Ruin and Conquest of Britain - Tournament I: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Ruin and Conquest of Britain - Tournament I: Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 6 (kronenblatt) 1240 FP (due to +40 FP in location of Fort). North European Agricultural. kronenblatt sets up.
=> set up for carpenkm, with password MELANDRA

Please note that you'll then pick 1200 FP worth of units, whereas it's 1240 FP for me (due to the Fort I'm located in).
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 9 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural.

The above battle is set up, pw is welsh

Aetius
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
kronenblatt

Re: Round 14: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:12 pm Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.
Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 9 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Aetius39 sets up.
Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 6 (kronenblatt) 1240 FP (due to +40 FP in location of Fort). North European Agricultural. kronenblatt sets up.
Battle 4
  • Engagement 4.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP. North European Hilly. Doyley50 sets up.
  • Please create the challenge (with yourself always as Side B) by June 10 at the latest, and thereafter send a PM to your opponent and make a post in the tournament thread.
  • Please conclude games by July 20 at the latest (extended period due to Northern hemisphere summer).
All games set up, accepted, and progressing? So that we stand a decent change to concluding them by July 20.

TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

Battle 2 is very much on it's way ☺
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 9 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Aetius39 sets up.

Aetius (Welsh) defeats TomoeGozen (Britons) 59-10

Those Britons must have had a lot of untrustworthy mercs as there was some quick folding in the warbands!^^ GG!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 4.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP

Welsh Beat British 53 -23

No luck for the marauding British in the Welsh homelands. The terrain favoured the Welsh and despite a valiant attempt to assault uphill the Welsh held firm and manged worked the right flank. Well played Doyley.
Giacofa93
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Giacofa93 »

Battle 1
Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Battle set up, with a slight delay. Sorry
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 3
=> kronenblatt defeats carpenkm 64-54.

Giacofa93

Post by Giacofa93 »

Battle 1
Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Giacofa93 wins 60-55. Really lucky win for me, we were on the edge and a good break brought me just at the threshold, but it could well have gone the opposite way.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Yes, I had the same luck and tipping point in my game. Maybe my +40 FP turned out to be the difference? Anyway, are the Picts on to a winning streak?

kronenblatt

Round 14: Resolved battles

Post by kronenblatt »

The following four "engagements" (as FoG2 games are called in this campaign) divided up into four separate battles will be fought:

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => Pictish victory.
Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 9 (Aetius39) 1200 FP.
    => Welsh victory.
Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 6 (kronenblatt) 1240 FP.
    => Pictish victory.
Battle 4
  • Engagement 4.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP.
    => Welsh victory.

kronenblatt

Round 14: Post-Battle Administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Now, questions to the following players:
  • Army 2 Doyley50: In which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 3 TomoeGozen: In which hex do you want to reappear*? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 5 Giacofa93: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #11? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 6 kronenblatt: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #10? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 9 Aetius39: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #3? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 10 carpenkm: In which hex do you want to reappear*? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 11 Aetius39: In which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 12 carpenkm: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #2? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
* An army having lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed in the hex of a tower or signal station, fort, fortress, town, capital, or city of its choice that is controlled by its faction as well as without interruption connected by roads and controlled structures to its faction's capital, or, if none of these available, in its faction's capital.
** Since the army pool deficit is higher than the FP cost of the most expensive unit in the army, at least one unit needs to be eliminated to bring the deficit down to zero or lower.

Keep in mind that (if you previously have decided to not to remove any units) the level of your deficit the previous round disallows choosing certain units, whose FP costs fell below the deficit at that time.

Please answer by midnight (Stockholm time) Tuesday, October 25, at the latest. Otherwise, I deem your answers to be 'no' and 'as close as possible to current location'. And if needed, I'll remove some units.

kronenblatt

Round 14: Post-Battle Administration (cont.)

Post by kronenblatt »

• Army 2: reappears in Corinium, removing 1 Armoured Noble Lancers (64 FP) and 1 Light Javelin Horse (24 FP).
  • Army 3: reappears in Durobrivae, removing 1 Noble Cavalry (44 FP).
  • Army 5: moves into the hex of the losing army #11, removing no units.
  • Army 6: stays in hex, removing no units.
  • Army 9: moves into the hex of the losing army #3, removing 1 Noble Cavalry (44 FP).
  • Army 10: reappears in Condate, removing 2 Brythonic Foot (66 FP).
  • Army 11: reappears in Ratae Corieltauvorum, removing 1 Picked Warband (Loose Order) (75 FP), 1 Brythonic Foot (33 FP), and 1 Light Javelinmen (24 FP).
  • Army 12: moves into the hex of the losing army #2, removing 1 Brythonic Foot (33 FP).
Current army pools with available units:

kronenblatt

Change to the rules (re. end of the campaign)

Post by kronenblatt »

In order to get a more firm end to this campaign, I've decided to amend the rules in this respect, so that they as of now (starting in round 15) read as follows (under Overview):

The campaign ends as soon as (at the end of a round) the strength of at least one army is below 1200 FP and/or a faction decides to claim the kingship of Britannia. In order to claim the kingship, the faction needs to have an army located in the hex of the Fort Ruins of Derventio, without any enemy armies within its ZoC and with Derventio connected along roads without interruptions (i.e., no enemy armies' ZoCs or uncontrolled structures) to its capital.

The winner of the campaign is then the faction (among those existing and with the strength of all its armies at 1200 FP or higher) and all its players with the highest number of victory points at the end of the campaign, and if a tie, with the highest number of controlled structures.

kronenblatt

Round 15: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 15's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Friday November 4 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the Pictish armies.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

kronenblatt

Round 15: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Comments
  • TomoeGozen's army #1 is halted by the ZoC of the Town of Margidunum.
  • Aetius39's army #9 is halted by the queueing in front of it (armies #11 and #5).

kronenblatt

Round 15: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

The following two "engagements" (as FoG2 games are called in this campaign) divided up into two separate battles will be fought:

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Hilly. Giacofa93 sets up.
Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Doyley50 sets up.

Please set up as follows in Field of Glory II: Ancients in accordance with rules' Engagements and battles:
  • Conquestu Britanniae v2 module (downloaded for MP in-game).
  • Open Battle scenario.
  • 24 turns.
  • 32 x 32 map size.
  • 2000 FP force size for both armies, but only 1200 FP (adjusted for any effects from e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby) are spent on units from the army's pool of remaining units, see below.
  • Map type on the terrain as specified in the rules' Map terrain of engagements.
  • Always Mercenary Warbands as allies (even if no mercenary units selected) with the actual number of mercenary units that can be used depending on the following:
    • A faction can in total select four plus twice as many units of mercenaries as the number of Mines that it controls at the beginning of the round, to be distributed among its armies during that round.
    • However, a maximum of six mercenary units can be used by an army in any individual engagement.
    • Examples:
      • If seven Mines are controlled by the faction, it can select up to eighteen (4 + 2x7 = 18) mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, but for no individual army more than six mercenary units.
      • If no Mines are controlled by the faction, it can still select up to four mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, distributed among its armies.
  • 1200 FP worth of units (adjusted for any ally units selected from Mercenary Warbands) are thus picked from the following list so that 800 FP remain of the 2000 FP set up when the engagement begins:
    • Again, the 1200 FP may be adjusted (and correspondingly the 800 FP) due to e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby.

Resolving and reporting the battles:
  • Please create the challenge (with yourself always as Side B) by November 9 at the latest, and thereafter send a PM to your opponent and make a post in the tournament thread.
  • Please conclude games by December 7 at the latest.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, reports the results in the tournament thread.

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Doyley50 sets up.

I've set up the battle - pick it up when you're ready

pw doyley50
Giacofa93

Post by Giacofa93 »

Battle set-up for Aetius39, pwd: aeti
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 2 (Doyley50) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 12 (carpenkm) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural

Welsh beat British 51-25
A tough battle and well played to my opponent. A long flanking movement by the British cavalry didnt quite make it in time to turn the battle (just). One of those games that finished too early another turn or two and the game would have been a lot closer as the Brits made their come back with an injury time goal or two!

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”