Ruin and Conquest of Britain - Tournament I: Concluded

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Ruin and Conquest of Britain - Tournament I: Ongoing

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Wooded.

Welsh defeat the Picts 53 - 26

Welsh managed to even up the score making numbers and cav count.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Round 11: Resolved battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Wooded. carpenkm sets up.
    => carpenkm defeats Giacofa93 53 - 26.
=> Welsh victory!

Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural.
    => Giacofa93 defeats TomoeGozen 61-51.
  • Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural.
    => kronenblatt defeats TomoeGozen 71-37.
=> Pictish victory!
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Round 11: Post-Battle Administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Now, questions to the following players:
  • Army 3 TomoeGozen: in which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 5 Giacofa93: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #3? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 7 Giacofa93: in which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 8 kronenblatt: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #3 ? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 10 carpenkm: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #7? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
* An army having lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed in the hex of a tower or signal station, fort, fortress, town, capital, or city of its choice that is controlled by its faction as well as without interruption connected by roads and controlled structures to its faction's capital, or, if none of these available, in its faction's capital.
** Since the army pool deficit is higher than the FP cost of the most expensive unit in the army, at least one unit needs to be eliminated to bring the deficit down to zero or lower.

Keep in mind that (if you previously have decided to not to remove any units) the level of your deficit the previous round disallows choosing certain units, whose FP costs fell below the deficit at that time.

Please answer by midnight (Stockholm time) Sunday, March 20, at the latest. Otherwise, I deem your answers to be 'no' and 'as close as possible to current location'.

kronenblatt

Round 12: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 12's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Wednesday March 23 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the Pictish armies.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

kronenblatt

Round 12: Picts' movements

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt

Round 12: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Please note
  • Brito-Roman army 4 (Doyley50): is halted by the ZoC of the Welsh Town Lactodurum.
  • Welsh army 12 (carpenkm): should have gained control over Brito-Roman Fort Uxacona already by end of round 11. Now amended.
  • Welsh army 12 (carpenkm): is now halted by the ZoC of the Brito-Roman Town Pennocrucio.
  • Welsh army 10 (carpenkm): gains precedence to enter the hex before Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) due to fewer spent MP in total.

kronenblatt

Round 12: Battle resolution

Post by kronenblatt »

The following four "engagements" (as FoG2 games are called in this campaign) divided up into three battles will be fought:

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.
Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
  • Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

Please set up as follows in Field of Glory II: Ancients in accordance with rules' Engagements and battles:
  • Conquestu Britanniae v2 module (downloaded for MP in-game).
  • Open Battle scenario.
  • 24 turns.
  • 32 x 32 map size.
  • 2000 FP force size for both armies, but only 1200 FP (adjusted for any effects from e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby) are spent on units from the army's pool of remaining units, see below.
  • Map type on the terrain as specified in the rules' Map terrain of engagements.
  • Always Mercenary Warbands as allies (even if no mercenary units selected) with the actual number of mercenary units that can be used depending on the following:
    • A faction can in total select four plus twice as many units of mercenaries as the number of Mines that it controls at the beginning of the round, to be distributed among its armies during that round.
    • However, a maximum of six mercenary units can be used by an army in any individual engagement.
    • Examples:
      • If seven Mines are controlled by the faction, it can select up to eighteen (4 + 2x7 = 18) mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, but for no individual army more than six mercenary units.
      • If no Mines are controlled by the faction, it can still select up to four mercenary units as a whole for its armies during a round, distributed among its armies.
  • 1200 FP worth of units (adjusted for any ally units selected from Mercenary Warbands) are thus picked from the following list so that 800 FP remain of the 2000 FP set up when the engagement begins:
    • Again, the 1200 FP may be adjusted (and correspondingly the 800 FP) due to e.g. structures, such as controlled Forts nearby.

Resolving and reporting the battles:
  • Please create the challenge (with yourself always as Side B) by March 25 at the latest, and thereafter send a PM to your opponent and make a post in the tournament thread.
  • Please conclude games by April 22 at the latest.
  • The winner, or the player having incurred the fewest casualties, reports the results in the tournament thread.

TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Help! Help!
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

All battles created and PMs sent.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

TomoeGozen wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 pm Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.
Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

Got our battle!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

TomoeGozen wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 pm Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. TomoeGozen sets up.

Giacofa93
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Giacofa93 »

Challenge for carpenkm posted.
Pwd: yetagain

Good luck!
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP. North European Agricultural. Giacofa93 sets up.

Welsh beat scots 43 - 15

The Welsh were helped by a hill on their side. The Scots manfully tried to push on but superior numbers (not quality) of Welsh medium foot counted in the end. Well played - until the next time!!!
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Aetius (Welsh) defeats TomoeGozen (British) 50-24

For some time I thought the Welsh were going to lose; their cavalry was tied up and the British broke a few holes in the center. Luckily the sides held enough for the Welsh to slowly turn the tide. Oh those unpredictable warbands...:)

GG as always!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
Giacofa93

Post by Giacofa93 »

Engagement 2.1: Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) defeats Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 63-24

A well fought battle till the end, when the British centre collapsed suddendly following the charge of the pictish chariots
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => carpenkm defeats Giacofa93 43-15.
=> Welsh victory!

Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => Giacofa93 defeats TomoeGozen 63-24.
Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP.
    => Aetius39 defeats TomoeGozen 50-24.
=> Welsh victory!

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt)

=> kronenblatt defeats TomoeGozen 60-53.

kronenblatt

Round 12: Resolved battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • Engagement 1.1: Welsh army 10 (carpenkm) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 7 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => carpenkm defeats Giacofa93 43-15.
=> Welsh victory!

Battle 2
  • Engagement 2.1: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 5 (Giacofa93) 1200 FP.
    => Giacofa93 defeats TomoeGozen 63-24.
  • Engagement 2.2: Brito-Roman Army 1 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Pictish army 8 (kronenblatt) 1200 FP.
    => kronenblatt defeats TomoeGozen 60-53.
=> Pictish victory!

Battle 3
  • Engagement 3.1: Brito-Roman Army 3 (TomoeGozen) 1200 FP versus Welsh army 11 (Aetius39) 1200 FP.
    => Aetius39 defeats TomoeGozen 50-24.
=> Welsh victory!

kronenblatt

Round 12: Post-Battle Administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Now, questions to the following players:
  • Army 1 TomoeGozen: in which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 3 TomoeGozen: in which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 5 Giacofa93: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #1? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 7 Giacofa93: in which hex do you want to reappear*? Which unit or units do you this round want to remove in order to eliminate your army pool deficits**?
  • Army 8 kronenblatt: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #1 ? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 10 carpenkm: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #7? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
  • Army 11 Aetius39: Do you want to move into the hex of the losing army #3? Do you this round want to remove units in order to eliminate your army pool deficits (if yes, which units)?
* An army having lost a battle is removed from its hex and placed in the hex of a tower or signal station, fort, fortress, town, capital, or city of its choice that is controlled by its faction as well as without interruption connected by roads and controlled structures to its faction's capital, or, if none of these available, in its faction's capital.
** Since the army pool deficit is higher than the FP cost of the most expensive unit in the army, at least one unit needs to be eliminated to bring the deficit down to zero or lower.

Keep in mind that (if you previously have decided to not to remove any units) the level of your deficit the previous round disallows choosing certain units, whose FP costs fell below the deficit at that time.

Please answer by midnight (Stockholm time) Thursday, April 28, at the latest. Otherwise, I deem your answers to be 'no' and 'as close as possible to current location'.

kronenblatt

Round 13: Order Giving

Post by kronenblatt »

Time has come for round 13's order giving and movement instructions and the 12 MP each of you have.

Please send to me through replying to my PM by Tuesday May 3 (9 PM, Swedish time) at the latest, and just as a simple sequence of individual moves (e.g., 2 4 2 6 0 6), with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by the administrator). I will not open the PMs from any of the factions other than my own until I've published the movement instructions of the Pictish armies.

For details, please check Giving orders and Movement in the RULES.

Any questions? Please ask them in this thread, for everyone else to see question and answer.

Still don't worry: we'll all hold each other's hands to get to know and understand the rules, etc., together. This is for fun, after all! :)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”