Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by DefiantXYX »

I am just playing 1943NH again, to get the Me262 this time. It finally worked :)
But they cant attack ground units in Voronezh, only air units. I will check out if its changing on the next map.

Like I said, in my first playthrough the event was bugged, so I was struggeling a bit on some missions.
I like events like that. 3 Me262, 2 even with zero slot heroes, wtf!
That might be even better than the 3 Panther D + heroes you can get in scenario 2 or 3.

But tbh these events are too strong. So many overpowered units plus even more overpowered heroes, thats changing the whole game experience. Sure you could say you dont have to choose 3 units, just take one. But why should you not spend your points and prestige?
If you ask me, I would change the costs. Even if you fulfill all objectives, you should not be able to get 3 Panther and 3 Me 262. And/or it should cost far more prestige. Maybe like a prestige drop in the DLCs, you should really think twice if you take all these overpowered stuff and you might run out of prestige in the next scenario...
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:21 pm I am just playing 1943NH again, to get the Me262 this time. It finally worked :)
But they cant attack ground units in Voronezh, only air units. I will check out if its changing on the next map.

Like I said, in my first playthrough the event was bugged, so I was struggeling a bit on some missions.
I like events like that. 3 Me262, 2 even with zero slot heroes, wtf!
That might be even better than the 3 Panther D + heroes you can get in scenario 2 or 3.

But tbh these events are too strong. So many overpowered units plus even more overpowered heroes, thats changing the whole game experience. Sure you could say you dont have to choose 3 units, just take one. But why should you not spend your points and prestige?
If you ask me, I would change the costs. Even if you fulfill all objectives, you should not be able to get 3 Panther and 3 Me 262. And/or it should cost far more prestige. Maybe like a prestige drop in the DLCs, you should really think twice if you take all these overpowered stuff and you might run out of prestige in the next scenario...
still balancing a lot on that campaign, but have to finish it first before pollishing stuff like that.

The Me 262 not attacking ground targets was an oversight when reworking some units with last update. The Steam version has been corrected alrdy. will be in the next forum version as well.

sers,
Thomas
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Grondel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:41 pm The Me 262 not attacking ground targets was an oversight when reworking some units with last update. The Steam version has been corrected alrdy. will be in the next forum version as well.
I am using Steam version, afair I startet 1943 NH after the last update.
But no problem, ME262 got better stuff to do than attacking ground stuff :)
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

DefiantXYX wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:09 am
Grondel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:41 pm The Me 262 not attacking ground targets was an oversight [Ret:???... Whaaattt!]
I am using Steam version, afair I startet 1943 NH after the last update.
But no problem, ME262 got better stuff to do than attacking ground stuff :) [Ret:??? I was never aware that the "Me262 was anything much more than an "Interceptor" (primarily for shooting Bombers out of the sky!)... it was never designed to be a "Ground-Attack-Aircraft".]
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

GC43NH - Woronezh: on hex 18,8 u can find a sunken airport...
GC43NH_Voronezh_sunkenAirport.jpg
GC43NH_Voronezh_sunkenAirport.jpg (286.83 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
seco1
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by seco1 »

Eberhard Schlepple In 1943 NH Operation Avalanche isn’t dripping for me? I have run it with 2 different cores and noticed neither one has him. The second run he is alive on turn 20.

I’m using steam.

I have Finished both sides of the split and have to say great job. Africa seems lighter on commendation events/heros but the m26 was a very nice touch.

Also I noticed the organized landing heros on some allied units. Have you thought of adding this trait to Herman-Bernhard Ramcke that you get during the AK campaign? It would make him a true airborne hero.

Overall very well done.
Thank you.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Grondel wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:13 pm -all heavy Weapon/Grenadier units recieved MachineGun and Arty Support, core slots equal to engineers
After playing 1943NH I can say I dont like this trait. Your own infantry gets almost useless, since you cant do infantry fights when the enemy gets support by 2-3 grenadiers. You have to rely even more on tanks and other stuff.

Some words to the 1943 AC-Path:
It feels unfinished, what is of course no problem!
Moscow is one of the best scenarios I ever played. If you chose the wrong strategy even your overpowered core army can take heavy losses.
The next 4-5 scenarios in africa are far too easy and feel repetitive. Kills some defense, kill some tanks, go on to the next map. The enemy fleet is always too weak and most of the time its not really moving.
Its getting harder again when the AI get 1944/1945 tanks and stuff. Like I already said once, 1943 feels more like late 1944 with all the prototype stuff. If you alreay got all this stuff what will you have in 1944 or even 1945?
The story is ok so far but also should receive some tuning. One time you help rommel who is somehow still in africa, at some point he just disappears.
At the end of Morocco it feels like there will we a new scw in 1944?! Is this intended? Looks more like a bug, since vega and franco are talking like there never was a scw with german support.
If you are landing in gibraltar all your units are out of supply. You have to block the harbour and kill everything with your airforce. Also not sure if this is intended.
I still see good potential in this path, if you add some caches or events and do some finetuning on the maps I can be as great as the first part of this year 1943.
Btw. is it necessary to put always 13 units to some hex fields? Its messing up your army, and it feels like wasting time.

Since you can do crazy stuff with events, what do you think about some "negative" events? Lets say while you are fighting russia you have to support the remaining army in africa. Send 3 units of your core force of just 1 or 2 plus some of your prestige. Or if you want to get another super hero you have to give 3 heroes in exchange.
It is a very good idea that you have to choose a number of units you can use for the campaign, but your core is growing and especially the hereos. After Moscow it 2-3 superheroes on some of my units, that just too many.
MajorCyco
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by MajorCyco »

I saw other postings on the grenadier having the artillery trait and wanted to ask what is the rationale for giving it to them.

From a historical perspective, grenadiers have increased mobility and weapons to accompany the armored forces. In the game this is reflected by their higher statistics and associated transport.

From a game play perspective, the trait seems to render lower level artillery obsolete.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

MajorCyco wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:21 pm I saw other postings on the grenadier having the artillery trait and wanted to ask what is the rationale for giving it to them.

From a historical perspective, grenadiers have increased mobility and weapons to accompany the armored forces. In the game this is reflected by their higher statistics and associated transport.

From a game play perspective, the trait seems to render lower level artillery obsolete.
Having had the opportunity to play with the new grenadiers, I am inclined to agree that the addition of the artillery trait is overpowering. That being said, I also think the grenadier type needs to be buffed in some way. Perhaps a grenadier/HW unit might provide additional defense and attack points to adjacent units, much as an engineer allows adjacent unit to partially ignore entrenchment. That would make the type more valuable without turning it into artillery by default.
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Re: grenadier changes

Haven't played them yet, but just looking at the stats, it looks like they would be mutually reinforcing. Lacking suppressing fire to nerf artillery support's effects and with rapid fire, that seems way too OP

I think the Storm Over Europe version, with a switchable mode to 1-range artillery, but no artillery support trait, might be the better way to go. Maybe also include "ferocious defense" as a native trait
Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:58 pm Re: grenadier changes

Haven't played them yet, but just looking at the stats, it looks like they would be mutually reinforcing. Lacking suppressing fire to nerf artillery support's effects and with rapid fire, that seems way too OP

I think the Storm Over Europe version, with a switchable mode to 1-range artillery, but no artillery support trait, might be the better way to go. Maybe also include "ferocious defense" as a native trait
Another way to buff the grenadiers without making them too OP would be buffing their init and/or close defense
MajorCyco

Post by MajorCyco »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:55 pm
Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:58 pm Re: grenadier changes

Another way to buff the grenadiers without making them too OP would be buffing their init and/or close defense
I would concur. Their mobility gives the ability to carry and access additional heavy weapons. They would also have additional heavy weapons mounted on their vehicles. And the vehicles themselves would allow them to be more fluid in their defensive positions.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Since yesterday the AI wont move. I wanted to go on with "D-Day(2)", the last mission in the 1943 NH Europe part, but nothing happened.
I decided to load a savegame when you can choose to play El-Alamain or switch over to the NH part. Same problem, enemy units wont move.
What the problem, maybe an update (Steam version) again?!
ArchDornan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ArchDornan »

DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:26 pm Since yesterday the AI wont move. I wanted to go on with "D-Day(2)", the last mission in the 1943 NH Europe part, but nothing happened.
I decided to load a savegame when you can choose to play El-Alamain or switch over to the NH part. Same problem, enemy units wont move.
Same problem
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:26 pm Since yesterday the AI wont move. I wanted to go on with "D-Day(2)", the last mission in the 1943 NH Europe part, but nothing happened.
i'm ill atm and not doing stuff on the mod. must be something else.

sers,
Thomas
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Grondel wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:12 pm i'm ill atm and not doing stuff on the mod. must be something else.
Get well soon, we need more amazing campaigns from you :)

Never checked a "normal" game so far, but I will try this today.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Everything working again, very strange.
robman

Post by robman »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:33 pm 1943 notes: you probably already have this down for the next update, but for Sumy Training it would be good to have an upgrade hex for the Azul Infanterie
Yes, please--this would be excellent! Thanks again for all of your magnificent work!
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

robman wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:32 pm
Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:33 pm 1943 notes: you probably already have this down for the next update, but for Sumy Training it would be good to have an upgrade hex for the Azul Infanterie
Yes, please--this would be excellent! Thanks again for all of your magnificent work!
i know that i upgraded the hexes in summy to support Azuls and am pretty sure the current version has that upgrade.
let me know if i am wrong.

edit:
i just took a look and for whatever reason the upgrade-hex was not included in the last update, but it is done and will be in the next.

sers,
Thomas
tvautd

Post by tvautd »

Any tips for the Tunisian Bridgehead, I think is the final mission for the Historical Afrika Corps? I just cant resist more than a few turns, Allies have a hundred units and I cant seem to do anything to stop them. I`m not expecting a fair fight but come on...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”