Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Chepicoro
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Chepicoro »

Hi again..... I decided to play all the campaign again...but now in the last two missions of 1939 in Norway in the maps with snow.... the textures of the sea seem to be wrong, like frozen. :shock:

I´m the only one with this problem???

Thanks for your kind help
UncleAi

Post by UncleAi »

Chepicoro wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:13 am Hi again..... I decided to play all the campaign again...but now in the last two missions of 1939 in Norway in the maps with snow.... the textures of the sea seem to be wrong, like frozen. :shock:

I´m the only one with this problem???

Thanks for your kind help
Me too. In Lillehammer and Narvik. It appear because the ground state is frozened. I tried setany ground_state Dry or Snowy the sea become normal. Very weird and hard to see the sea because it looks like frozen ground with a white layer.

Update:
In AO and vanila campaign, they usually set ground state Snowy. And no Frozen Deep Sea in map. The terrain type Shallow Sea when Frozen will only have the white layer. The Deep Sea when Frozen will have the ground texture with the white layer.

We don't have this problem on early version game (I checked on V 1.1.10). On early version game the Frozen Deep Sea is only a little bit darker.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

hallo, I'm on the way through the NH Part of the DAK campaign. In the Iraq-scenario I could buy in the beginning 1 - 3 Iraq-Btls (I choose 1). In Grondels Thread 'PK1 caches and commendations' it is written that the Iraqis join the fight on turn 1, but nothing appears instead a little notice of a script-error
script error_iraq_turn1.jpg
script error_iraq_turn1.jpg (148.57 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Another thing, I started in the NH part of the DAK campaign with 8 Italian units (7 ground, 1 air). I dont know when it happens, but now my italian comrades are german comrades and I see in the next scenario (Basra) I'm able to update the italian units...
Edit: maybe I had to start the whole DAK campaign again... :?:
o_t_d_x
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by o_t_d_x »

Enjoying africa corps at the moment, palestine to be precise.

1. Very good work, but weather is most of the time cloudy. Shouldnt be the weather better in desert ?

2. Is it historical, that the british had soooo many modern spitfires on cirprus ? In london they had less. :lol: My 88 elite gun had much too do. Too much, for so little ammunition. I put away the double support hero. Now i know that this hero can be bad. Ciprus thaught me that.

3. And the tank masses in palestine look more like kursk. Do i remember incorrect, or have these brit and us tanks been worse in panzer corps 1 ? I never needed pak against the brits and the us, in pc1. (i have no tigers btw., only pz4g)

4. They had oil pipelines in the 40s ?

5. Most naval battles end in total annihilation of my and the enemy fleet. Maybe because i dont care so much for aux units. Interesting that i have core battle ships now. Used too much of them too finish the brit. fleet and had not enough stuka power against the brit tank masses. (brits had so good flak all the time, that stuka was no good choice for me but here, palestine, there surface air defence is really weak. So it took too much time to annihilate the brit. tank army and i lost because of 1 turn. (in reality: has there been a battle, where one side absolutly annihilates all enemys and looses because they needed one day too long ? in pc 2 this happens often, cant imagine that time is soooooo important if you kill em all :twisted: )

6. I dont have the newest patch, is it recommended for afrika corps ?
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

o_t_d_x wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:25 pm Enjoying africa corps at the moment, palestine to be precise.

1. Very good work, but weather is most of the time cloudy. Shouldnt be the weather better in desert ?

2. Is it historical, that the british had soooo many modern spitfires on cirprus ? In london they had less. :lol: My 88 elite gun had much too do. Too much, for so little ammunition. I put away the double support hero. Now i know that this hero can be bad. Ciprus thaught me that.

3. And the tank masses in palestine look more like kursk. Do i remember incorrect, or have these brit and us tanks been worse in panzer corps 1 ? I never needed pak against the brits and the us, in pc1. (i have no tigers btw., only pz4g)

4. They had oil pipelines in the 40s ?

5. Most naval battles end in total annihilation of my and the enemy fleet. Maybe because i dont care so much for aux units. Interesting that i have core battle ships now. Used too much of them too finish the brit. fleet and had not enough stuka power against the brit tank masses. (brits had so good flak all the time, that stuka was no good choice for me but here, palestine, there surface air defence is really weak. So it took too much time to annihilate the brit. tank army and i lost because of 1 turn. (in reality: has there been a battle, where one side absolutly annihilates all enemys and looses because they needed one day too long ? in pc 2 this happens often, cant imagine that time is soooooo important if you kill em all :twisted: )

6. I dont have the newest patch, is it recommended for afrika corps ?
the Kirkuk–Haifa oil pipeline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkuk%E2 ... l_pipeline
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

NautiLaus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:09 pm hallo, I'm on the way through the NH Part of the DAK campaign. In the Iraq-scenario I could buy in the beginning 1 - 3 Iraq-Btls (I choose 1). In Grondels Thread 'PK1 caches and commendations' it is written that the Iraqis join the fight on turn 1, but nothing appears instead a little notice of a script-error
script error_iraq_turn1.jpg
issue found and will be corrected next update. thx for reporting.

sers,
Thomas
Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Other issue I found with the Afrika Korps campaign: the Iraqi cavalry's recon trait doesnt seem to be working quite right. It displays as having it, and they have the extra +1 spotting, but they dont seem to confer the recon aiming assistance, either in the combat log accuracy calculations or on the map itself with the little floating notification

Thanks for being so response about these issues, btw
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:33 am Other issue I found with the Afrika Korps campaign: the Iraqi cavalry's recon trait doesnt seem to be working quite right. It displays as having it, and they have the extra +1 spotting, but they dont seem to confer the recon aiming assistance, either in the combat log accuracy calculations or on the map itself with the little floating notification

Thanks for being so response about these issues, btw
has been working for me before 1.3.3 will have a look at that.

Edit:
seems recon trait will only work on recon-ground units now. will be corrected next update. Thx for reporting.

sers,
Thomas
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

What you guys have done is much appreciated. Really looking forward to more campaigns. AO1943 got me playing again, love the job Kerensky does with that new series. Also looking forward to GC1944 and my all time favorite GC1945. I will have to take a look at the Storm series too, that could be the best of them all.

Just finished the first three scenarios in the 1943 NH and really enjoyed them. Winnowing down your core and prestige, and then throwing you into a couple of hard defend and attack battles really upped the difficulty, especially with all the different enemy heroes in play. Keep up the good work; I'm looking forward to seeing how the branching part comes into play!
Also appreciated the scale of Maikop and Rostov, both in terms of actual map size and in terms of units in play. It really felt like you were involved in large-scale operations, rather than just a limited tactical engagement

Only issue I found (maybe this is because I'm using trench slog this run?) is that the upgraded railgun's ignore entrenchment didnt seem to work: it was unable to get any kills against fully entrenched infantry
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:09 am
Only issue I found (maybe this is because I'm using trench slog this run?) is that the upgraded railgun's ignore entrenchment didnt seem to work: it was unable to get any kills against fully entrenched infantry
some of the enemy infantry units have heros that prevent the entrenchment to be ignored.

sers,
Thomas

Grondel wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:49 am
Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:09 am
some of the enemy infantry units have heros that prevent the entrenchment to be ignored.

sers,
Thomas
Oh yeah, Ferocious Defense. It's such a mostly useless hero for the player that I had sort of forgotten that it existed, lol
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

Found a little bug in my new playthrough on warsaw south map: If you loose core units you cannot place new units on the map. Drop Zone is missing even if you conquer vic hexes.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

o_t_d_x wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:20 pm Found a little bug in my new playthrough on warsaw south map: If you loose core units you cannot place new units on the map. Drop Zone is missing even if you conquer vic hexes.
i´ll add some deploy hexes next update. i rarely loose units so i tend to forget about them. ;)

sers,
Thomas
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

Grondel wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:23 pm i´ll add some deploy hexes next update. i rarely loose units so i tend to forget about them. ;)
sers,
Thomas
I have let them die because i needed other core units. They have been only beginner units and i had lotz of prestige. Sadly there are no exit hexes for units, like in my endsieg pc1 mod. Was a little annoying that i killed them for nothing, because i coudnt drop other units. :lol:

Sometimes i want to change core units during mission, for ex. when i have killed all fighters, i dont need fighters any longer. And if the need for more arty is there, why not send the planes home. Of course its a risky choice, because if a script drops new enemy airforce, then i have to reach the exit hex with not needed ground troops, so i can drop my fighters again. (on my east of moscow map i had such a problem and the exit hex was faaaaar in the west...)

Its not a big thing, but exit hexes can add some interesting tactical choices, especially in big complex maps with lotz of scripts.
Last edited by o_t_d_x on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

o_t_d_x wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:21 pm Its not a big thing, but exit hexes can add some interesting tactical choices, especially in big complex maps with lotz of scripts.
sadly undeploy hexes where u move units to the reserve are not possible atm. i've been requesting them since...SCW? not exactly sure but for quite some time. no response to that so far.

sers,
Thomas
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

Interesting, how many things arent possible with the "superior PC2" editor, compared to the old one of pc1. :lol:
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Grondel wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:27 pm sadly undeploy hexes where u move units to the reserve are not possible atm. i've been requesting them since...SCW? not exactly sure but for quite some time. no response to that so far.
Exit Hexes were a feature mentioned by Rudankort before PzC2 release.
But as noted, have yet to appear.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

Is there a plan to finish this series now, or is the plan to pursue the more aggressive Storm Over Europe first?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”