Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

JonJonJon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

UI suggestions

Post by JonJonJon »

Applicable to ancients too.

1. Ability to switch between Medieval and Ancients via the home screen (or MP menu) of either, like a lobby. Save having to exit and load.
2. Option for persistence of in-battle tools menu buttons – the ones that show command range, los etc. – instead of having to reactivate them every time a turn loads.
chris_merchant
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: UI suggestions

Post by chris_merchant »

3. Remember previously selected game display filters in multiplayer lobby.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Good idea for a thread. Keep the suggestions coming.
Richard Bodley Scott

tdavie

Post by tdavie »

4. I play a lot of time in overhead mode, a habit I probably won;t be able to forget (boardgame addict); so am wondering if it would be able to rotate in 2 dimensions when viewed overhead, as opposed to drag the map to scroll x/y?

Thx

Tom
JonJonJon

Post by JonJonJon »

tdavie wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:13 pm 4. I play a lot of time in overhead mode, a habit I probably won;t be able to forget (boardgame addict); so am wondering if it would be able to rotate in 2 dimensions when viewed overhead, as opposed to drag the map to scroll x/y?

Thx

Tom
That's just reminded me of another one:

5. Hotkey or button to reset camera to default position - easy to move accidentally, impossible to get back
pompeytheflatulent
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by pompeytheflatulent »

6. Selecting multiple units when assigning command groups. Or some other quality of life feature to make assigning command groups during deployment less of a chore.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Ability to manually select the scaling factor for custom and internet battles.
gfs26
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Unit stats at the end of the battle

Post by gfs26 »

Hi !
I think it would be great to have, when the battle is over, a summary file (even a .txt file would be good) with unit statistics for both armies...
Something like this :
Army A Unit name Type Initial strenght losses (KIA + WOU) Enemy KIA + WOU turns engaged in combat turn combat wins

I think all this data is already there... it would be great having such a report!

I hope developers will take this little thing in mind for future patches/improvments.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I plan to sticky this thread, but currently don't have moderator rights in this forum. Hopefully soon.
Richard Bodley Scott

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

1. Please make the huge white banner and the two large green morale % bars in the upper left much, much smaller. It takes up way too much screen real estate, and they are very distracting.

Better yet - give us a slider in the options to let us set how big or small we want these UI elements. Currently, they are just way too big for their own good.

2. I second the suggestion to retain the options we set, command range, LOS, etc. for the entire game, and even in between games, unless we change them ourselves.
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

The 'save game' and 'withdraw from battle' buttons are close together and not dissimilar, it would not be difficult to select the 'withdraw' button by mistake and click 'yes' without looking carefully.
Would prefer if they were on a different trees like in Ancients.
H377bound
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by H377bound »

FroBodine wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:35 pm 1. Please make the huge white banner and the two large green morale % bars in the upper left much, much smaller. It takes up way too much screen real estate, and they are very distracting.

Better yet - give us a slider in the options to let us set how big or small we want these UI elements. Currently, they are just way too big for their own good.

2. I second the suggestion to retain the options we set, command range, LOS, etc. for the entire game, and even in between games, unless we change them ourselves.
++ from me on those suggestions, both things have been annoying me too. And I'd like to add...

Any chance that we could lose the annoying login box from multi-player? Can't the game just auto-login using the saved credentials? Add a "logout" or "change user" button somewhere for the rare occasion when it might be needed.
matt3916
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by matt3916 »

+1 to "Hotkey or button to reset camera to default position"

and also to

"Selecting multiple units when assigning command groups. Or some other quality of life feature to make assigning command groups during deployment less of a chore."
gribol

Post by gribol »

I suggest, that in screen "Army option previev", when you select any unit, you can see its details by clicking f.e. ctrl+LMB (like in the battle).
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Richard Bodley Scott

CyberHetman
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CyberHetman »

In MP, the first turn (army selection and general assign and positioning) could be available at the same time for both players - there would be no waiting for movement after game acceptance.
Atherys
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Atherys »

CyberHetman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 pm In MP, the first turn (army selection and general assign and positioning) could be available at the same time for both players - there would be no waiting for movement after game acceptance.
That's a really nice suggestion, but I don't think it's UI related...
JonJonJon

Post by JonJonJon »

A modification, or replacement, of the command range overlay to include the lesser range of the cohesion test +1 modifier (command range / 4) when the unit containing a general is in close combat.
JonJonJon

Post by JonJonJon »

Different flag sizes, or styles/shapes, for sub-generals when compared to that of the C-in-C.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”