Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Grondel »

robman wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:24 pm I agree that the "Landing" scenario is surprisingly difficult. Even as an experienced player, it took multiple attempts before I figured it out. The main difficulty is the size of the enemy air force. In the preceding scenario, if memory serves, you have three auxiliary fighters, but in the Landing scenario you have none, while facing an enemy air force of roughly the same size as before.
i hope this will be solved with the new mechanic i will be implementing in the cause of next year.
You will be able to move units from the map into reserve, so u can deploy others. This has become possible with the latest AO44 update.
Especially for airforce this is very easy to use. u can then start maps with more fighterplanes and once u have airsuperiority move fighters into reserve and deploy bombers.

i am not sure if this can be made usefull for ground units as well since it takes way longer to move them across a map, but still testing and playing around with that.

some of the maps of the 2nd halve of 1943NH will have this feature. feel free to feedback/give ideas on that.
robman wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:24 pm My solution: Deploy two AA guns, four fighters, and one fighter-bomber, and let the enemy fighters strike first. Taking the mainland objective without Stukas or strat bombers is a slog, but this way at least I get there.
i usually go with 1AA 2-3 fighters and several BF that will dogfight until airsuperiority.

sers,
Thomas
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

Hm is there a secret of the "Fallschirmjaeger Leutnant" that joined m Coreforce after saving his men ?
I seems this is just a textbox, no hero or new Paratrooper unit apperared.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:52 pm Hm is there a secret of the "Fallschirmjaeger Leutnant" that joined m Coreforce after saving his men ?
on turn 18 rudolf witzig wants to join ur force. u get the choice to accept or decline this transfer.
i just tested it and all is working fine for me, turn 18 choice box pops up and after accept rudolf witzig hero screen is shown.

from ur discription i can't really say whats going on for u could u describe it in more detail?

sers,
Thomas
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

On the last turn i got the offer to accept or decline, during the victory screen (?).
I accepted the offer but in the next scenario there was no new hero or something.

Its not a big deal, i will repeat GC anyways (hehe) and i cant go back to that mission/save. But for the next run i know that there will be a hero, if this occurs again, i will be able to report and give more feedback and testing.
AndyNing
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by AndyNing »

It seems like we will have a new 1943NH tomorrow? So looking forward for that, thanks for updating this mod :)
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

AndyNing wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:43 pm It seems like we will have a new 1943NH tomorrow? So looking forward for that, thanks for updating this mod :)
i am currently torn if i will update tomorow or next week. Due to some issues with the last game update i had to redo several scenarios and now only the africa part is finished, while europe only has the first 2 scenarios.

still thinking about it.

sers,
Thomas
AndyNing

Post by AndyNing »

Grondel wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:48 pm
AndyNing wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:43 pm It seems like we will have a new 1943NH tomorrow? So looking forward for that, thanks for updating this mod :)
i am currently torn if i will update tomorow or next week. Due to some issues with the last game update i had to redo several scenarios and now only the africa part is finished, while europe only has the first 2 scenarios.

still thinking about it.

sers,
Thomas
It dosen't matter when update to be honestly, we enjoyed your mod for free, please take your times. I just want to appreciate your work, have a nice weekend ! :D
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:52 pm Hm is there a secret of the "Fallschirmjaeger Leutnant" that joined m Coreforce after saving his men ?
i have a guess what might have happened.
did u run out of enemies and speedclick through the last turns, thus ending turn 18 before resolving the choicebox?

sers,
Thomas
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

This might have happened.

There are some missions i was able to "fly through" so this is an option. But there are some missions i was struggling til the end.
I will check in my next pt for sure :D
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

I decided to wait till next weekend with updating to finish 1943NH, it's just 4 scenarios that need to be finished.

here are the changes outside of 1943NH that will come with next update.

general
tiper P and panther P can no longer be purchased

1939 Kampino forest
trains will be trains

1939 training
turned wehr inf into target dummy

1939 Lillehammer
added additional english airfield
english airwave enter AO earlier
strengthened norw.inf
scenario will not end on capture last vic hex
Airwave contains 1 bomber instead of recon
scenario has 15 turns now

1939 Narvik
Galland no longer is legendary to tidy up his hero-window
added dirt airfield 14,20
aux-guns now have transports
aux-units now have 1.5 stars
eduard dietl will join if u save him and spend 2 commendation points

1940 Wassigny
south east enemy wave has been found and will spawn correctly
enemy plane spawn can no longer be prevented by conquering all airfields

1940 Amiens
turn limit reduce to 20 from 25
adjusted enemy reinforcements

1940 Dunkirchen
added dover and some RAF-forces to the map

1941 Vyazma
70th Wehrinfantrie no longer fights for russia
enemy heros diversified with new hero script
changed skin of the 3 tank corps to better distinguish elite enemies
turnlimit up to 22 turn from 20

1941 Streets of moscow
Counterattack moved to turn 20 from 24
elite counter-units respond when attacked before turn 20

1941 Demyansk Pocket
removed southern spawn zone to prevent AI problems

1942 Voronezh
FilippGolikov and MaxReyter found their tanks and manned them

1942 Novoanninsky
erich hartmann no longer is legendary to tidy up his hero-ui
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

Thanks Grondel.

Really, really looking forward to it. Based on the early scenarios, this one is going to be great!
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

I think i finished the GC so far, i endet up in Voronezh 1943 NH, there are no mission objectives or the promised aux forces at my disposal and after wiping out all enemies and taking all objectives nothing happens, so i guess thats the end.

I havent played Afrikacoprs and normal 1943 yet
-------

Some words on the playthrough:
Generalissimus and Ironman, rnd on 10%, nothing else special
Got real bad luck with heros, no RF, no Double Attack, 1 ZeroSlots, 2 Reduced Slots, 1 Vigilant, 1 camo but tons of "sith sense, fast lerned and learn from mistakes dudes from prelude to 1943 nh....unlucky me :D
It was a fun ride, thats for sure! Coreslots seem a little to tight, there were some hard decisions to make for me.

Stuff i enjoyed:
- the idea of victory points, although i havent figured out how to spend them, i bet there is potential in them i like the idea its something like minor or decisive victories
- the mixture of super heros (finally!! recon hero and Strat bomber Rudel (yay!)
- prestige was an issue, thats nice!
- choices to make (Bar vs Kloss i.e.)
- It felt way harder than AO, but that might be due to no map knowledge and my hero badluck, but a single wrong move will cost you a unit in most missions, thats nice
- Slogging through thousands of "Survivor" Infantry units was a mean little surprise hehe

Stuff i missed:
- a special unit like the Neubaufahrzeug, the Verdeja or Azuls. A fun unit or something, i mean the Neubaufahrzeug is not great, way to expensive but you can do real funny things with it, what about a nice recon unit ? :D
- No Kradschützen43 :/ The Motorbikes did improve over the years and the infatry mounted on them improved aswell
- Medal-"Farming" was kinda awkward, none of my planes got survivor lvl 1 i.e.
- even if you need to reduce your core 1943nh, at least 1 more training mission would be great
- more big maps (35+ turns) :D

I wasnt able to get all bonus objectives so i might have missed some stuff, but i had to regroup my army on some maps. But i had some (a lot?) CPs left in most of the years.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

thx for the detailed feedback, always apreciated.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm I think i finished the GC so far, i endet up in Voronezh 1943 NH, there are no mission objectives or the promised aux forces at my disposal and after wiping out all enemies and taking all objectives nothing happens, so i guess thats the end.
sometime this weekend i will upload the next update, also i am still not finished with 1943NH completely.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm I havent played Afrikacoprs and normal 1943 yet
Those 2 are the first ones i did after my return to the mod roughly a year ago. U will notice lots of changes cause i was able to hone my LUA magic and started to be able to do things not seen in the AO so far, like units spawning with heros attached eg.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm Stuff i enjoyed:
- the idea of victory points, although i havent figured out how to spend them, i bet there is potential in them i like the idea its something like minor or decisive victories
U will not be able to spend them, but they decide or path through the campaign. There are some hidden points as well that open up special operations and mission u will otherwise miss. once i uploaded the next update i will make a post about that or add it to the cache and commendation post.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm - the mixture of super heros (finally!! recon hero and Strat bomber Rudel (yay!)
if u have any more ideas let me know. i am especially looking for "developing"heros like wittman that start of somewhere and have some sort of a career.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm - It felt way harder than AO, but that might be due to no map knowledge and my hero badluck, but a single wrong move will cost you a unit in most missions, thats nice
When i started working on the mod i wanted something more challenging than AO, without being unfair. nice to hear that i hit that spot. ;)
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm Stuff i missed:
- a special unit like the Neubaufahrzeug, the Verdeja or Azuls. A fun unit or something, i mean the Neubaufahrzeug is not great, way to expensive but you can do real funny things with it, what about a nice recon unit ? :D
Creating those is a skill i learned after i came back. In AC u will encounter the "Brigata Folgore" during malta and later the Iraqi Kavalerie.
in the 2nd part of 1943NH u will encounter the E-series that was never build in reality and if u choose to go for Europe u will encounter a new Schützenpanzer with grenadiers.
Sadly creating new models is beyond me atm, so i had to vandalize existing ones.
In the next year i want to review the early years and look what can be done in this area there.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm - No Kradschützen43 :/ The Motorbikes did improve over the years and the infatry mounted on them improved aswell
That is a good idea, i alrdy put Kavalerie 43 into the mod, didn´t think about the kradschützen since i never use them for serious fighting.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm - Medal-"Farming" was kinda awkward, none of my planes got survivor lvl 1 i.e.
- even if you need to reduce your core 1943nh, at least 1 more training mission would be great
there are 3 training missions and 1 training possibility during a mission in 1943NH. really not enough? i think i uped the number of units to transfer. let me know if it still feels like that after ur next playthrough.
Bee1976 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm I wasnt able to get all bonus objectives so i might have missed some stuff, but i had to regroup my army on some maps. But i had some (a lot?) CPs left in most of the years.
the early years are all set up to have all CP spend when u get all and buy all.
during AC i developed a script that will offer the player stuff according to the CP they actually have.
This removes the issue where u will get nothing if u don't have a certain CP threshhold, even if u could afford something.
i want to review the earlier years next year to install this there,too.

thx again for the detailed feedback, i need more of that. ;)

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

the mod has been updated on steam.
please use this link if u don't use steam:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/93npddkk ... 1.zip/file

tpoo didn't respond to me in a while so i don't know if the first post will be updated.

changes:
general
tiper P and panther P/IVH can no longer be purchased

1939 Kampino forest
trains will be trains

1939 training
turned wehr inf into target dummy

1939 Lillehammer
added additional english airfield
english airwave enter AO earlier
strengthened norw.inf
scenario will not end on capture last vic hex
Airwave contains 1 bomber instead of recon
scenario has 15 turns now

1939 Narvik
Galland no longer is legendary to tidy up his hero-window
added dirt airfield 14,20
aux-guns now have transports
aux-units now have 1.5 stars
eduard dietl will join if u save him and spend 2 commendation points

1940 Wassigny
south east enemy wave has been found and will spawn correctly
enemy plane spawn can no longer be prevented by conquering all airfields

1940 Amiens
turn limit reduce to 20 from 25
adjusted enemy reinforcements

1940 Dunkirchen
added dover and some RAF-forces to the map

1941 Vyazma
70th Wehrinfantrie no longer fights for russia
enemy heros diversified with new hero script
changed skin of the 3 tank corps to better distinguish elite enemies
turnlimit up to 22 turn from 20

1941 Streets of moscow
Counterattack moved to turn 20 from 24
elite counter-units respond when attacked before turn 20

1941 Demyansk Pocket
removed southern spawn zone to prevent AI problems

1942 Voronezh
FilippGolikov and MaxReyter found their tanks and manned them

1942 Novoanninsky
erich hartmann no longer is legendary to tidy up his hero-ui

1943NH
scenario pathing for 2nd half added(u will have to start a new 1943NH campaign to enable them)
added Voronezh43 scenario
added t2Novorossiysk243
added Kuybyshev43 scenario
added Gorky43 scenario
added Kummersdorf43 scenario
added Egypt43 scenario
added ElAlamein43 scenario
added ElAlamein43flank scenario
added advanceonTobruk43 scenario
added Tobruk43 scenario
added Tobruk43flank scenario
added ac43Tunesia
added ac43Lybia
added ac43Morocco
added west43NHnorthItaly
added west43NHsouthItaly
added west43NHSizillia
added west43NHNormandy
added west43NHNormandycleanup
added west43NHlowercountries1
added west43NHlowercountries2
added several ending scenarios

1943NH is still not finished and being worked on. please report any oddities u come across.
cache and commendation thread will be updated in short.

sers,
Thomas
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

On my first look through the new content: looks great
My plan is to play my existing campaign up through Gorky, then start 43NH over, then start a new campaign to enjoy the new content for the older campaigns

First suggestion: for the first Novo training mission in 43, maybe add 1 more upgrade tile, so that you can bring all 3 paras + 1 kava, or 2 para & 2 kava, as the tiles aren't reusable
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:34 pm On my first look through the new content: looks great
My plan is to play my existing campaign up through Gorky, then start 43NH over, then start a new campaign to enjoy the new content for the older campaigns

First suggestion: for the first Novo training mission in 43, maybe add 1 more upgrade tile, so that you can bring all 3 paras + 1 kava, or 2 para & 2 kava, as the tiles aren't reusable
i found a way to upgrade several units with one tile that i used in Kummersdorf of 1943NH. i will probably use that way always since it has less problems and a certain number can be set to upgrade.
i will set it so u can upgrade all 3 paras and 3 kavas if u really want to.
is on my list for the next update.
thx for the input.

sers,
Thomas
David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by David Hansen »

Are there campaign "trees" available for each year's particular mod?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

David Hansen wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm Are there campaign "trees" available for each year's particular mod?
currently not, in this forum is a thread with all commendation events, this should give some hints to the tree.

sers,
Thomas
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

Just played through 39:

I like the changes to the training grounnds. With the number of core slots and units that can be deployed it's a good balance.
Eduard Dietl is a nice addition. Not overpowered but special heroes are always welcomed into my core :)

Bugs:
Spoils of War: First message box is empy
Lillehammer: When I approached the 9th IO Infantry (south supply hex) it had an entrenchment level of 10/8 which I found odd.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Resolute wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:00 pm Just played through 39:

I like the changes to the training grounnds. With the number of core slots and units that can be deployed it's a good balance.
Eduard Dietl is a nice addition. Not overpowered but special heroes are always welcomed into my core :)

Bugs:
Spoils of War: First message box is empy
Lillehammer: When I approached the 9th IO Infantry (south supply hex) it had an entrenchment level of 10/8 which I found odd.
thx for ur feedback.
will both be fixed with next update.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”