Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Grondel »

Resolute wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:12 pm That is very odd. I've been playing that scenario a few times but the AI usually comes in waves and not that constant stream. The AI was also far more aggressive, I had to stay at the starting position because I got wrecked. I had to use a lot of prestige as well. I am usually around 4k after that scenario but I was down to 275.
no changes on our end. maybe there have been changes on the AI behavior with a general patch.

if u play differently, the AI will behave differently. that could be the cause as well.

sers,
Thomas
Nexus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Nexus »

I get only 1 core slot in East Afrika... imho this would be too difficult... :P
Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_9.png (564.18 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
SaveFiles of last turn previous scenario and turn 0 east afrika:
https://mega.nz/file/L4J1kCgR#deBPfyHr4 ... bmD2KdH0Jw
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@nexus
will be fixed in next update.
until then use "setany max_core_slots 130" as workaround. u might be missing transports as well in that scenario.

sers,
Thomas
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Thank you for the quick reply!
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Same problem in British India, only 1 core slot available. And the year is 1944, I dont think this is intended?

The last 3-4 scenarios of this campaign seem unfinished. You got like 25 turns but after some fights in the first 5-10 turns you only cross an empty map.
PWHERREN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by PWHERREN »

Grondel wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:57 am i need more information to help u with ur crash.
what platform/download of the game and the mod are u using?
when u open ur modmanager, what version of the mod are u using? PC1 GrandCampaign -steam(local, when downloaded here) 09.04.22 should be the current version
in older versions we had some issues with enemy heroes causing a crash
I'm playing version 1.3.0 of PanzerCorps2.
Using Steam.
The version of the GC1 is 09.04.22.
Not using any other mods.
PWHERREN

Post by PWHERREN »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:51 pm
PWHERREN wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:56 pm I'm getting a game crash after finishing PALESTINE, after the mission debriefing is finished, when I click on CONTINUE on the Results Screen. It crashes each time while the next scenario loads.

I've restarted & retried multiple times, but can't get past this screen.

Any thoughts?
If using STEAM... first try to validate your Game-Integrity by 1st right-clicking on Panzer Corps ---This effort is carried out to make sure that your Game-Download is in good order---... then... Go-To Properties... then Local-Files... and at last click the... Verify Integrity of Game Files. Try your Game again... to see if all is in order.

If that fails... then when you still have the PzC2 Game listings tab highlighted... left-click STEAM on the top left hand side of the STEAM page... then click SETTINGS... and then again... at last... scroll down the right-hand side of the Page... select and activate... CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE. Once this is done... you can then try to RE-INSTALL PzC2... without any defect corrupt programming or junk which may get in your way which would have been causing you your grief... which could be Corrupt-Game-Files!.

So then... Re-Install the Game... and hopefully... you should have no-more-issues!.

Beyond this!... I don't know what else to do!.
So, I've done the first bit, verifying the integrity of the game files. There were 4 files that were suspect and "re-acquired."

As far as the 2nd bit, I wasn't able to find the CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE.

Just wondering --- If I follow all of these instructions, will I lose all of my old data? My game saves? My core units?

Thanks for your help,

PWHERREN
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

PWHERREN Senior Corporal - Destroyer:
So far!... I have never lost any saved Game information... but!... that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

Now!... if you have 'STEAM'... you should be able to click on the Panzer Corps 2 listing... and then be able to re-download the Game again. If that doesn't work... go-to 'Members'... and 'Log-In' to 'My-Page'... and try to re-download your Game again.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

One more thing to british india, the british AI is not doing anything. Its just attacking when you are in range.

After that scenario I wanted to go back to a savegame when I can choose the way to the kaukasus. I saved in the last turn but when I load it, my units cant move. I dont have a autosave left to go back to this point, but I realized that bug occurs on all the autosaves. I have to end a turn to get the ability back to move my units.

My conclusion for the africa korps is, there is still a lot to do, but I really enjoyed playing the non histrocial part.
I would like to play it again, when there is another update.

2 more notes:
- I think the dates are overall mixed. The arabia map is early 1943, later you are back in 1942. Playing with limited stock enabled I could upgrade to 1943 infantry at some point, but my stock was not filled up in the following maps, since the units were just not available yet.
- When you choose to ignore your orders and do the non historical path Rommel says something like he will stay in africa and later he is doing the histrocial path in africa. Somehow later he is your commanding officer again, standing at your side. Was a little bit confusing for me.

Once again, thanks for you great work here, I hope my feedback can help you to do some improvements.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@defiantxyx

judging by ur feedback i asume u have an old savegame mixed into the new update.
there will be another update next weekend (29./30.04.)
i would suggest to wait for that and do a fresh start of africa corps after that, this should solve most of ur issues.

please keep reporting anything unusual u encounter.

sers,
Thomas

p.s.:
u get letters from rommel in the debriefings before iraq that should explain what is happening around u.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

After the last major update I completly restarted the afrika corps campaign.
If no one else is reporting these issues that might be indeed a strange bug that only occurs for me.
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

Just some map feedback on 43' compared to the PC1 ones:

Kremenchug: In PC1 that was a really cool map. You had to fend of the landing in the west, had the oppurtunity to dish out some damage to artillery units and then had to fall back since there was a big push incoming.

Playing the mod, the lack of crossings, the AI being really aggressive right from the start and the fact that you have to deploy most of your units at the very back, makes an inital aggressive approach not really a viable strategy. The map is fairly easy since you just have to deny bridgetrooper landings and most of the damage actually comes from the AI artillery but overall the map forces you into a very passive gameplay,

Kiev1943: In PC1 that was a crazy map, thanks to those IS-1 spawns. It was also very decent. You had to defend Kiev, deal with the paratroopers and tackle the forces from the SE.
The map, like Kremenchug, plays a bit too passive. Depending on the weather, you spent most of the time slowly moving your forces up from the deplyoyment area. The inital push is also easy to contain, especially since there is never any threat from the SE.

Overall I really like the map conversions but if you ever get bored, I think those two could get some love.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@resolute

i am currently busy with AC and hope to get it completed and polished with this weekends patch.

1943 historical is up next for final polishing, especially the briefing will recieve updates since they are just PC1 imports atm and are missing are the nice new PC2 shananigans ;)

thx for ur feedback,m i´ll have it in mind when reaching those scenarios.

sers,
Thomas

P.S.: i finally found a way to save the FW190A9 from crashing. hurray!
WalterTFD

Post by WalterTFD »

In mission Prokhorovka, the player is given the chance to get Walter Nowotny in a Me 262 A. I've payed the Prestige/Commendation points, but he doesn't show up on turn 1-7. Is he supposed to arrive later on, or is the mod glitching on me?

Thanks as always for your efforts.

Looking through the .lua file, maybe the issue is that while rest of page is scenario_Prokhorovka in their message box, Nowalny's function has scenario_DashtotheWire on its arrival message and under hero.name has scenario_Suez Canal .
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@WalterTFD
i just uploaded a new version to steam, 1943 polishing is up in the next patch.

tpoo will update the link here soon i guess.

thx for the input, has been added to my todo list.

sers,
Thomas
mp84
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mp84 »

Just want to say. Late bloomer to panzer corps 2. Really looking forward to checking this out after playing pc 2 it’s super hard to go back to 1 as much I love it so thank you for this. Looks like it will be perfect time to start this up this weekend as I’m almost done with the 1942 AO dlc. And I will be going the AC route as I’ve had my fill of the east for now lol.
WalterTFD

Post by WalterTFD »

@Grondel, I modified the LUA to have the right mission name and it worked, looks like it was just a simple fix.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@walterTFD
thx for the info, copy paste can be a bitch ;)

sers,
Thomas
Pener
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Pener »

Hello,

i am stuck in the AC Campaign because of the slots. I really like it so far.
Would be great to update the version here as it was in steam.

Pener
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

@pener
if u know how to use this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/39rtlrqj ... 2.zip/file

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”