and Custom, there may be another file needed for MP (I don't MP).

Okay, I am grabbing the 3rd file for MP. I will put them up on my business server for you later, and PM you a link.

(The server is located East Coast, USA.)
Thank you very much! Also, sorry for making you download the MP version...
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I will send you an HTTP link for a browser, but might want to FTP (as that should be restartable versus a browser download).
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Mord wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:14 am The Ligurian Javs are missing their name in 1.5.32B. MISSING_IDS_UNITNAME519

EDITED: I spent the last hour trying to track down the problem and the only thing I could find is that the 519 ID falls between 502 and 503 in the Squads file. Other than it not being in numerical order I can't figure out why it's coming up as "missing" in game. I screwed around a bit but couldn't fix it. Is the ID number used in the other text files? I didn't see it.

The unit models will display on the map they just won't have the proper name.

Mord.
Hi Mord,

Malabar26 posted about this on 23rd Feb, I had already noticed it myself and fixed it, but it's not worth uploading a new version of the mod just for that.

You are trying to find something that does not exist! That is why the "MISSING_IDS_UNITNAME519" displays. The unit is numbered 519, but there are no name and info text strings in the mod for unit number 519.

I had to renumber a few TT Mod units to avoid conflicts with the new units that were being added to the main game. I intended to renumber the Ligurian LI from 519 to 1519, changed the text strings to 1519, but forgot to change the number in the Squads.csv. So the solution is just to change the ID number in the Squads.csv from 519 to 1519. You are fine to do that in the Campaigns and Custom Battles version of the TT Mod, but it might cause problems for the MP version.

The rows in the Squads.csv do not have to be in numerical order of ID numbers, it's irrelevant, in fact there are many rows out of order in the vanilla Squads.csv.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Atherys wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am Thank you very much! Also, sorry for making you download the MP version...
http://www.kwlsystems.com/images/gameq/atherys.zip

5 Gb; I am posting here if anyone else cares to download. (It will be up for at least a week from this post.)
Contains 1.5.32b (all 3 files and instructions how to resolve the above issue)

Paul,

Thank you for such a fine mod, and your support!

PS1: It appears that the server crashed. I will check the upload when it comes back up to see if it is completed and post here. Sorry.

PS2: Server up.

PS3: File is good. ~20min @ 100Mbps
Atherys
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Atherys »

MarkShot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:35 pm http://www.kwlsystems.com/images/gameq/atherys.zip

5 Gb; I am posting here if anyone else cares to download. (It will be up for at least a week from this post.)

Paul,

PS1: It appears that the server crashed. I will check the upload when it comes back up to see if it is completed and post here. Sorry.

Thank you, Mark! Yours downloads faster for me. I personally only need the MP, but it should benefit everyone this way. :D
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Atherys wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:25 pm
MarkShot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:35 pm http://www.kwlsystems.com/images/gameq/atherys.zip

Paul,

Thank you, Mark! Yours downloads faster for me. I personally only need the MP, but it should benefit everyone this way. :D
When it is time for the next update I will see if I can provide alternative download sites. Do you know if Mega is free?

I have just got my new Windows 10 PC a few weeks ago, and have not investigated Google Drive yet. I just thought it was for backing up your own files, which as I have a 1 TB SSD drive and another external 1 TB drive is not something I need. If it can be used to let others download stuff it will be much more useful to me!
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Yes, Paul,

You could create a public shareable link with just access privileges. I am not sure others would need a Gmail logon to access it. Another possibility is Dropbox.

How many downloads do you get? I would consider being a mirror.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

MarkShot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:39 pm Yes, Paul,

You could create a public shareable link with just access privileges. I am not sure others would need a Gmail logon to access it. Another possibility is Dropbox.

How many downloads do you get? I would consider being a mirror.
My Dropbox capacity isn't large enough to handle the 3 different TT Mod files.

Downloads of the current version of the mod are 423 for the Campaigns, 368 for Custom Battles, and 213 for MP. However a previous version of TT Mod Campaigns was over 1,000. I think Mediafire seems okay for most people downloading the TT Mod, although there have been quite a few instances of corrupted downloads over the years. So it might be useful to try an alternative next time I do an update.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Mord

Post by Mord »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 am Hi Mord,

Malabar26 posted about this on 23rd Feb, I had already noticed it myself and fixed it, but it's not worth uploading a new version of the mod just for that.

You are trying to find something that does not exist! That is why the "MISSING_IDS_UNITNAME519" displays. The unit is numbered 519, but there are no name and info text strings in the mod for unit number 519.

I had to renumber a few TT Mod units to avoid conflicts with the new units that were being added to the main game. I intended to renumber the Ligurian LI from 519 to 1519, changed the text strings to 1519, but forgot to change the number in the Squads.csv. So the solution is just to change the ID number in the Squads.csv from 519 to 1519. You are fine to do that in the Campaigns and Custom Battles version of the TT Mod, but it might cause problems for the MP version.

The rows in the Squads.csv do not have to be in numerical order of ID numbers, it's irrelevant, in fact there are many rows out of order in the vanilla Squads.csv.
Thanks, Paul.

I don't know how the hell I didn't see his post! I read the one right below it and missed his!

Excellent info, and fixed.

For future reference, is Text22 the only file that lists the ID numbers besides the Squads file? I did not even find this out until just now. It was the only text file I did not look at when I was trying to track down the culprit earlier this morning. If I would've opened it I probably would have solved it. I had assumed all those numbered Text files were descriptions and what not. Lesson learned.

Mord.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Paul, I will PM you.
Mord

Post by Mord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 am Has anyone ever played a game with the Ligurian list?
Just finished a random CB, the computer picked the Italian Hill Tribes. I was disadvantaged in about 85% of my match ups. Lost 65% to 46%. It was tough. It would be really hard trying to use them against a stronger army.

Mord.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Mord wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:20 pm
Paul59 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 am Hi Mord,

Thanks, Paul.

I don't know how the hell I didn't see his post! I read the one right below it and missed his!

Excellent info, and fixed.

For future reference, is Text22 the only file that lists the ID numbers besides the Squads file? I did not even find this out until just now. It was the only text file I did not look at when I was trying to track down the culprit earlier this morning. If I would've opened it I probably would have solved it. I had assumed all those numbered Text files were descriptions and what not. Lesson learned.

Mord.
Hi Mord,

Text22.txt contains all the text entries relevant to the mod, apart from the introduction text that is in Text1.txt. Text22.txt includes things like new army names, faction introductions, new faction names (sidenames), new unit names and info strings.

I don't know why I decided to number it 22, it could be any number really. The only rule is that higher numbered texts overwrite lower ones. So if I had a Text23.txt file with a different name for unit 1519 the game would use that name rather than the one in Text22.txt. In the official Epic Battle scenarios I use Text9.txt for the same purposes.

The unit ID number in the Squads.csv doesn't actually have any use in the game, other than referencing the unit names and info strings contained in the text file. So each unit has to have it's own unique ID number, otherwise unit names will get muddled up.

Another important thing to remember is that the text files have to be in Unicode. The easiest way to do that is just copy an existing text file from the game, and delete it's contents. You can then write your own contents in the file.
Last edited by Paul59 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Mord

Post by Mord »

Thanks for the info, Paul. I am slowly learning and getting a better understanding of how this all works.

Mord.
Cronos09
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Cronos09 »

Thanks for the mod, Paul. I liked very much its Epic battles. I read about the Wars of the Diadochi when I were playing your mod. Earlier I did not consider Eumenus as Diadochus. Then I have revised my attitude towards him. I played your Epic battles for Eumenus and I want to say that they are well done - you even managed to represent the betrayal of his commanders in battles.
The epic Battle of Ipsus is also mesmerizing.Why didn't you make its MP version? Due to exceeding the limit of 64 units on each side? I do not know if this number is still the limit in FoG2.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Cronos09 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:43 am Thanks for the mod, Paul. I liked very much its Epic battles. I read about the Wars of the Diadochi when I were playing your mod. Earlier I did not consider Eumenus as Diadochus. Then I have revised my attitude towards him. I played your Epic battles for Eumenus and I want to say that they are well done - you even managed to represent the betrayal of his commanders in battles.
The epic Battle of Ipsus is also mesmerizing.Why didn't you make its MP version? Due to exceeding the limit of 64 units on each side? I do not know if this number is still the limit in FoG2.
Thanks Cronos,

No, FoG2 does not have a unit limit, although a scenario as big as Ipsus might run slow on some low end PCs. In any case, a limit would apply to both SP games and MP games.

Contrary to my practice when designing official Epic battles, the Diadochi scenarios were made with their historically accepted army numbers, with no adjustments for the Difficulty levels. That being the case, I decided to only make MP versions for those battles that had relatively equal points on each side. Ipsus is actually quite unbalanced, with the Seleucid army having 4983 points (and 98 units!) and the Antigonids only 4215 points (and 83 units). So I didn't think it would make for a very good MP scenario, without major changes to the Seleucid OOB.

In the last minute before release of the mod, I got uneasy about releasing SP scenarios with no allowance for the Difficulty levels. So I quickly threw in some adjustments, but with a note in the scenario introduction to say what is the "Historical" level of Difficulty.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Just a suggestion : how about replacing Light Javelin Horse with Light Horse Archers (Hippotoxotai, ἱπποτοξόται, from hippo- mounted, and toxotai, archers) in Athenian 460 BC - 381 BC :

1) About the Athenian Hippotoxotai:

Source

For example, Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War, 2.13.8 : "The Athenian cavalry, so Pericles pointed out, numbered twelve hundred, including mounted archers".

2) About the Athenian Prodromoi :

Return to “Field of Glory II”