I MULTIPLAYER TOURNAMENT PANZERCORPS 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ESPADATXI
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

I MULTIPLAYER TOURNAMENT PANZERCORPS 2

Post by ESPADATXI » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:15 pm

The I Multiplayer Tournament PZ2 is announced.

This is a particular tournament but it would be desirable for Slitherine to support it in some way.

The tournament will be played as a closed chess tournament by the robin-round system (all against all in double round) with a planned participation between 2 and 6 players (8 players maximum) always games 1v1. You will not be able to start a round until the previous one has been completed and the corresponding scores have been published.

Participation will be by invitation after accepting the rules of the competition.

The tournament will be played with scenarios created specifically for multiplayer games with the scenario editor. This way the participants will not have to install any mod or extension but It is necessary for players to download the scenarios in order to create the competition games and it is also recommended that they see the scenarios before playing them.

In particular the scenarios created specifically for the tournament will always have the supply hexes behind the last city of victory so that the new ground units will always have to be deployed in the rear and so it will be impossible to deploy new grounds units in the middle of the map. The number of paratroopers will be limited or canceled depending on the characteristics of the scenario.

It is very important that players understand the scoring system so that they act accordingly during the tournament.

Unlike the basic game design explained in the manual, the tournament takes into account the classic Panzer General concepts of Major Victory and Victory Minor.

The calculation of the final score will be done by applying the indicated formula but so that first of all everyone understands the idea of a Major Victory is when all the victory hexes on the map are captured and it is also subsidized by adding one more hexe for each turn remaining for the last turn of the scenario, the player who suffers a Major Defeat has a negative score in proportion to the remaining turns. This means that a defeat in the first rounds of a game it would be catastrophic but in competitive practice it is almost unthinkable.

The Minor Victory (and Defeat Victory) is the one in which the players arrives in the end of last turn without anyone capturing all the victory hexes, each side counts the victory hexes he has in his possession and is assigned a score that would always be lower than in a major victory and likewise the losing player could never have a negative score.

Attention will be required to take a screenshot with the position that produces the outcome of the game, just before the end of the last turn or immediately before entering the last city of victory having selected the unit that goes to occupy that city.

It is absolutely necessary to be clear how many victory cities are in the possession of each player at the end of the game so you will be required to have the mission tab that shows the captured cities over the total cities visible in the screenshot of the last turn.

It is completely forbidden to perform any action that alters the normal development of the games.

Players will have a ranking number determined by their level in the game according to the achievements listed in the profile of the game of Steam, in the case of having the same number of achievements will be before the player with more hours game.

The player will have to show their PZ2 level on Steam by making their profile public, adding other friends as friends or by any other feasible and reliable route.

Once the tournament has started and the pairings for the games have been made, it will be up to the first player (or player with white according to the chess terminology) to create the game and create and facilitate the access password to his opponent.

The participating players will have to take responsibility for playing their turns in a reasonable time since all the games in one round must be finished to start the next. If a player leaves the tournament unjustifiably, he may be banned from playing in future editions.

All participating players accept the rules of the tournament and must behave with the formality and sportsmanship due to the competition.

This is the first tournament of this nature and as such it presents an uncertainty and so it could happen that only two players played or that they wanted to play more than eight and could not participate.

The scheduled start date would be between Monday 21 and Wednesday 23 December 2020 and the tournament would be played during Christmas 2020 and New Year 2021.

The same thread in the Slitherine forum that serves to set out the rules will also be used for players who wish to participate to do so by making the corresponding post. Once the competition has started, players must keep at least a minimum post in the thread to answer any questions that may arise.

For direct communications between the participants the Chat of Steam will be used for which it will be necessary previously that all the participants have become friends or a group for the purpose is forced.

If you want to play Panzercors 2 multiplayer this is the first big tournament !, say you want to participate and if you are chosen you can play in this great battle!

(The link to download the scenarios will be posted here no later than Wednesday, December 16th)

PUBLISHED SCENARIOS

SCENARY 001 - https://we.tl/t-7h7Qu1Oud5

SCENARY 002 - https://we.tl/t-YqeDBnKCql

SCENARY 003 - https://we.tl/t-S7Pjf8w6pa

(the files must be located in the Multiplayer folder of the game)
Last edited by ESPADATXI on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ESPADATXI

Re: I MULTIPLAYER TOURNAMENT PANZERCORPS 2

Post by ESPADATXI » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Here we can see the scoring formula.

REMAINING TURNS: NUMBER TOTAL TURNS -- NUMBER VICTORY TURN

VICTORY HEX OF OPPONENT: NUMBER VICTORY HEX – POINTS VICTORY HEX

MAJOR VICTORY POINTS: (MAJOR VICTORY = 1) * (NUMBER VICTORY HEX + REMAINING TURNS ) * 10

MAJOR LOSS POINTS: (MAJOR VICTORY = 0) * (NUMBER VICTORY HEX + REMAINING TURNS ) * 10

MAJOR VICTORY SCORE: MAJOR VICTORY POINTS + (NUMBER PLAYERS * NUMBER TOTAL TURNS)

MAJOR LOSS SCORE: MAJOR VICTORY POINTS - (NUMBER PLAYERS * NUMBER VICTORY HEX) + (NUMBER VICTORY HEX * REMAINING TURNS) [CAN BE NEGATIVE!]

MINOR VICTORY POINTS: (MINOR VICTORY = 1) * (POINTS VICTORY HEX * 10) -- (VICTORY HEX OF OPPONENT * NUMBER PLAYERS)

MINOR LOSS POINTS: (MINOR VICTORY = 1) * (POINTS VICTORY HEX * 10) -- (VICTORY HEX OF OPPONENT * NUMBER PLAYERS)

MINOR VICTORY SCORE: = MINOR VICTORY POINTS

MINOR LOSS SCORE: =SI (IF) MINOR VICTORY POINTS IS NEGATIVE THEN = 0 (NO NEGATIVE SCORE)

Obviously the tournament score will be the sum of the score obtained in each match ... including the negative scores!

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Of course as the organizer and promoter of the tournament I sign up to participate and obviously as a player I will have the same options as anyone else ... I hope you decide to participate and together we make a great tournament!

ESPADATXI

1 achievement and 165 hours in the game.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Is this part of the official Slitherine based tournament systems?

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:55 pm
Is this part of the official Slitherine based tournament systems?
No, this is a particular tournament. For now Shitherine.

For now Slitherine don't organize anything multiplayer.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:34 pm

Well a major content drop just hit, and a pretty significant non-DLC related set of changes arrived alongside it to:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=102765

I worry that will take most players' attention in the immediate future. :?

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:34 pm
Well a major content drop just hit, and a pretty significant non-DLC related set of changes arrived alongside it to:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=102765

I worry that will take most players' attention in the immediate future. :?
Ok, almost simultaneously with my comment the developers posted this update ... better! ...

Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rifraff » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:05 am

It is probably pretty telling that there is going to be specially created scenarios just to make a multiplayer competition seem fair.

Random generator might sound good in principle but it can't be balanced. There was so many really great multiplayer scenarios in PC1 that were so well balanced we could win or lose as either side. You can't play test random.

There really needs to be either developer scenarios or a different rule set. Different rule set I think would probably be the easiest way out.

I can't really see any big downside if there was.

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:59 pm

PUBLISHED SCENARIOS

SCENARY 001 - https://we.tl/t-7h7Qu1Oud5

SCENARY 002 - https://we.tl/t-YqeDBnKCql

SCENARY 003 - https://we.tl/t-S7Pjf8w6pa

(the files must be located in the Multiplayer folder of the game)

Remember that at least one of the two players must have downloaded the stage files in order to play.

After the last update of the game in the tab of the player's name appears a multiplayer score, in this regard it should be clarified that the valid score will be the scoring system announced by the rules of the tournament, however it will be interesting to check what score will produce the game's scoring system in the same game.
Last edited by ESPADATXI on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Unfortunately due to the lack of players the tournament has been suspended. (at least for now)

bendtheknee
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by bendtheknee » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:23 am

Hello,
I'm OK to play this tournament. Can we just start a new one ?

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:38 pm

bendtheknee wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:23 am
Hello,
I'm OK to play this tournament. Can we just start a new one ?
Fantastic, so the tournament will finally start with two players:

Nº 1 Ranking: bendtheknee
Nº 2 Ranking: Espadatxi

(the ranking order is determined by the number of Steam achievements each player has)

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:11 pm

These are the pairings of each round of the Tournament

"First player" is the player that play with the side that move first.
The 1º Scenario is Germans against Russian so the player nº 1 of ranking play with germans and the player with nº2 of ranquing play with russians.
The 2º Scenario is Usa against Germans so the player nº 2 of ranking play with Usa and the player with nº 1 of ranquing play with germans.
And so on...

bitflipper

Post by bitflipper » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 pm

I'd like to join in as well if it's not too late!

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995146702

PC2 achievements: 12
PC2 hours played: 67

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 pm

bitflipper wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Hi, i try add you how friend at Steam....

bitflipper

Post by bitflipper » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:26 pm

ESPADATXI wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 pm
bitflipper wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Hi, i try add you how friend at Steam....
I accepted the friend request.

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:06 pm

THE FIRST MULTIPLAYER TOURNAMENT HAVE STARTED!!!

Finally, after a long wait, the tournament begins with Bendtheknee number one of ranking and Espadatxi number two. The pairs are ready and the first game will be Scenario_001 bendtheknee how first player with Germans against an Espadatxi second player with Russian.... good luck!

This is the first turn of the game...

Scenario_001
Germans: Bendtheknee vs Russians: Espadatxi

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Game: Scenario_001 Turn 5:

Continuing with the coverage of the tournament and trying to give as much information as possible to the spectators (reserving the sensitive information militarily) ... it must be said that "a shot has not been fired yet" ... it is evident that both players are preparing and measuring their strength, at the moment there have been the first sightings (from to russian side) ...

German planes on the horizon :o

Achtung Tiger!! :shock:

Catacol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Catacol » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:56 pm

If you need another player I would happily join....

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Catacol wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:56 pm
If you need another player I would happily join....
I like that you are interested, now the tournament is in progress... anyway in steam my nick is the same -Espadatxi-, please add me

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”